Introduce yourself here

Hi, i am new to this too! My names Hayley and have been TTC for three years! Just had our third IUI using puregon 75 yesterday! First two were unsuccesful this is our last try before moving on to IVF so fingers crossed! Its great to know i am not in this alone and all my feelings are felt by so many people on this forum! So its day 1 of the dreaded 2ww going to try to keep as busy as possible this time but i know it wont change anything, its still something that constantly plays on my mind! Just glad to know when it gets tough i can come on here and know i am not alone!

My DH and I have been ttc for 17 months. We are going to try IUI next month for the first time. I’ve done three rounds of clomid with trigger shot. We got a good eggs 2 months and I ovulated but no luck.We took this month off and I’m glad I didn’t realize how depressed the clomid was making me.

I’m new here. We have been ttc for one year on our own and just did our first IUI this morning. We used injectables and a trigger shot. Only one egg :frowning: but I guess sometimes that’s all it take.

Hi ladies!
I’m new to this (website and IUI process), so forgive me if I post in the wrong place and/or don’t use or understand the abbreviations correctly.

I’m 27, my husband is 31 and we have been married for just over a year and a half. My husband suffered from a form of cancer when he was 13 years old and the chemotherapy saved his life, but meant that his chances of having children were limited. Before we were even engaged, we discussed the prospect of starting a family (my ultimate dream in life!) and he underwent some tests to see what his fertility position actually was. As expected, the news wasn’t what we were hoping for and he was diagnosed with azoopermia. I found this really hard to get my head around, whereas he was always quite prepared for this to be the case. We parked the idea for a few years, knowing that we were both still very young and that there would be many options for us to explore when the time was right. Well, for the past year or so, the time has been right!! The whole idea of trying to conceive was like a big black hole for me, until we started to research the options. We went to the London Women’€™s Clinic in Harley Street who did many tests on me, and it turns out I am pretty much a perfect case for conception. Good news :slight_smile: . Our options were IUI with donor sperm or IVF with donor sperm. We have chosen to start with IUI and to move on to IVF if we are not successful in the next 6 months.
We found a suitable donor from Cryos New York (LWC have their own sperm bank, but English law means you cannot see pictures - not ideal). So we ordered our sperm from New York and are ready to have our first go! I have been peeing on ovulation sticks (and counting like Rain Man) for a few months as practice. We couldn’™t start right away as I have been weaning off of pregnancy preventative medication for the past 6 months - unrelated medical issue!
Today I got my first SMILEY FACE! This means that Saturday will be our optimum ovulation day and so we will embark on our first IUI.

I have been engrossed in everyone’s stories so far and just wanted to join in for some moral support as we start our journey…

PS - what is all the text and pics/symbols at the bottom of everyone’s posts??

Hi everyone. Let’s see, I am 34 years old, been married to my husband for a little over 2 years. He’s 32 and healthy. I have low AMH/high FSH one blocked tube, endometriosis and obviously age isn’t on my side. I just had 2 fibroids removed 2 weeks ago. I did an IVf clinical trial last year, and didn’t respond well to the meds, I only produced 2 eggs and neither of them made it. I got pregnant naturally in May of this year and that ended in a miscarriage. I went to an RE and he wanted to jump right into IVF doing a micro-dose lupron flare protocol, but my insurance company says that I have to do 6 IUI cycles first, and while I feel that will be a complete waste of time and money for me, I am hopeful that it will work. I am also hoping that I can get the Doc to advocate on my behalf for them to approve me to bypass the required 6 IUI cycles.

hello all. i (nearly 36) and my wife(nearly 33) are undergoing treatment for infertility in india. we have been ttc for more than 18 months now. we have got HSG done to unblock one of the tubes, and have had 3 IUIs done with no luck. as if this wasn’t enough, my motility has gone down dramatically in the last 3-4 months. now both of us are on some sort of medication and we see our GYN more than we see our friends. :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone. I’m new here! I’m 28, my husband is 32 and we just went through our first IUI on Monday Sept. 30…now in the dreaded 2WW. I have unexplained infertility, HSG was clear, low egg reserve for my age though and my husband has decent numbers and motility but very low morphology-- 2%. They had me do Clomid and Ovidrel this cycle. Looking for any advice, support, insight by joining.

Hello all. I am new to this site. I am 34 years old and my husband and I have been married for 10 years. We found out 6 months after we got married that he has a zero sperm count. It took 4 or 5 years for him to even talk to about it. Two years ago he told his entire family and 6 months ago he agreed to use a sperm donor. Now after 10 years of TTC, I will have my first IUI tomorrow or the next day. I had my day 13 scan and I had two follicles 16.5 and 21. I am 50mg of Clomid. I am so nervous and looking for a little support. I know I have a long 2 weeks coming up.

Hello everyone! I’m new here. I’m 34 and my husband is 34. We have been trying for 3 years. Unexplained infertility. My husbands sperm are good and I had low thyroid, but all my other numbers were good. I’ve always ovulated just had a 38+ day cycle. Finally got to 30 day cycle. Still haven’t been able to get pregnant so my RE thought we should try Clomid with iui. Started 100mg of Clomid on October 3rd. Been testing for ovulation since the 9th, but nothing yet. I started spotting on Sunday, but still no positive OPK. I’m a little worried. Has anyone had a similar occurrence? I sometimes spot during ovulation, but this time no positive OPK.

Hello all! My partner and I are working with a fertility clinic to conceive. Our story is a little different since we do not (yet) have fertility issues, except that neither of us have the boy parts to produce a baby! I have done all of the blood testing and we have chosen a donor. I’m on my way tomorrow to get an ultrasound to make sure everything is “quiet” and to check my estrogen levels. If everything looks okay, they will start me on letrozol (sp?) and arm me with the trigger shot for later. I’m excited and nervous but glad there is support from a forum like this!

hi everyone, I’m new to this site and love this forum already, I’m 26 years old and I’ve already had 1 miscarriage when I was 19 with my 1st ex boyfriend (we’ve broken up since then), the doctor said it was because I am RH- and my ex is probably RH+ which caused me to have the miscarriage, ever since I was 16 years old I’ve wanted my own little girl, I already have her name chosen and everything, and when I had that miscarriage it just crushed me, I’ve never really gotten over it and I’ve wanted a LO of my own ever since then but never could find the right man but I’m tired of going through so many wrong men and have decided to go through a sperm bank to have a baby of my own, I know it’s going to be a hard journey but I have a great support system in my family and few friends I’ve got and I have an excellent job, I feel like I’m ready now, I’m tired of waiting, I’m going to do either an IUI or AI at home, haven’t decided yet but wish me luck no matter the direction I go in :slight_smile: I hope I can make a few friends here along the way during my journey or at least get to know some of you

Hi everyone I am 33. My DH is 38. We have a healthy, happy beautiful DS (6). We have been trying 5 years for another child. We have taken clomid, clomid with dex and Letrozole. I have also had 3 IUI’s. I am currently taking 7.5mg Letrozole and going for an IUI on Feb 6th. Oh I also have PCOS. Any info anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Wishing all the best of luck to everyone!

Hi anderson0406,
Welcome! I’m sure others on here will have some good advice for you.
Glad you’re here :slight_smile:

TTC 3 years. I am 30 years old with high FSH. We tried one unsuccessful IVF and many unsuccessful IUI treatments. My husband has severe male factor infertility so we are using frozen donor sperm. We are hoping to get a BFP with IUIs. Very nervous that I may never get pregnant…

Hi Shorti,
I know it can be discouraging, I haven’t had a successful birth myself. Glad you are here where you can get support and I find it so helpful learning from others’ experiences and what has worked for them. Hope you find it helpful too!

Hi. I just joined. I’m 32 and my hubby and I have been trying off and on since we were married (7 years ago). It’s been a long road of hard decisions. I wish I never listened to the people who said time, vacation, less stress, and not trying would get me pregnant. But we have finally found a dr that we like and have gotten some answers. My hubby suffers from klinefelter’s syndrome and does not produce sperm. With our dr’s advice, we chose a sperm donor. We then discovered that I had uterine fibroids. They have since been removed and we are now waiting the recommended three cycle healing period. My next period will be in three weeks and my dr wants to do a dye test. Then IUI. I am a wreck waiting to get there. I’m trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but I am really hoping this is going to work.

Welcome Christine9! It sounds like you and your Dr. have a good grasp on what to do next. Not knowing that is a huge part of the stress. I hope things work out for you soon!

Welcome Christine! Try to be positive. I know it’s hard. We have a donor baby and she is absolutely perfect. I’m excited for you, keep us updated!

Thank you guys for the welcome. I’m really excited to have a bigger support system!

[GALLERY=media, 116]You are not alone. by admin posted Nov 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM[/GALLERY]