Introduce Yourself!!

There doesn’t seem to be a general adoption post on this forum so I thought I would start one where we can all introduce ourselves and where we are in the adoption process.

My name is Christa and I live in Connecticut. My husband is in the military and we went through multiple fertility treatments before moving on to domestic adoption. We signed up with American Adoptions and waited a year with no match.

A few months before the one-year mark I got laid off and we were told that we needed to update our homestudy which was about $700. We decided at that point to put our adoption on hold and wait 4-5 years till my husband got out of the military. We notified AA, spent all our adoption savings paying off bills and car loans and started planning a trip to England with my mom.

On November 9th we got The Call from our local agency here in CT that did our homestudy. In CT our homestudy was good for 2 years, not one, and they kept showing our profile. A birthmom had picked us and was due in late December! We went home to crunch the numbers and figure out where we would be able to get the money for adoption and whether we were emotionally ready to open up that door when we had closed it months before. That weekend we said YES to the match. A few weeks later we met the birthmom and birth grandmother and on January 5th our beautiful baby girl was born.

We technically have an open adoption though we haven’t heard from the birthmom in a few months. Originally she wanted a semi-open adoption so I’m not sure if that’s what our relationship will evolve to. Either way we email her monthly and send pictures and a hard copy letter through the agency.

I look forward to hearing about everyone’s journey and hope that many of you who are still waiting for a match will find encouragement from our situation!

[SIZE=3][B] C[/B][B]vpis4me - :cheer: [/B]Congrats on your precious bundle of joy. I have not yet started an adoption process, and honestly…I have NO CLUE where to begin. My DH and I have gone through two IVF cycles, and they have all failed. We have 2 normal male embryo’s left and I’m starting to think having my own bio child is just not in the cards for us. I have had 12 miscarriages, and just believe I will NEVER be able to carry a child to term. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I keep going back and fourth about continuing to try embryo adoption, but if I can’t conceive and carry my own then I’m starting to believe that I won’t be able to carry and adopted embryo either. I don’t want to keep throwing money away, and my DH keeps leaning towards adoption, it’s just as expensive and more guaranteed. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I’m really trying to find out where to even start at this point. So please, If anyone has any idea of where to start please let me know. We live in Oregon and are looking for a newborn…ideally twins but one would be good for now. Thanks. [/SIZE]

Hi, I am Adrienne. DH and I had been TTC for almost 6 years. We were on an open-adoption, newborn for almost a year and then pulled our profile due to health issues. Now, 3 years later, we’re going to open again. This time, with a foster-adopt process. We were foster parents awhile back, and loved every minute of it ( even through the struggles). Now it’s time to find a permanent little one to join our family.

kemiracle, I would start by researching agencies and figuring out which one is right for you. There are SO many adoption agencies out there and it took us a very long time just to pick which agency we wanted to work with. You can go with a national agency, local agency, lawyer. There’s just so many options and it does take a while to narrow the list down.

Alto, Welcome and good luck on your journey! I was a foster parent almost 9 years ago and I remember that it was very difficult. There’s so many people involved in the process, especially if your child is seeing therapists or other professionals. Hats off to you for choosing the foster-to-adopt route!

After a very long journey of TTC, we adopted our little girl in February. As hard as everything was that we went through, it brought us to her and I’m forever thankful for that. Adoption is a wonderful thing, in my opinion:) Wishing the best of luck to everyone who is waiting.

Congratulations to all! Adoption is a beautiful thing and we had two amazing journeys. We have a 6 year old from china and a 2 year old from Taiwan.

Our situation is somewhat different. We are interested in a third but intl adoptions are very rocky. We have decided to do one round of ivf and if it works great, and if not, we will close the chapter of this book. We are extremely blessed with our two girls.

Asian countries have so many centers for child adoption, why don’t you have a look at this when booking a tourism sometimes? It’s interesting…not only to enjoy the tropical scenery, but also to look for some information! Good luck…:grouphug:

Hi ladies! Wow kudos to you ladies for doing foster care. My husband and I were actually going to start the process to foster to adopt this month. We had completed a failed ivf back in November and an iui with donor sperm this past june. we were about to do our 3rd and finally fertility treatment of another iui/ds in September and if that failed start the foster to adopt. Well August 1st my cousin wanted to let me know her co-worker was giving up her 6 wk old girl and suggested I call her. I called to see if we could meet her and we were able to see her the next day as the last family of 8 she was going to decide from. She let us know immediately the next morning she wanted us. And yet another day after we brought home our little girl. We are still going through the crazy adoption process. These past 3 wks have gone by like that. It has been a struggle though too because the birth mom doesn’t know who the dad is and one is underage and his mom will not sign a consent form, our baby is also native American and we have to see if the tribe wants here 1st, ugh I hope the process can end soon so we can relax and actually enjoy out time with you baby girl!

just wondered if any of you knew the difference in the number of follicles produced with Clomid and Letrozole. My RE has recommended the Letrozole, which I will start taking tommorrow on cycle day 3 before our first IUI, but I had read at another clinic I go to (I keep two just in case one is not so good!:D) that the more follicles the better the chance of a BFP with I

[QUOTE=“kanwalatifraza, post: 1789776, member: 85107”]just wondered if any of you knew the difference in the number of follicles produced with Clomid and Letrozole. My RE has recommended the Letrozole, which I will start taking tommorrow on cycle day 3 before our first IUI, but I had read at another clinic I go to (I keep two just in case one is not so good!:D) that the more follicles the better the chance of a BFP with I[/QUOTE]

You will probably get more of a response posting this in the “fertility treatment” forum. This one is adoption after fertility. I too am starting letrozole tomorrow. Yay we are cycle buddies! As far as the # of follies…hate to sound cliche… But it depends on the person. Some say with clomid you get more follies but less quality…so I’m not too sure. I would get 2-3 with clomid. Did one round of Femara and was unmonitored so I’m not sure there.

[QUOTE=“kanwalatifraza, post: 1789776, member: 85107”]just wondered if any of you knew the difference in the number of follicles produced with Clomid and Letrozole. My RE has recommended the Letrozole, which I will start taking tommorrow on cycle day 3 before our first IUI, but I had read at another clinic I go to (I keep two just in case one is not so good!:D) that the more follicles the better the chance of a BFP with I[/QUOTE]

You will probably get more of a response posting this in the “fertility treatment” forum. This one is adoption after fertility. I too am starting letrozole tomorrow. Yay we are cycle buddies! As far as the # of follies…hate to sound cliche… But it depends on the person. Some say with clomid you get more follies but less quality…so I’m not too sure. I would get 2-3 with clomid. Did one round of Femara and was unmonitored so I’m not sure there.