Irregular shaped egg/embryos

Does anyone happen to know anything about eggs/embryos that are an irregular shape?

I’ve just had my ER. 2 of my eggs fertilized but they told me they are in irregular shape.

Does that meen they are not going to be good quality? Does anyone know why or how they get irregular? Any success stories with irregular shaped eggs?

Thanks

I’m sorry, I have no knowledge about this – just wanted to send you warm wishes and good thoughts!

Ditto Aussie! Best of luck to you this cycle! It seems like you responded better this time though! Hope you get to transfer and they are good quality.

this is all i could find Pictures of In Vitro Fertilization 8 Cell Embryos

Hmmmm…that should make you feel better though, as it says the impact of the shape is unknown. I wonder if its from the suction when they removed the follicles?

Best of luck Aussie - I am sooo rooting for you!

Thanks so much guys!!!

I did read something today about it possibly being the suction. I will find out tomorrow how they are looking.

Thinking of you tonight Aussie!!!

On one of our cycles last year, the embryologist said that the eggs looked “pitted.” Not sure if that’s what you’re dealing with as well. The next cycle we took CoQ10, DHEA, and Royal Jelly and they looked good, so that may be worth considering in the future.

One of my 2 blasts we transferred was egg shaped…

They didn’t tell me that it meant anything one way or another…they didn’t even mention it actually, I was the one who brought it up.

In the end it really didn’t matter because its one of my 2 boys I’m carrying now!!

Here is what my blasts looked like:

Any news Aussie?

I :pray: for your little embies…

D

[QUOTE=Justagirl]One of my 2 blasts we transferred was egg shaped…

They didn’t tell me that it meant anything one way or another…they didn’t even mention it actually, I was the one who brought it up.

In the end it really didn’t matter because its one of my 2 boys I’m carrying now!!

Here is what my blasts looked like:

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h321/rockinsiren/2012-08-27_11-14-09_711.jpg[/QUOTE]

Oh Wow! Thank you so much for showing me that. It gives me so much hope.

I got the day 3 call and they are both 7 cells with a very small amount of fragmentation. It was a different woman and I asked her about the irregular shape and she said that only 1 of them was a little irregular and they weren’t sure what, if any affect it would have.

My best quality blast (4BB) from my last cycle was oval shaped. Pretty sure that’s the one that is now my precious little boy.

[QUOTE=AussieInAtlanta]Oh Wow! Thank you so much for showing me that. It gives me so much hope.

I got the day 3 call and they are both 7 cells with a very small amount of fragmentation. It was a different woman and I asked her about the irregular shape and she said that only 1 of them was a little irregular and they weren’t sure what, if any affect it would have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! This is the best they have been on day3 for a while! That’s awesome! I’m not stalking you, we were both on sept board, I was just not as active on sept as the sept-oct board. I so hope this is your take home baby cycle! We both deserve this one to be the cycle!

[QUOTE=familyhopes37]My best quality blast (4BB) from my last cycle was oval shaped. Pretty sure that’s the one that is now my precious little boy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know about another success story :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jennjack11]Yeah! This is the best they have been on day3 for a while! That’s awesome! I’m not stalking you, we were both on sept board, I was just not as active on sept as the sept-oct board. I so hope this is your take home baby cycle! We both deserve this one to be the cycle![/QUOTE]

Thanks Jenn! Well I had a perfect 8 cell last cycle and we did a 3 day transfer but I only had the one. So at least I have 2 this time. I really hope they can make it to blastocyst.

Good luck with you next cycle. I hope it goes well for you… Oh and I do remember you from September as well.

[QUOTE=AussieInAtlanta]
I got the day 3 call and they are both 7 cells with a very small amount of fragmentation. It was a different woman and I asked her about the irregular shape and she said that only 1 of them was a little irregular and they weren’t sure what, if any affect it would have.[/QUOTE]

:clap: :clap: :clap: YAY for embies! So happy for you!

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

D