Is a chemical pregnancy common with IUI and Follistim

HI: I have PCOS and am currently doing IUI with follistim and ovidrel. I now have had 2 chemical pregnancies with very EARLY, heavy bleeding after 1 faint positive test. Is this normal for PCOS or follistim? Any advice? I am going to try acupuncure this time.

Thank you all!

[quote=Keltank]HI: I have PCOS and am currently doing IUI with follistim and ovidrel. I now have had 2 chemical pregnancies with very EARLY, heavy bleeding after 1 faint positive test. Is this normal for PCOS or follistim? Any advice? I am going to try acupuncure this time.

Thank you all![/quote]

A chemical pregnancy can happen in any cycle. But if you do get too many i would get tested to find out why that keeps happening.

As stated they are common in any cycle using meds or not. Its just us girls using meds usually test earlier so we learn about chemical pregnancies more. I’ve had alot of them, but all my pregnancy loss blood work came back normal. So ours were just flukes.

I don’t have PCOS nor did I have my chemical while using Follistim, but I did have a chemical and then a miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat about six months later. I also had all of the bloodwork done after my 2nd loss to see if there was something causing them and we didn’t find anything, other than slightly low Vitamin D levels. It really can happen with any pregnancy, regardless of using fertility treatments or having any fertility issues…sometimes there are chromosomal abnormalities and the baby just can’t grow any farther. After two losses, I was sure there was something wrong, but it seems that’s not always the case, but it’s worth getting some of the RPL bloodwork done just to ease your mind or to find an answer. Good luck and I’m sorry for all you’ve been through.