Is delayed egg retrieval a bad thing?

Hi,

I’m doing a mini ivf cycle and my retrieval was supposed to be this Friday, but the doc said the four follicles are small and the lining is thin. She said I might have to take more medication to help the follicles grow. i’m nervous about this getting cancelled. Has this happened to anyone?

[quote=bbe]Hi,

I’m doing a mini ivf cycle and my retrieval was supposed to be this Friday, but the doc said the four follicles are small and the lining is thin. She said I might have to take more medication to help the follicles grow. i’m nervous about this getting cancelled. Has this happened to anyone?[/quote]

ER is always a moving target depending on how you respond to meds. On my calendar, they gave me a range of days for ER and ET, since it really depends on how you respond. (And then for ET, how many embryos, how they divide whether you end up with a 3day or 5 day transfer, etc) Good luck!

It best to stick to a range of ER/ET dates because you dont know how you will respond. Giving it more days doesnt mean its not a good thing, you may just need stronger meds and more time, good luck!

Thanks. I hope things work out. Good luck to both of you!