Is Dostinex Safe When You're Already Pregnant?

Hi All-

I need help!! I got my BFP a couple of days ago and also some terrible OHSS! My doctor prescribed me dostinex and told me that it was completely safe and he thought it would be good to help me with my bloating. He said that all the studies said it is safe during pregnancy. I know I should trust him because he has been great to me so far, but I have my reservations after doing some research on the internet and seeing some people ended in miscarriages or that it’s not safe.

Is there anyone out there that took it and had a full term pregnancy? Or not?

:confused:

[quote=MParent08]Hi All-

I need help!! I got my BFP a couple of days ago and also some terrible OHSS! My doctor prescribed me dostinex and told me that it was completely safe and he thought it would be good to help me with my bloating. He said that all the studies said it is safe during pregnancy. I know I should trust him because he has been great to me so far, but I have my reservations after doing some research on the internet and seeing some people ended in miscarriages or that it’s not safe.

Is there anyone out there that took it and had a full term pregnancy? Or not?

:confused:[/quote]

I did!! I was also perescribed dostinex due to OHSS with my twin pregnancy. I can’t remember how long I took it for, but it really did help and I went on to have health twin boys at 37 weeks!! Good luck to you!!

Thank you for the response! Were you nervous about taking it??

I was nervous about everything! My previous pregnancy had been from a FET, so I did not have much experience with fresh cycles and the complications like OHSS. I did end up in the ER later that week with hyperemesis(from the twins, two placentas, etc) and the ER doc asked me what meds I was taking and I told him progesterone and dostinex, and he seemed relieved that the RE had started me on it so it did not complicate my preganancy and morning sickness further. Congrats again on the BFP, let me know if you have any other questions!