Is HCG level of 185 in 3rd week (fetal) bad?


#1

Any advice would be appreciated. The nurse told me to have very little hope but to keep taking progesterone and have bloodwork again on March 4. I am going crazy with worry.

IVF transfer of 2 frozen embryos on 2/9/13
HCG on 2/17/13 - 33
HCG on 2/19/13 - 46
HCG on 2/25/13 - 186


#2

I think it’s good your staying on the meds. It will help you know that you did everything possible.:grouphug:


#3

You have a doubling time of 76 hours… in a singleton this would be very troubling… because you had 2 frozen embryos put back in it could still be that one of the embryos started to take but did not make it.
there is still slight hope and anything is possible with IVF.
Try to calm down I know its hard… we have all been there.


#4

Update on HCG - now at 547

IVF transfer of 2 frozen embryos on 2/9/13
HCG on 2/17/13 - 33
HCG on 2/19/13 - 46
HCG on 2/25/13 - 186
HCG on 2/28/13 - 547

Doctor said 547 really doesn’t tell us anything yet because of the fluctuations. I remain hopeful.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!


#5

[quote=Josephina72]Any advice would be appreciated. The nurse told me to have very little hope but to keep taking progesterone and have bloodwork again on March 4. I am going crazy with worry.

IVF transfer of 2 frozen embryos on 2/9/13
HCG on 2/17/13 - 33
HCG on 2/19/13 - 46
HCG on 2/25/13 - 186[/quote]

Miracles do happen:cross::cross::cross::cross::cross::cross:


#6

advice needed

IVF transfer of 2 frozen embryos on 2/9/13
HCG on 2/17/13 - 33
HCG on 2/19/13 - 46
HCG on 2/25/13 - 186
HCG on 2/28/13 - 547
HCG on 3/6/13 - 2516
Ultrasound on 3/6/13 showed sac in uterus, but not a yolk sac yet.

Any advice from results on 3/6/13? Doc said to stay on medicine and we will test in a week. They said they would like to see in the 4000’s at 3/6/13. To me this shows that they want a doubling every 2 days, but it looks like I am doubling every 3 days. From what I am seeing online, every 3 days is okay.

Thanks for your advice!


#7

I thought you were really out of the woods with the last betas…

Your HCG needs to be over 10,000 to see anything more than a sac. Your betas have been rising around the 65% rate…so every 2.7 days…but if the sac is empty after 3 weeks of growing it would appear this pregnancy is not viable.

It would seem to be a waiting game unfortunately.

So so sorry.

Edited to say… Your current beta should put you over 10,000 in a week so there may still be some hope.


#8

Josephina72

Josephina72,

What are your results. are hcg levels at 2wwp were 33, 2 days later 23, now 3 weeks after ivf were at 212. going back for more blood work 3 days later which is close to 4 weeks after ivf.

hopefully it works for you …

thanks