Is it normal for the twinges/tugging feeling to be painful or could it be ectopic?

I am 7dp5dt and have been having + HPT since 5dp5dt. Starting at 3 or 4dpt once or twice a day, I have had that tugging feeling (or twinges) in my lower right abdomen, almost near the crease between my abdomen and leg. At first, I could barely feel it and almost didn’t even register it happening before it was gone. This morning, it has happened probably 3 or 4 times, 2 of which were very painful. It’s nothing I can’t handle and I’m not complaining about it as it only lasts a few seconds, I just want to make sure it’s normal for it to be quite so painful or if I should be worried about an ectopic? Does an ectopic usually cause pain this early and would it come and go, or be constant?

Thanks so much, really hoping my BFP is a good, healthy one.

It’s normal

I’m 17dp & have been experiencing the same thing. Don’t know if its normal, but I hope so! I was not prepared to continue to worry so much after finally getting a positive!

normal and doesn’t mean it’s ectopic. I had twinges and cramps after my BFP, the day before my beta was scheduled. I was cramping every few minutes. Nothing major, but just some dull AF-like cramps, my beta was 331. I had healthy twins 9m later.

Sounds like everything is going just great, just think of those emby(ies) just snuggling deeper and deeper in the lining

I’ve had plenty of twinges and odd crampy type feelings for both a BFP and BFN cycles - but there were a bit more with my BFP. Its normal, so try to not stress it ok?
Congrats on your positive POAS!! I’ve been following your journey and was devastated for you the last time - but I’m thinking this time is it!! :cheer:

Thank you all. I knew twinges were normal, I just didn’t know it was normal for them to be so painful. I was laying in bed when I had them and I think if I was up and moving around, they would have stopped me in my tracks. I did call my nurse and she said it was too early for an ectopic to cause pain anyway, so I think I’m in the clear so far.

Katie99, thank you! I had been following you too back in August and was rooting for you too, I didn’t realize you had another cycle in October. I’m so sorry for your BFNs. Are you going to try again?

Totally normal! And yes, the embryo is too small to cause pain at this point if it was ectopic.

Thanks Chelsea!

I’m thinking I’ll be sending you a big ole congrats tomorrow! I’m so happy for you :clap:

Funny that you ask if I was going to try just one more time. I just had a phone consult with a clinic that went wonderfully. Of course they are on the other side of the country… But if it means a sibling for my big guy - then point me to the airport, lol.
My Oct cycle was the rest of the same batch that failed in Aug, and just 1 survived the thaw. I guess they werent meant to be.

[quote=katie99]I’m thinking I’ll be sending you a big ole congrats tomorrow! I’m so happy for you :clap:

Funny that you ask if I was going to try just one more time. I just had a phone consult with a clinic that went wonderfully. Of course they are on the other side of the country… But if it means a sibling for my big guy - then point me to the airport, lol.
My Oct cycle was the rest of the same batch that failed in Aug, and just 1 survived the thaw. I guess they werent meant to be.[/quote]

Thank you, I hope so! I just sent you a PM.