Is it normal for twinges/tugging feeling to be quite painful or could it be ectopic?

I am 7dp5dt after a FET and have been having + HPT since 5dp5dt. Starting at 3 or 4dpt once or twice a day, I have had that tugging feeling (or twinges) in my lower right abdomen, almost near the crease between my abdomen and leg. At first, I could barely feel it and almost didn’t even register it happening before it was gone. This morning, it has happened probably 3 or 4 times, 2 of which were very painful. It’s nothing I can’t handle and I’m not complaining about it as it only lasts a few seconds, I just want to make sure it’s normal for it to be quite so painful or if I should be worried about an ectopic? Does an ectopic usually cause pain this early and would it come and go, or be constant?

Thanks so much, really hoping my BFP is a good, healthy one.

In my experience, ectopic pain is more in your back/kidney area than lower groin. Also, it is very early to be feeling an ectopic. My guess is you are feeling round ligament pains due to your uterus stretching to accomodate the embryo.

If you are concerned you should call your dr to be safe.

I remember wondering the same thing when I was in the TWW, and everything was fine. If it’s severe pain, that’s another story.

Best wishes! :babydust:

Definitely not symptomatic of ectopic this early. I’ve had one and the pain didn’t start until past 6 weeks.

Thank you all!

Definitely sounds like round ligament pain or the muscles around your uterus stretching to make room for baby. I also was scared of ectopic because of this pain being mostly on the right side. Turned out to be fine and I still get it every single day. Good luck on your beta! :cross:

Thank you Leigh, congratulations on your :preg::preg:!!

I am going through the same thing. I am 3 weeks, 6 days, and I am occasionally feeling some mild pain in my right side. I told my husband last night that I was worried about it being ectopic. Thanks for the reality check, guys!

My ectopic pain didn’t start until about 6 weeks, and it was in the area of my right ovary. It was more of a dull ache, though, and it lasted longer than a few minutes at a time.

When I had ligament stretching, it did feel completely different- like you said, more of a quick cramp and gone.