Is my FSH high? (picture of test)

Six years ago I had an unsuccessful IUI soon after followed by a successful IVF. The reason was the fact I was single and I used donor sperm. I was 30 back then. Before my IVF they took a blood test for hormones and the only thing that was a bit out of normal range was FSH – 15.4 (normal rage was supposed to be maximum 10.2 on that lab) My doctor didn’t say anything about that and did the IVF. 5 eggs were received and 3 of them fertilized, other two died. We transferred two and the remaining one didn’t develop more and died too. The result was a normal singleton pregnancy out of which I now have a healthy 5 year old son.

Now, 6 years later, at the age of 36, I have found a partner and we’re trying to concive naturally. Doctors have detected on sono that I do have normal ovulation every month and I do have follicules on both sides. My periods are regular (30 days), I have done OPK tests at home and I see on them too that I do ovulate. Both of us are normal weight, don’t smoke, live healthy. It’s been almost a year of trying and I started to think and google about that FSH that was once high. I’ve found horrific stories how that high FSH doesn’t even end up with a pregnancy even with IVF. But before my IVF the doctor didn’t even mention it. But on the other hand I did have only 5 eggs which is not a lot.

So I started to worry that this FSH might be a problem now. I’ve read that if it’s high, usuallt LH is also high. So I found online these home FSH tests that I took among with LH tests (well, the regular OPK tests).

If anyone has experience with these FSH tests then could you please comment:
my tests are both done on day 3 of my cycle. LH test is supposed to be with sensitivity of 20 miu/ml and FSH 25 miu/ml. Is the thing you see in my picture a normal sight? Is this how faint / dark the lines are supposed to be on day 3 normally or does that indicate both of the hormones are too high? In my opinion the test lines are faint, less then half of the color of control lines. So in my opinion the Lh should be less than 10 and FSH less then 12.5 then. Is this the right and logical way to think?

PICTURE:http://tinypic.com/r/n1fdq9/9

I know that I should rather do the blood test and in the future probably will but these home ones do show something too, right?

(sorry for my English as it is not my native language)

I do not have much information concerning FSH. But my story is relating to yours. I conceived my first born naturally. Then after some tears I wanted a second child. But this time it was not easy as I expected. 2 years TTC. I moved from one clinic to another with no help. One failed OVF and another failed IUI. It was so dehumanizing. I kept wondering where the problem was coming from. Then Bio tex clinic in Kiev found out where my problem was lying in. My eggs were the issues. So I was given some solutions to pick up from. I decided to go with IVF. The first trial was already a success. I think you should just find a good clinic. Where they can tell you what really us the problem. From there you can focus on finding the solution. I know that FSH does have effects with fertility. But I have never been sure if its adverse effects. I do not know if anyone going through that. Perhaps you will inform us more about it. I hope you find the solution to your problem dear.

I do not have much information concerning FSH. But my story is relating to yours. I conceived my first born naturally. Then after some tears I wanted a second child. But this time it was not easy as I expected. 2 years TTC. I moved from one clinic to another with no help. One failed OVF and another failed IUI. It was so dehumanizing. I kept wondering where the problem was coming from. Then Bio tex clinic in Kiev found out where my problem was lying in. In fact the clinic has general good performance that they are even running out of the economy package for 2018. My eggs were the issues. So I was given some solutions to pick up from. I decided to go with IVF. The first trial was already a success. I think you should just find a good clinic. Where they can tell you what really us the problem. From there you can focus on finding the solution. I know that FSH does have effects with fertility. But I have never been sure if its adverse effects. I do not know if anyone going through that. Perhaps you will inform us more about it. I hope you find the solution to your problem dear.

I do not have much information concerning FSH. But my story is relating to yours. I conceived my first born naturally. Then after some tears I wanted a second child. But this time it was not easy as I expected. 2 years TTC. I moved from one clinic to another with no help. One failed OVF and another failed IUI. It was so dehumanizing. I kept wondering where the problem was coming from. Then Bio tex clinic in Kiev found out where my problem was lying in. In fact the clinic has general good performance that they are even running out of the economy package for 2018. My eggs were the issues. So I was given some solutions to pick up from. I decided to go with IVF. The first trial was already a success. I think you should just find a good clinic. Where they can tell you what really us the problem. From there you can focus on finding the solution. I know that FSH does have effects with fertility. But I have never been sure if its adverse effects. I do not know if anyone going through that. Perhaps you will inform us more about it. I hope you find the solution to your problem dear.

The most commonly prescribed injections that stimulate the ovary are called gonadotropins. The gonadotropins in these formulations are FSH, and in some cases, a combination of FSH and LH (luteinizing hormone). These injections are taken nightly, typically for 5 – 10 days, and act directly on the cells of the ovary to stimulate egg development. Once a follicle containing an egg reaches a mature size, another hormone injection called HCG is often given to mimic the natural LH surge that occurs at the time of ovulation. This leads to the final maturation and release of the egg. Once the follicles (fluid filled sacs containing the eggs) reach a mature size, an HCG injection is administered which leads to final development and maturation of the eggs. Just before those eggs would otherwise be ovulated, they are retrieved under mild anesthesia in an operating room. That is if you want to go for IVF.

As for using OPKs. I also temped to really get to know my cycles. This is where you take your temperature every morning at the same time. Ss soon as you wake up and before you get out of bed. To do this you have to use a BBT thermometer. Then you add your temperatures into an any app you choose. There are loads out there to choose from. A popular one which also has a free option is Fertility Friend. I’m also sure there are others as well. When you take your temperature every day and plot it, you can see exactly which day you ovulated. The app will tell you so it takes out all guess work. How this works is that from your period until ovulation, you will typically have lower temperatures. As soon as you ovulate, your body releases progesterone. It increases your basal body temperature. It’s the only way to confirm that you’re ovulating. OPKs are great for giving you a heads up that you’re about to ovulate but they don’t confirm that you have!! And when you see a temperature increase on your chart its usually too late to conceive… So basically, OPKs and BBT temping work together really well and will save you a lot of time trying to figure out if you’re ovulating and when exactly it happened.
As for what’s going on with you now, you’d better consult a dr or have a blood test. Wish you good luck!