Is pelvic discomfort a sign of maturing follicles?

I am on my 1st round of clomid as part of the CCCT (100mg) CD5-CD9. Today was the 3rd day on clomid and I have started experiencing deeply disconforting soreness in the pelvic area. The soreness is below the belly button and more towards the right and left regions. If I take a deep breath in and bloat my tummy, it feels like the entire abdomen is sore. I also woke up in the middle of last night to empty my bladder - this is something I have never experienced on a normal day. And I am having too much gas too.

These seem to be the side-effects of clomid. Has anyone experienced these effects so early in their cycle? Is the discomfort indicating that my ovaries are doing something and more interestingly, follicles are maturing? Has anyone had such symptoms but not ovulated in a clomid cycle?

[quote=myprayers]I am on my 1st round of clomid as part of the CCCT (100mg) CD5-CD9. Today was the 3rd day on clomid and I have started experiencing deeply disconforting soreness in the pelvic area. The soreness is below the belly button and more towards the right and left regions. If I take a deep breath in and bloat my tummy, it feels like the entire abdomen is sore. I also woke up in the middle of last night to empty my bladder - this is something I have never experienced on a normal day. And I am having too much gas too.

These seem to be the side-effects of clomid. Has anyone experienced these effects so early in their cycle? Is the discomfort indicating that my ovaries are doing something and more interestingly, follicles are maturing? Has anyone had such symptoms but not ovulated in a clomid cycle?[/quote]
Unfortunately, abdominal/pelvic pain in itself is not an indicator that the clomid is in fact working. I took clomid for several cycles with varying doses. I experienced aweful pain during all of my clomid cycles, but did not produce one single mature follie. I never had a cyst that was not PCOD related so I really have no clue why I had all that pain while on the clomid. However, my case seems to be a rarer one as many do well on the clomid.

There are many ladies on here that also experienced abdominal/pelvic pain and did get mature follies so I just do not think the pain itself is a reliable enough symptom to say that the clomid is or is not doing the job.

If the pain gets really severe definitely see you Doctor as it could be a cyst or an ovary getting heavy and twisting which is counter productive and dangerous.

I am sure it is nothing to worry about otherwise. :cross: you get some nice plump follies out of the deal. :babydust::babydust:

I don’t know what your dx is, so it might depend, but I had the same pain/tenderness. However, I ovulated on my own prior to taking Clomid. Last cycle was my first cycle on Clomid and I also did the CCCT at 100mg on days 5-9. I also started feeling discomfort and soreness definitely in my ovaries on the 3rd day of taking meds. I ended up with 3 follicles (2 25mm follicles and 1 22mm follicle). This cycle I took Clomid on days 3-7 and didn’t start having discomfort until closer to ovulation. But I had much more discomfort closer to ovulation, since this time I had 4 follicles. The nurse told me the discomfort comes from especially large follicles. This month I had one that was 28mm on CD12. I guess you can’t rely on the soreness as a definite indicator that it’s working and that you will ovulate, but I had that experience. I think it’s a good sign, unless you’re having severe pains.

ahhny and jp362, I will keep what both of you have said in mind as i go through the cycle. It is not easy to shut the probing mind off. It is always looking for symptoms and answers!