Is surgery worth the risk?

My HSG in September showed my left fallopian tube is open and clear, but my right one is completely blocked and wrapped around my ovary. The doctor said it looked like adhesions and might need corrective surgery. Since then, I have been on clomid and seem to only ovulate on the right side :grr:. Has anyone had success with getting pregnant with one blocked tube? Does the corrective surgery work? I have read that surgery can cause more adhesions to form, so I don’t want to waste money and stress if it isn’t going to permanently fix the problem.

[SIZE=4]Yes you are right concerning the formation of post-operative adhesions.
Discuss with your doctor having an IVF.

IVF is more effective and less invasive.
[/SIZE]

I disagree with the Doc selling his services. I cant believe you would use our blog and our attempts to reach out for support to advertise.

For the woman seeking answers, I’ve had a tubal reversal and it was 1/2 the cost of IVF and it was guaranteed by my reproductive endocrinologist. He said if the tubes closed again he would do the surgery for free but I would have to pay the anesthesiologists fee’s. Thats because he does the surgery right! His tubes dont close or scar or break apart again! He also gave me free fertility follow up care. I called, emailed and he ordered tests to help me get pregnant.

I got my BFP the first time we TTC and then MC at 6 weeks and got pregnant again within months. We are now 7 months along, expecting our tubal reversal miracle. His name is Jesse it means gift from God.

My advice is to contact Dr. Levin in KY. He is the only one I would trust with such an important venture.

Do your research on methods because there are some quacks out there that will damage your tubes and take your money. I suspect the ones that advertise on these boards could be included in that group.

If you already have one tube, you should be able to conceive as long as your hormones and uterine conditions are good. I would start with checking to see if your ovulating and which ovary is sending out eggs, check your hormone levels and your uterine PH levels to make sure your not too acidic for the sperm to survive. I would then ask for clomid to help me ovulate more in hopes that my good side was kicking out eggs. Sometimes the ovaries alternate and it might take longer to get your BFP. I would use fertility friend to chart my cycles and time intercourse.

Call Dr. Levin’s office and just talk with them. He offers a free consult, look at your operative reports and tell you how you will best get your little miracle. He also offers a comprehensive fertility treatment package if you have other issues besides your tubes. So overall I think he is the best way to go. He doesnt charge you more for repeat IVF’s it’s all included for two years.

I compared his prices and it was worth it for me to fly out to KY from Oregon. I still saved money and had guaranteed results.

The oregon DR.'s wanted 12,000 and Levin only charged 6,200 that included surgery, hotel, anesthesia, follow up fertility treatments, and care through my first trimester including weekly HSG and progesterone tests to make sure it wasnt ectopic, or that I wasnt miscarrying. Infact he caught my hormone levels dropping at 7 weeks and prescribed progesterone which saved my pregnancy! We have a healthy pregnancy we owe it to DR LEVIN!!!

[quote=christinacarmichael]I disagree with the Doc selling his services. I cant believe you would use our blog and our attempts to reach out for support to advertise.

For the woman seeking answers, I’ve had a tubal reversal and it was 1/2 the cost of IVF and it was guaranteed by my reproductive endocrinologist. He said if the tubes closed again he would do the surgery for free but I would have to pay the anesthesiologists fee’s. Thats because he does the surgery right! His tubes dont close or scar or break apart again! He also gave me free fertility follow up care. I called, emailed and he ordered tests to help me get pregnant.

I got my BFP the first time we TTC and then MC at 6 weeks and got pregnant again within months. We are now 7 months along, expecting our tubal reversal miracle. His name is Jesse it means gift from God.

My advice is to contact Dr. Levin in KY. He is the only one I would trust with such an important venture.

Do your research on methods because there are some quacks out there that will damage your tubes and take your money. I suspect the ones that advertise on these boards could be included in that group.

If you already have one tube, you should be able to conceive as long as your hormones and uterine conditions are good. I would start with checking to see if your ovulating and which ovary is sending out eggs, check your hormone levels and your uterine PH levels to make sure your not too acidic for the sperm to survive. I would then ask for clomid to help me ovulate more in hopes that my good side was kicking out eggs. Sometimes the ovaries alternate and it might take longer to get your BFP. I would use fertility friend to chart my cycles and time intercourse.

Call Dr. Levin’s office and just talk with them. He offers a free consult, look at your operative reports and tell you how you will best get your little miracle. He also offers a comprehensive fertility treatment package if you have other issues besides your tubes. So overall I think he is the best way to go. He doesnt charge you more for repeat IVF’s it’s all included for two years.

I compared his prices and it was worth it for me to fly out to KY from Oregon. I still saved money and had guaranteed results.

The oregon DR.'s wanted 12,000 and Levin only charged 6,200 that included surgery, hotel, anesthesia, follow up fertility treatments, and care through my first trimester including weekly HSG and progesterone tests to make sure it wasnt ectopic, or that I wasnt miscarrying. Infact he caught my hormone levels dropping at 7 weeks and prescribed progesterone which saved my pregnancy! We have a healthy pregnancy we owe it to DR LEVIN!!![/quote]

[SIZE=4]First of all, i am not selling my services. My blog is a completely educational one and it aims for increasing awareness in various diseases.
All what i said is to discuss the condition with her doctor and if necessary seek a second opinion.
[/SIZE]

I thought I saw a link in your signature for your IVF services. Either I made a pregnant mind mistake or the signature is no longer there. Either way glad to know physicians havent taken to cruising support blogs for patients. I’m sure you can agree that woman are vulnerable here and looking for support.

Back to the post; I dont think I would keep trying with the same DR. I would ask for a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist.

[quote=christinacarmichael]I thought I saw a link in your signature for your IVF services. Either I made a pregnant mind mistake or the signature is no longer there. Either way glad to know physicians havent taken to cruising support blogs for patients. I’m sure you can agree that woman are vulnerable here and looking for support.

Back to the post; I dont think I would keep trying with the same DR. I would ask for a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist.[/quote]
[SIZE=4]Hello Christina,
if there was an IVF link, then it can be from the forum ads. I totally understand that we are all here to help each other to reach a better decision and a better quality of life.
Do not worry about the above misunderstanding. It is a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:
[/SIZE]