Is surrogacy better than adoption?

Both the process, surrogacy and adoption are very sensitive issue for childless couples who want to have their own child. Share your views.

it’s only a decision of a couple. A few friends of mine underwent IVF, also with PGS NGS and DE. However myself I know a few couples who adopted, and are absolutely happy.

Surrogacy helps to keep genetic relation to a couple. But this option seems to be more financially draining than adoption process. Though I may be mistaken. (It depends on what clinic/country surrogacy program is performed). Friends of mine applied for surrogacy in Ukraine 2 years ago. Now they are happy parents of a beautiful girl. Furthermore, they had to use donor eggs for the procedure as my friend’s ones were not likely to work. That’s why their baby is genetically related to the husband only. As far as I remember, they’ve never considered adoption instead. Here I agree this is only a couple’s decision.
(Me- 43 yo now, dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tubes. 2 failed ivfs with own eggs. 1 failed ivf with donor eggs. The next and last successful de ivf cycle. Are parents now)

It was a true nightmare for my family. day by day I was answering those endless silly questions! Woof! I’m even now getting angry when recall it. My husband and I were adult and clever guys, no doubts. But when we started doing something to fight my infertility and faced only one option the people all over, all the relatives and witnesses came to my house and began telling how it’d be awesome to adopt. I didn’t share my anger it just could kill someone.
I’m from Norway and it’s not a big deal to give up on your wanting to adopt a child. There are too many rules and requires you should comply with before the process begins.
But the main thing was that I had already decided where and how I would be having my fertility journey.
I’m telling about damn lack of support

One of the biggest things prospective parents should consider when seeking a child through adoption or surrogacy is that it’s usually a very, very long process from start to finish. It could be 18 months before you have a child. But often it’s much longer. Sometimes two years or more. Before you’ll be able to bring your child home with you. It is best to prepare yourself for a long waiting period. As well as for the costs that each option entails. Make an honest evaluation of your family’s needs. Once you determine that adoption or surrogacy is indeed the right course of action for everyone involved. Prepare for the life-changing journey to come. The process can be lengthy and challenging, but worth the wait. When I chose surrogacy in Bio tex clinic it was the best option I have ever made. But in your part you can carefully consider both option. Weigh them and see which favors your ideology more. All the best.

Hey! I’ve talked with them for more details as for surrogacy in Ukraine. Here’s what I’ve got to know.
They looked into the process in the US first. There it was extremelly expensive - $60 – 150k!! For them it was a factor (actually as for everybody else!) Of course things change a lot if you have a family member or friend that is willing to carry it for you. But the process might not be smooth at all. For ex., a surrogate backs out or unfortunate situation like a miscarriage. In this case you automatically have to pay at least $5k to match with another surrogate and do their health workup through the agency! Evidently, there are so many costs that could be added at any time. A surrogate receives on average of $20 – 30k for the pregnancy. The bigger sum of money goes to the agency or lawyer. Also in some states, surrogate mothers retain a parental right to the child, and can even pursue custody. (Even though the embryos placed in the surrogate have both of our DNA!) The surrogate mother’s name is on the birth certificate. Then a couple has to go through the process of adopting the baby in court. The biggest factor, though, is time. All of the legal paperwork, signing a contract, matching a surrogate, having the surrogate go through the work-up etc. It’s been a year or two since you started the process. Discouraged, they started to look into surrogacy overseas. There were so many options! But some were very sketchy. They read some horror stories about Thailand and India. Both the countries, as a result, have shut down their surrogacy practices not too long ago.

Then how it actually came in favour of Ukraine. The huge factor for them as I’ve mentioned above was process cost. In Ukraine it turned out to be relatively affordable. Clinic’s all-inclusive plans for 32k - 50k euro. They covered absolutely everything outside of your plane tickets. Meds, accommodation, transportation, food. All things that involve IVF, surrogate screening and birth at the hospital. And it was also the same price if donor eggs are chosen to use instead. It was a nice back-up plan to have if things didn’t work out with OE at no additional cost! This blew them away! The best part about it is that they guaranteed them a baby (If the first surrogate doesn’t work out, they will try again with another until they are successful!)
Also Ukraine is one of the few places where the laws favor the intended parents rather than the surrogate. Under Ukrainian law, the baby is yours from the moment of conception. Once the baby is born, they put down your names in the birth certificate. Surrogate can’t claim any rights!!
Everyone that they had spoken to had been successful with the first try, if not the second. It was very appealing to them.
I guess I could get to know more if you’ve got interested, xeniamo. Too many aspects with the surrogacy process is there to be considered! Feel free to ask, will be glad to help you. Wishing you the best!!

yes. In my opionion, surrrogacy is better than adoption. The child you have will have the same genes as you. It willl be the sign of love of you and your husband. Th child will be your own. Whereas in adoption , the child will not be yours. It is your own choice. You have to decide which opion is better for you. Children are blessings of God. It doesnt matter i it is a surrogate child or adopted child. Hope you find your answer soon.

Hey. You are right it is a really sensitive issue. So I think one should make an accurate decision. I think surrogacy is best. This is because some people are not ready to take someone else baby. In adoption, there is alot of legal documentation required. In surrogacy, people can have a genetic baby. I have a baby through surrogacy. I am so sure that one should go for it. I am so happy that I made this decision. I have faced a lot of a hard time. I am so happy to have a family like this. I went to a clinic in Europe to have a baby. They provided me with a healthy surrogate. I am so happy that I chose it. I hope this would help others too.

Surrogacy is far better than Adoption. It is even much better than other unnatural methods. By this method You will have your own Biological baby. Surrogacy is indeed a blessing for Infertile people like us. i had Cervix Incompetence which Left me Infertile. I was so devastated and upset When I first heard about it. I immediately decided to go For Surrogacy. I went to Europe for the Suggested Clinic. I have a baby girl now. I am so blessed to have her. i hope it would help others too.

Hi. Nothing is better than the other. Both have its pros and cons. By adopting, one gives a homeless child a home and some people don’t care about genes. Surrogacy lets one have their genes in their baby. So it really depends on what suits people and what they want. Both are good in their own way.

You are correct it is an extremely touchy issue. So I figure one should settle on an exact choice. I think surrogacy is ideal. This is on account of a few people are not prepared to take another person child. In reception, there is alot of lawful documentation required. In surrogacy, individuals can have a biological infant. I have a child through surrogacy. I have faced infertility for 10 years. The reason was unknown. I am sure to the point that one ought to pull out all the stops. I am happy to the point that I settled on this choice. I have confronted a considerable measure of a hard time. I am so cheerful to have a family like this. I went to a facility in Europe to have a child. I am happy to the point that I picked it.

I am happy that people are aware of it

I am going for surrogacy as i have agreed my husband for it.
Now at the age of 43 i am married again to someone else and we want a baby of our own.
I know at this age it is quite difficult to have a baby off my own womb.
Thinking of previous complications regarding pregnancy i would not try to be pregnant again.
From my last marriage i had many complications regarding pregnancy.
I don’t have any other options left so far so surrogacy is the only solution to my problems i guess.
My husband agreed for surrogacy so i started looking for clinics with good surrogacy records.
I founded many clinics regarding surrogacy and i picked up the few clinics too for further discussion with them.
I contacted many clinics and told them every aspect of our complications.
From their satisfied answers i guess some clinics are the best solution for having a baby.
So i suggest that you people should also do your own research regarding surrogacy and should contact different clinics for further details.
Every time miscarriage happened to me.
But i’m worried about many other aspects like my behavior towards the baby after knowing everything.
Like when the baby grows up what i should tell him/her.
So i persuaded my husband to go for surrogacy to have our own children.
Someone raising a child via surrogacy should share their experience.

Yes for me it was.
Surrogacy gives the infertile people a chance to have some kids.Surrogacy is very good according to me.Surrogacy should not be banned.It is the source of happiness for many people.Surrogate moms give kids to others who are unable to have kids naturally.
For me surrogacy is the best thing in the world.i was infertile and i got my twin daughters from surrogacy.
Good luck to everyone.

Well, I think adoption is the option for the people of the past. Now, As surrogacy is present now so I don’t think so there is a need for adoption. Surrogacy is better than adoption in many ways. As in surrogacy child is biologically your. No one has legally right on your children. While in adopted children is not your biologically. Moreover, legal terms for adoption is so strict. There will be a behaviour difference in adopted children and children born through surrogacy. Nowadays there should be no hesitation for it. As it is an easy way to have the baby. The world needs to change its views towards surrogacy. It is bringing happiness to the infertile couple.

Hey! Hope so you are doing well.
I think it’s a quite great things because such methods help people to resolve fertility issues and to make their life happy. It is the need of every couple who is facing infertility. No one can feel their grief. I have seen many cases who was suffering from infertility. I know how such methods help them to make their life colourful. I really appreciate it.

It is very true that talking about both of these is very controversial. However, I strongly believe that when a couple does decide to opt for any one of them we should always appreciate their decision. I am saying this because it isn’t easy for them to even decide upon any one of the procedures. If I myself had to choose between one of them it would have probably been surrogacy. As that way, the child would be genetically linked to us. However, I have heard that once you decide to opt for surrogacy you have to be really sure about it. The process is very lengthy and requires the intended parents to be a lot more patient. Apart from that once you opt for it I think you should be well researched about it. The process of adoption is a lot quicker and easier. However, in today’s world, the legal paperwork does take a bit of your time but I think it is all worth it. Other than that I think the controversies regarding these procedures are just not true and you should do whatever you think is right. As it is your life and no one has to live it for you. Couples who have been trying to conceive for years I think they have all the right to choose between these options. Best of luck to all those who are opting for any one of these procedures. Sending baby dust your way.

Hello Dear, Indeed surrogacy is really helpful for every infertile woman other than adoption. Because In surrogacy, the baby’s gene is biologically yours. I am very glad that you want views about surrogacy. Yes, my view is hundred percent for surrogacy’s side. But, The procedure of IVF is also progressing every day. I think that you also collect a knowledge about IVF. Some knowledge is here That the IVF procedure requires a lot of money, nerves, strength, your power. It also hit your health. IF it fails you have more chances but your health condition not allow you for that again. As far as I know, the procedure is not very simple. But many people managed to achieve a high result. Every woman who face infertility. They should try surrogacy. Surrogacy is the best choice for those couples who can not conceive naturally. Surrogacy gives you hope. Through surrogacy, you will be-be able to fill your life with happiness. It’s getting progress all over the world. You should definitely go for surrogacy. It’s the best option for infertile mother. Take care. With best wishes!

Usually, couples prefer surrogacy. As they want their biological connection with their child and that’s the reason I have seen surrogacy being more suggested than adoption. Though adoption is equally a great activity to do. But you have to be under some legal things when doing adoption or surrogacy.
So if you want to have a biological link with your child. And got to observe your baby grow under womb so surrogacy offers you all these things.