Is this normal to bleed for 8 days

Okay I have been off of birth control since the 2nd of June I started spotting on the 5th and I am still bleeding. Is this normal? The said some people spot the entire time and they are watching my lining. THey said it will not stop the retrieval but it could cause them to have to freeze the eggs if it continues and my lining does not thicken . When I went for my first ultrasound my lining was a 4 and when I went Wednesday it was a 6. So I am wondering is this normal to bleed for 8 days…???

[QUOTE=hopefulone31]Okay I have been off of birth control since the 2nd of June I started spotting on the 5th and I am still bleeding. Is this normal? The said some people spot the entire time and they are watching my lining. THey said it will not stop the retrieval but it could cause them to have to freeze the eggs if it continues and my lining does not thicken . When I went for my first ultrasound my lining was a 4 and when I went Wednesday it was a 6. So I am wondering is this normal to bleed for 8 days…???[/QUOTE]

Hi hopefulone31!
I have 3 more nights of bcp’s…I had just posted something very similar to your post in the 40 and over thread. I had a 10 day long(very heavy) period that just ended. My RE says that it’s ok and long as I have another cycle when I stop taking them. He says everyone is different and we all have different responses. I, of course, have worried myself sick. Hoping my lining thickens properly also. Don’t know if this helps but at least you know you aren’t alone. I feel like we will be fine and just have to concentrate of positive outcomes! Best wishes

How heavy is the bleeding? Are you doing stims now? If so, as soon as your E2 starts getting high, the bleeding will stop and your lining will thicken on up.