IUI # 3, Injectibles.. Any Advice!

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing fine. Sorry if i am posting in the wrong place.

As you can see my signature just few weeks back i had my surgery for fibroid removal. Now i am ready for my IUI #3 with injectibles. My Re wants to do this cycle with Bravelle 75iu, this is my first cycle with Bravelle.

Is there anyone who did the IUI with injectibles, does it increase the chances of :bfp:. Please share your experience and give some advice. If there is no problem can you please share the cost for the medication.

Thanks

Hey BC,
Does that stand for British Columbia? Just wondering cause I’m Canadian, and the cost of medications is VERY different in Canada.
I have done quite a few non-injectable IUI’s, and just did my first set of injectables two months ago. I got pregnant, mind you it was a chemical pregnancy and didn’t last long, but it worked!
I don’t know why I was so hesitant to use the injectables, they really didn’t hurt to put it, it’s really more psychological then painful (in my opinion).
I was using clomid 50 & 100, and I would produce 1-2 good eggs, I used letrozol and had the same results. When I started the injectables with letrozol, I got 3 good sized eggs.

For the one Gonal F pen that takes me though one cycle, I pay $525.00 (Again this is in Canada, no idea how much things cost elsewhere)

Hope this helps! Good luck.

P.S. My trick for injecting…I take a deep breathe in, and as I slowly exhale I stick myself :slight_smile: It’s keeps your mind on breathing and not the needle.

Hi there

I only did two rounds of IUI, but I used both Menopur and Bravelle (150U daily), and it probably made the difference coupled with my DHEA supplementation. Don’t worry about the injectables. You get used to that little needle in no time!

Good luck! :cheer:

[quote=kika]Hey BC,
Does that stand for British Columbia? Just wondering cause I’m Canadian, and the cost of medications is VERY different in Canada.
I have done quite a few non-injectable IUI’s, and just did my first set of injectables two months ago. I got pregnant, mind you it was a chemical pregnancy and didn’t last long, but it worked!
I don’t know why I was so hesitant to use the injectables, they really didn’t hurt to put it, it’s really more psychological then painful (in my opinion).
I was using clomid 50 & 100, and I would produce 1-2 good eggs, I used letrozol and had the same results. When I started the injectables with letrozol, I got 3 good sized eggs.

For the one Gonal F pen that takes me though one cycle, I pay $525.00 (Again this is in Canada, no idea how much things cost elsewhere)

Hope this helps! Good luck.

P.S. My trick for injecting…I take a deep breathe in, and as I slowly exhale I stick myself :slight_smile: It’s keeps your mind on breathing and not the needle.[/quote]

@Kika , no i am in US not in Canada. So is it a good idea to go for injectibles. Does it make any difference from clomid??

[quote=OlderMomNewTricks]I only did two rounds of IUI, but I used both Menopur and Bravelle (150U daily), and it probably made the difference coupled with my DHEA supplementation. Don’t worry about the injectables. You get used to that little needle in no time!

Good luck! :cheer:[/quote]

@ OlderMomNewTricks: Does the injectibles make any difference from clomid (apart from costly medication)??? Is it a good idea to go for this??I knw my Re knows best for me. but just for my peace of mind is it good . Bcos all goes from our pocket our insurance won’t cover this.

BC - For my DS, my RE went straight to injectibles - gonal f. We didn’t go the Clomid route at all. I was 34 at the time and he wanted to take a bit more aggressive approach - I din’t know that 34 was[I] that[/I] old, lol.

In any case, my understanding is that injectibles will typically get you more eggs. I’ve also heard that you get better quality eggs…but I don’t know if that’s true.

With me, I didn’t have any issues with ovulation so I could proceduce 1 egg on my own so I wanted more than that. I was told that with injectibles, you run the risk of overstimulating - producing too many mature follicles - but I was willing to take that chance.

Good luck!

[QUOTE=BC1613]Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing fine. Sorry if i am posting in the wrong place.

As you can see my signature just few weeks back i had my surgery for fibroid removal. Now i am ready for my IUI #3 with injectibles. My Re wants to do this cycle with Bravelle 75iu, this is my first cycle with Bravelle.

Is there anyone who did the IUI with injectibles, does it increase the chances of :bfp:. Please share your experience and give some advice. If there is no problem can you please share the cost for the medication.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi there!
I must say, I was on three cycles of clomid at age 36 and IUI. Those cycles did not work. I also did gonal f 300iu per day injections which I did get 3-5 follies each time with IUI. Thlse cycles did not work either! Then my RE gave us the greatest gift in discounting our ivf cycle cost along with monthly payment options which worked for us. He knew cost was a huge problem for us and all he wanted was to give us the child we have been longing for. In his words “forget the money”. For the IVF we did gonal f and menopur. Apparently the injections produce better quality eggs. The clomid has a tendency to effect the lining of the uterus as well as the quality of the eggs are not as good as injectibles.

Good luck to you with your IUIs! Keep your eyes on the prize! :flower:

Does anyone has a success story with injectibles and iui…plzzz share…

[FONT=“Arial”][COLOR=“Blue”]My doctor has always said to think of it like this: Injectibles will not increase your chances of getting pregnant, it simply increases the number of eggs you will have that are good quality and size. Each IUI gives you a 15-20% chance, so if you produce more eggs, then you are giving yourself more opportunities to be in that 15-20%.
I did Bravellle and then Follistim. I like the Follistim pen, I barely felt the needle (I gave it in my stomach).[/FONT]

[QUOTE=BC1613]@ OlderMomNewTricks: Does the injectibles make any difference from clomid (apart from costly medication)??? Is it a good idea to go for this??I knw my Re knows best for me. but just for my peace of mind is it good . Bcos all goes from our pocket our insurance won’t cover this.[/QUOTE]

You’re in a completely different situation than me, since my biggest challenge was my age alone. My RE doc felt that injectables provided me the best advantage. I also wasn’t keen on the Clomid side effects anyway.

[QUOTE=BC1613]Does anyone has a success story with injectibles and iui…plzzz share…[/QUOTE]

I’m a success story. I’ll let my sig speak for itself. Any questions, let me know. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :cheer: