IUI after Lap

Hi Ladies, I had a diagnostic Laprascopy and Hysteroscopy last sunday.Thankfully they so no issues.A dye test was also performed to check the tubes and there were no blocks.:clap:

I did my first IVF in November and had a chemical. :grr: My idea was to do another IVF in Aug.I am consulting a new RE now and it was he who suggested I get a lap done.Since there are no abnormalities he feels we should do an IUI. now I am so confused.

I have no faith in these IUI and was wondering whether its a procedure worth trying.Was hoping for your advice pls…

IUI is one of the least stressful fertility treatments on a woman’s body, especially if she is not taking any fertility drugs. It also has very few associated risks, although cramping, bleeding or spotting may occur during or after the procedure. There is also a risk of infection, including STDs, particularly if the sperm you are using has not been properly screened and/or you are not very familiar with the health background of the sperm provider. Feel free to get up and move about after IUI as your cervix will close, keeping the newly deposited sperm right where it should be. However, many women prefer to continue lying down immediately after the procedure, which your doctor will likely encourage as well. While it won’t hurt you to take it easy for a few days, there really is no reason why you can’t resume your regular activities right away. Have sex. This will only help to increase your chances of conceiving, after all. However, if you experienced any bleeding during your IUI procedure, you may want to wait 48 hours before having sex. You can take acetaminophen, like Tylenol, if you are experiencing any pain or cramps after the procedure but avoid NSAIDs, such as ibuprofen. Wondering whether or not you can swim? While it hasn’t been shown to interfere with IUI, there’s nothing wrong with being prudent in your actions and waiting a couple of days to swim. If you are using suppository medications, though, you may want to ask your fertility doctor whether swimming will interfere with these medications.

I’m sorry your previous attempt failed. As far as I know, IUI may be used in conjunction with ovulatory medications. Such as clomophine citrate, gonadotropins or urofollitropins. If injectable ovulation stimulating drugs are used in an IUI cycle, careful monitoring is essential. Monitoring includes periodic blood tests and ultrasounds beginning around day 6 of the woman’s cycle. Results of these tests will indicate when eggs are mature, prompting the hCG shot. I wonder if you had any of those?
Also the likelihood of success in an IVF cycle is impacted by a number of factors. The most important being the age of the woman. Information collected found that women under 35 had a 41% chance of having a baby from a single IVF cycle. The chance of success drops to 32% in women between the ages of 35 to 37, and 22% in women between the ages of 38 to 40. That number is even lower in women over 40 years of age. Success rates also vary with the number of embryos transferred. The likelihood of pregnancy increases with when more than one embryo is replaced. But so does the risk of a multiple pregnancy. Like with any other treatment. I truly think you should try another round iui first. Besides your doc feel well about it, so probably you’d better to give it another try. This is my personal opinion. Keep us updated and stay strong!