IUI After Polyp Removal

I’m new to posting on the forums. I used to follow the chatting in the chat rooms months ago.

We’ve been ttc for 2 years, 7 months with no success. I’m in my mid 20s, my husband is in his late 20s.

We’ve been through all the testing and believe we’ve finally gotten to the source of the problem. My husband has low sperm count (10 million on first sa, 2 million on 2nd and 9 million on 3rd after 3 months of Clomid). We thought that that may be the reason since all of my tests came back normal, open tubes, ovulating properly, etc. As we began to look into IUI vs IVF, my doctor noticed that my blood work seemed to show that I may not be shedding my uterine lining completely.

I had a hysterosonogram and it showed many polyps, up to 17 mm. I just had them removed this week by hysteroscopy d&c and FE seems to think this with the low sperm count may be the cause of my infertility. He said that we can begin IUI treatments on my next cycle, af is due May 15, if DH’s sperm count is ok.

Anyone starting around that time? Anyone having IUI after hysteroscopy d&c? I’ve read chances are extremely high after d&c. Are you doing with meds or without?

I’m new to IUI treatment. What should I expect?

[QUOTE=prinny]I’m new to posting on the forums. I used to follow the chatting in the chat rooms months ago.

We’ve been ttc for 2 years, 7 months with no success. I’m in my mid 20s, my husband is in his late 20s.

We’ve been through all the testing and believe we’ve finally gotten to the source of the problem. My husband has low sperm count (10 million on first sa, 2 million on 2nd and 9 million on 3rd after 3 months of Clomid). We thought that that may be the reason since all of my tests came back normal, open tubes, ovulating properly, etc. As we began to look into IUI vs IVF, my doctor noticed that my blood work seemed to show that I may not be shedding my uterine lining completely.

I had a hysterosonogram and it showed many polyps, up to 17 mm. I just had them removed this week by hysteroscopy d&c and FE seems to think this with the low sperm count may be the cause of my infertility. He said that we can begin IUI treatments on my next cycle, af is due May 15, if DH’s sperm count is ok.

Anyone starting around that time? Anyone having IUI after hysteroscopy d&c? I’ve read chances are extremely high after d&c. Are you doing with meds or without?

I’m new to IUI treatment. What should I expect?[/QUOTE]

Hi Prinny,

I also had what we thought was a uterine polyp removed at the beginning of April (turned out to be a fibroid). This will be our first IUI if AF ever shows up. Was due on the 30th and still haven’t gotten it. Last hpt was negative but may do another one in the morning if I still haven’t gotten it. My RE is having us do a medicated cycle using Femara I believe. Our only problem that we can find is no CM for me and a small cervix. :pray: you get your :bfp: !!! Good Luck!

Thanks for the response, pdot!

Did af ever show up for you? How long did you bleed after the procedure?

I took bcp for 2 weeks before the procedure and was told to stop the day of the polyp removal. I had bleeding for 5 days after, and I’m hoping it was just post op bleeding and not an early period because of the sudden stop of bcp.

[quote=prinny]Thanks for the response, pdot!

Did af ever show up for you? How long did you bleed after the procedure?

I took bcp for 2 weeks before the procedure and was told to stop the day of the polyp removal. I had bleeding for 5 days after, and I’m hoping it was just post op bleeding and not an early period because of the sudden stop of bcp.[/quote]

Bleeding after procedure wasn’t too bad, a few days only. My procedure was also the day after my period started so some of that was menstrual bleeding. Still waiting on :af: . I left a message with my RE’s nurse this morning but it wasn’t the one I usually have and haven’t heard anything back. Good luck with everything!

Hope you get an answer soon!

Hopefully it’ll be a :bfp:

Thank you!!

Hi Ladies,
I am starting my 3rd cycle of IUI since having a polyp removed in December. We have been trying to conceive for 3 years. I’ve had multiple miscarriages, but have not had a BFP since having the polyp removed. I’m hoping that the Polyp was the reason for the miscarriages and that when we do get pregnant, it will be sustained.

Good Luck Noelle2012!!! :cross: for you!!!

Noelle, did you have any other fertility issues

Hi Prinny,

I also had what we thought was a fibroid removed. We did a HSG and it looked like submucosal fibroid on xray. But it wasn’t. It wasn’t even a polyp. My doctor did a hysteroscopic day surgery and I was back on my feet the same day. The abnormal tissue was examined and it turned out to be abnormal endometrial lining. Non-cancerous, so I probably had endo. I had painful periods when I was a teenager, 14-21 years old, so I should have known I guess.

Anyway, May is my first IUI and I’m praying hard it will stick! My periods have gotten a lot lighter and not painful ever since the day surgery, which is great.

Oh, and I forgot to add, my husband has low morphology, 1% !! :frowning: But his motility and count was good so they recommended IUI first.

The IUI procedure was really quick and painless. I must say, the gonal f they put me on to stimulate my follicles was the part that got me. Pretty easy jabbing and what not, but after the IUI I could totally feel my ovulation and it hurt like hell! My whole body hurt in fact, 2 hours after IUI, for the whole day. My ovaries weren’t used to releasing 2-3 follicles at the same time and were over-worked. My temp was up too, maybe due to ovulation as well. It did not feel good! Now I’m on the 2ww and have been put on progesterone. Being put on gonal f (FSH), then trigger shot (HCG), then progesterone is really not fun. Hormones mess up a lot of functions to your body at the same time.

So that’s basically my experience so far. If you don’t like being put on different hormones then this probably isn’t for you. I don’t, but there are not a lot of choices left for our inability to conceive so we have to. Honestly, the only day that was really bad was 2 hours after IUI - 12 hours after IUI. I assume that was my ovulation window.

[QUOTE=prinny]Noelle, did you have any other fertility issues[/QUOTE]
Hi Prinny, I have no other known fertility issues. I just had my 3rd IUI today, so I’m hoping for :bfp: .

Pinkbunny and noelle, when are you due to test?