IUI and preggo symptoms after Ovidrel

Hi ladies.
Just had my IUI on Friday 11/12 and now having symptoms of pregnancy (very sore boobs). I know this is a side effect of the Ovidrel trigger shot.

Did anyone experience the same thing? When will the shot be out of my system, so I can know if the soreness is a true sign of pregnancy?
Thanks so much
Good luck everyone :cross:

I had my IUI on Thursday. The last cycle / IUI I had last month, I did have sore boobs. But I dont have them so far this time. I have heard that it is too soon to “be” pregnant as it takes time to implant so you would not be getting symptoms yet. The Ovidril does not leave your system for 5-7 days so if you took a preg test it would show up BFP. I took one at day 6 on my first cycle, just to see the BFP on it. I knew it would not be true but nice to see it.

Hope this one works for you and me!! Good Luck!

Some women do get “preggo” symptoms after a trigger shot. As the shot goes out of your system the symptoms will get less and less. The trigger can take up until day 14 to leave you system. It just depends on how fast your body gets rid of it. With my first IUI my trigger was gone at 8dpt/6dpiui. I then got a bfp at 9dpiui. I didn’t have any preggo symptoms until i hit my 6/7 week.

I had one time where I had lots of pregnancy-like symptoms from Ovitrelle - major fatigue, lots of peeing and thirst, and light nausea. It was making me crazy. It was worst around 0-3 days piui and tapered off afterwards - the closer I got to the end of the cycle the fewer of those symptoms I had. (It was a bust cycle.)

I havent taken the trigger shot that you are talking about but I would suggest that you really try to ignore all “symptoms” until you get that BFP! I know its hard but last month I would have sworn under oath that I was pregnant, but nope! It was all just the clomid… and most women dont even have those side effects. Everyone is different, so its hard to compare symptoms. I am going to do my best to just wait it out and not think about it until 14dpiui. Good luck!!

Thanks for all the advice ladies! Good Luck to everyone. Hope we all get :bfp:

Yes, it is hard to ignore the symptoms and the mind has a tendency to wander, but when it does I try to focus just on the present moment.

OK question: So I took ovidrel on 11/21 and no side effects. For past 3 days I have been nauseous and whatnot. Lol I type this as I sit on the toilet bc my body can’t decide if it wants to throw up or do a bowel movement. My question is I have been taking OPKs to see when it is out of my system. As an hour ago it is a faint line you can barely see. I know it is unheard of to have these symptoms and think they are pregnancy symptoms but when is the best time to test. When the HcG leaves system or the 2 week wait?

Toyisttc~ I know the Ovidrel usually leave the system within 5-7 days. Since your line is faint it should almost be out. I know mine was out in 4 days. I waited to take my HPT on day 16 after my IUI just to make sure it was a true positive. So I would wait the 2ww. Good luck!:babydust::babydust:

I am not sure that the OPK would detect the trigger: the trigger is HCG, the same hormone the placenta produces during pregnancy. It’s a negative pregnancy test that confirms it is out of your system.

[QUOTE=Shmead]I am not sure that the OPK would detect the trigger: the trigger is HCG, the same hormone the placenta produces during pregnancy. It’s a negative pregnancy test that confirms it is out of your system.[/QUOTE]
Shmead,

It actually does detect HcG since LH and HcG are so close together.

Heres a website dedicated to it:
Pee On A Stick ~ OPK’s as HPT’s
An OPK tests only for the part of the molecule that LH and hCG have in common.
So an OPK will turn positive when it detects either of the “identical twins”-- ovulation or pregnancy hormone.
The reverse is not true, however, because an HPT tests for the part of the molecule that is unique to hCG.
Therefore, a pregnancy test will turn positive only in the presence of hCG, whereas an OPK will turn positive in the presence of hCG or LH.

I did not know that. Thanks. I’ve been anovulatory most of my life, and my husband’s disease means we’ve never actually TTC naturally, so I haven’t paid much attention to the mechanics of ovulation detectors.

I had my Ovidrel trigger about 48 hours ago and the only symptoms I have are extreme fatigue! I’ve been so sleepy and tired, and taking long naps during the day.

Not sure if this is a trigger symptom or Clomid or IUI symptom, but I have very dull cramps low in my uterus since the time of the IUI. It just feels really heavy down there.

[QUOTE=Shmead]I did not know that. Thanks. I’ve been anovulatory most of my life, and my husband’s disease means we’ve never actually TTC naturally, so I haven’t paid much attention to the mechanics of ovulation detectors.[/QUOTE]
LOL I just started ovulating on my own 2 months ago. It could been before that bc I used to have cramps throughout my entire cycle and just assumed they were period cramps but I started 2 months ago so that is how I know I had been ovulating. Yes this whole pregnancy thing is confusing but good luck and baby dust to you.

[quote=OCWife2010]I had my Ovidrel trigger about 48 hours ago and the only symptoms I have are extreme fatigue! I’ve been so sleepy and tired, and taking long naps during the day.

Not sure if this is a trigger symptom or Clomid or IUI symptom, but I have very dull cramps low in my uterus since the time of the IUI. It just feels really heavy down there.[/quote]

OCWife~ I had dull cramps off and on for the 2ww after both of my IUI’s. And I felt bloated as well. :bfp: and :babydust::babydust: to you. GOOD LUCK

The 2ww Is Going To Kill Me

I had my IUI on Saturday 11/27 :cross: , and after reading all of the stories on the internet I can’t help but feel that my IUI didn’t work. I know it sounds crazy as it is just too early to know. Any words of encouragment would help. My left side where my ovary is located feels really funny, but maybe its all in my head. I’m :pray: :pray: for a :bfp: .

abdominal cramping and i was very lazy