IUI before starting Estrogen priming Protocol?

Hi Ladies,:cheer:

I had my surge today cd13 and is due to start Estrace next Wednesday in prep for my Estrogen Priming/Antagonist Protocol but my RE has decided to have me trigger tonight and come in for an IUI on Friday morning. I am just confused. I guess he does not want to waste a mature egg (21mm).

Anyone ever had this happen on this protocol? Also, what happens if I get pregnant (long shot) and starts estrace?

Alicia.:grouphug:

Some REs will prescribe Estrace after ER so it would be taken during ET and continued through the first trimester. So, I think taking the Estrace to prime for your IVF cycle probably isn’t a problem if you got pregnant. I can’t say I have EVER heard of an RE having anyone trigger and then do an IUI in the month just before your IVF??? I would think the progesterone post ovulation would be an issue just before your IVF??? I will be interested to see if you get any responses of anyone else with this same protocol… Maybe you will get lucky with your IUI? Isn’t it a full moon or something?? GOOD LUCK.

Thanks. It is good to know estrace is harmless… now to find out about the progesterone… I don’t want to delay IVF#2[ cuz then we will have to wait till March as I am away the end of february, right when ER is scheduled to take place…

Alicia.

quote=kaultra]Some REs will prescribe Estrace after ER so it would be taken during ET and continued through the first trimester. So, I think taking the Estrace to prime for your IVF cycle probably isn’t a problem if you got pregnant. I can’t say I have EVER heard of an RE having anyone trigger and then do an IUI in the month just before your IVF??? I would think the progesterone post ovulation would be an issue just before your IVF??? I will be interested to see if you get any responses of anyone else with this same protocol… Maybe you will get lucky with your IUI? Isn’t it a full moon or something?? GOOD LUCK.[/quote]

[B]L[SIZE=2]ooks like high progesterone @ c2 can decrease chances of successful IVF… I need to make a decision about this… do IUI and risk waiting till march or go straight to IVF now and forget IUI since it looks like I can;t use the progesterone which I need…[/SIZE][/B]

[B]
[/B]

[B]Abstract[/B]

BACKGROUND: The objective of this prospective study was to assess the impact of elevated serum progesterone levels on day 2 of the cycle on pregnancy rates in patients treated by IVF using GnRH antagonists. METHODS: Ovarian stimulation was started on day 2 of the cycle if progesterone levels were normal (normal‐P group, [I]n[/I] = 390). In the presence of elevated progesterone, initiation of stimulation was postponed for 1 or 2 days (high‐P group,                      [I]n[/I] = 20) and was started if repeat progesterone levels returned to normal range ([I]n[/I] = 16). Stimulation was performed with recombinant FSH (rFSH) and GnRH antagonist was always started on day 6 of stimulation. RESULTS: A significantly higher exposure to progesterone and a significantly lower exposure to estradiol was present in the high‐P as compared with the normal‐P group from day 1 to day 8 of stimulation. In addition, a significantly lower ongoing pregnancy rate both per started cycle (5.0% versus 31.8%; [I]P[/I] = 0.01) and per embryo transfer (6.3% versus 36.9%; [I]P[/I] = 0.01) was present in the high‐P compared with the normal‐P group, respectively. CONCLUSIONS: The presence of elevated serum progesterone on day 2 of the cycle is associated with a decreased chance of pregnancy in patients treated with rFSH and GnRH antagonists.