IUI December 2011

AF started today so I am all set to go this month!!! I start clomid on Friday and go in for a mid-cycle scan on 11/30. I am so excited and really hope that everyone gets a :bfp: this month!!!

Alison, thanks for starting the December thread!

I just got a negative today at 12dpiui and want to focus on my next try. CD1 should be Saturday so I should have my CD3 blood work and u/s done on Monday. I’d like to try injectables this month as something more aggressive than Clomid. Tentative date for IUI should be early December. It would be great to get an early Christmas present!

I was just going to hop over and start this thread, but you beat me to it!

Alison - I’m so excited that you’re TTC#2!! :cheer: We are exact cycle buddies as today is CD#1 for me also and I’ll start Clomid on Friday too…DH should be off to the pharmacy to pick it up for me in a few minutes!

Hopeful - Here we go again!! Hopefully this is our month!

Well I just got a call for the counseling, so instead of a late November IUI, I’ll be doing a late December IUI. Good luck to you ladies and :bfp: all around!!

deenee - That’s a bummer that you have to wait so much longer than you had planned on. Hopefully the holidays will make the time go by quickly!

[QUOTE=Kris79]deenee - That’s a bummer that you have to wait so much longer than you had planned on. Hopefully the holidays will make the time go by quickly![/QUOTE]

At first I was a little upset but my philosophy is there is a purpose for everything :slight_smile: As I was thinking about it a little, I figured out that it would work very nicely because at the end of December my finals will be over and I’ll be on Christmas Break with lots of free time. If I did in at the end of November, I would be in the 2WW during finals. I’m pretty sure it would be hard to focus on studying from what I hear about the dreaded 2WW. Thank you for you comment, I’m sure the holidays will make it fly by.

You have a good attitude about things. You’re right, it does sound like the timing will be better. I think finals and a 2ww would be very difficult!!

[QUOTE=Kris79]You have a good attitude about things. You’re right, it does sound like the timing will be better. I think finals and a 2ww would be very difficult!![/QUOTE]

Yeah I heard it wasn’t too fun. I’ll probably be testing often haha. Good luck to you this cycle! I see you’ll be starting IUI in a couple weeks? :bfp: to you!

Kristen, that is exciting that we are on the exact same schedule! Wouldn’t that be great if we both got a :bfp: and were due date buddies as well? :cross:

Hopeful, good luck with injectables! I agree, it would be a fantastic early Christmas present to get that :bfp: !!!

My IUI should be very early December. We will see how many follies I have at my u/s then I’m doing a trigger shot. I am following the same protocol we did the cycle I got pg. :pray: it works this time as well!!!

Alison - That would be awesome if we ended up due date buddies!! Question for you about trigger. I notice they don’t have you coming in for your u/s until CD15. Do you worry that you would miss ovulation all together? Last month we were going to do a trigger and he told me not to bother with OPKs and just come in on CD14 for an u/s. I told him I was going to keep doing OPKs and wondered if I happened to surge before CD14, if I should call them. He said yes. I had never surged that early, so wasn’t actually too concerned about…then I did surge on CD13 and I realized I would have completely missed my ovulation if I had followed his instructions. I ended up not using the trigger and just going in on CD14 for IUI and felt ovulation about three hours after IUI so the timing was great, in my opinion. I think I’m going to try one more Clomid, no trigger, cycle since that did work for me before (after five tries!) and then re-visit using a trigger in January. I just get worried about changing things up, I guess.

Kristen - The cycle I got pg I actually wasn’t even planning on doing the trigger shot, but I still hadn’t gotten a positive opk on cd 16 so I called my RE office and the nurse said I should come in for an u/s to make sure I hadn’t missed my ovulation. When I went in for the u/s I hadn’t ovulated yet. In fact, my follies were only at 15 and 17 so my RE said they weren’t ready. He advised that I should do another opk the following morning (Thursday) and if it were positive we would do the IUI 24 hours later, and if it were still negative that I should trigger that evening (Thurs PM) and we would do the IUI 36 hours later on Saturday AM. My opk was negative on the Thursday so I triggered on Thurs night at 10pm and went in for the IUI on Sat at 10am. I didn’t trigger until cd 17 and had my IUI cd 19. I was so surprised how late in my cycle all this happened because it was the first cycle that I took my clomid cd 3-7, the previous 3 cycles I took it cd 5-9. I always assumed I would ovulate sooner since I took the clomid earlier in my cycle. I am basically assuming that I will respond the same this cycle. I will go ahead and do the opk’s and if it is positive I will just go in for my IUI 24 hours later. If I still haven’t surged by the time I go in for my u/s then he will have me trigger either that night or the next night based on how big my follies are. My RE gave me the option of cd 14 or 15 for my u/s and I just chose cd 15 because I figured that if I go in too early for it that I may be a few days away from needing to trigger and I don’t want to have to go in for another u/s. I understand how you feel about feeling nervous about changing anything from the cycle you got your BFP. I believe that for me the timing was just perfect last time and I’m just praying it goes the same this time.

Iui #5

Hey ladies!!
I got :af: yesterday, so here we go with a new cycle… I have my US tomorrow and should be starting clomid CD 4-8 and trigger to follow. I am hoping for good news for Christmas…

I will be :pray: for all of us to have a :bfp: for Christmas. I will be having my IUI around the 29th of November, but my dreaded 2ww will be in December.

IUI #1- Nov 2010 :bfn:

IUI #2 Dec 2010 :bfn:

IUI #3 Jan 2011 :bfp:
Miscarried at 7 weeks :wings:

IUI#4 Nov 1 2011 :bfn: :af: :grr: :grr:

IUI #5
Nov 18- US and Clomid CD 4-8

I figure i’d join now…

Hi ladies, hope you dont mind me tagging along here. My last IUI ended in a BFN… So here i am back again. I dont plan on doing anything until we return from our holiday travels. I was convinced this cycle worked but it didnt. Got my bfn on nov 15 which was 15dpiui and i am still waiting for :af: to show. In the meantime, i figure i jump on the december IUI forum since i will doing another cycle mid-late decemeber. Good luck to all of you and :pray: for that :bfp: for everyone… :bsv:

[QUOTE=missjay]Hi ladies, hope you dont mind me tagging along here. My last IUI ended in a BFN… So here i am back again. I dont plan on doing anything until we return from our holiday travels. I was convinced this cycle worked but it didnt. Got my bfn on nov 15 which was 15dpiui and i am still waiting for :af: to show. In the meantime, i figure i jump on the december IUI forum since i will doing another cycle mid-late decemeber. Good luck to all of you and :pray: for that :bfp: for everyone… :bsv:[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry to hear about your BFN. This will be your cycle :cross: Welcome to the December IUI group

Count me in… I think

Hey everyone! Hopefully I will get to have my IUI December. Just coming off of this chemical, so I’m waiting for AF to arrive. Should be coming Nov 23-26. I see everyone is hoping for a Christmas BFP (even me :flower: ). Hopefully we will get our special present!

Quick question… Do you think a chemical pregnancy will negatively affect the next cycle? Should I wait one cycle before trying again? I was only 4.5 weeks when AF came.

Hi ladies! Well :af: came today so it looks like I will be joining you in December. Hoping we all get an early Christmas present!

CoQ10

:af: finally arrived today… Even though i wont start until december i’m glad it is here… So i decided that i will be adding some additional supplements to my regime. I was taking royal jelly and bee pollen and prenatal vitamins… I did some additional research and i hear evening primrose oil is good especially for those who suffer from endometriosis (like me), will be using coconut oil (cold pressed) to cook with (heard thats good to with endo)… I also see alot of ladies either IUI/IVF taking CoQ10 as a supplement. Does anyone knows what that helps with? I hear its good for the heart and provides energy, but i curious to know what the linkage is for infertility. Is anyone taking it and does anyone know what its use is?

Decided I will go with Follistim this month

Hello everyone, it’s nice to have a good-sized December group.

• missjay: In addition to the prenatal vitamins, I’m taking CoQ10 200mg 3xday and Fish Oil 2xday. I couldn’t find any info about CoQ10, but my acupuncturist recommended these two supplements for me, and I trust her.

AFM: waiting for AF to arrive, tomorrow most likely as it will be CD29 and my cycles are pretty regular. I went to an IVF orientation class this week, very informative and useful. I don’t want to try IVF yet (the cost is too high and we don’t have male factor), but I learned all about preparing and administering injections. I feel like a pro! More importantly, that helped me to decide what to do next: IUI + Follistim. MY RE didn’t suggest it, it was me, and I called my insurance and local pharmacy to check the price and availability. I can get it the very same day (no need to mail order)! So relieved. Nurse called today to confirm that RE approved the Follistim protocol and that I should come on CD2 for bloodwork and ultrasound (Sunday). She also mentioned that I have to come back on CD7 (Friday after Thanksgiving) for monitoring. We’ll be in Long Island, two hours from the city, so I’ll see if I make the trek very early, or try to find a clinic in Long Island instead. Overall, I feel like I have a plan, so that’s good!

thanks HopefulinNY and i am glad you have a game plan now.

I also added Noni Juice to my regime, and it taste good too. I had it but stopped taking it a while ago…

As long as i am consistent, i think i can keep my pain and inflammation to a minimum which hopefully will increase my chances to conceive

[quote=HopefulinNY]Hello everyone, it’s nice to have a good-sized December group.

• missjay: In addition to the prenatal vitamins, I’m taking CoQ10 200mg 3xday and Fish Oil 2xday. I couldn’t find any info about CoQ10, but my acupuncturist recommended these two supplements for me, and I trust her.

AFM: waiting for AF to arrive, tomorrow most likely as it will be CD29 and my cycles are pretty regular. I went to an IVF orientation class this week, very informative and useful. I don’t want to try IVF yet (the cost is too high and we don’t have male factor), but I learned all about preparing and administering injections. I feel like a pro! More importantly, that helped me to decide what to do next: IUI + Follistim. MY RE didn’t suggest it, it was me, and I called my insurance and local pharmacy to check the price and availability. I can get it the very same day (no need to mail order)! So relieved. Nurse called today to confirm that RE approved the Follistim protocol and that I should come on CD2 for bloodwork and ultrasound (Sunday). She also mentioned that I have to come back on CD7 (Friday after Thanksgiving) for monitoring. We’ll be in Long Island, two hours from the city, so I’ll see if I make the trek very early, or try to find a clinic in Long Island instead. Overall, I feel like I have a plan, so that’s good![/quote]

I think AF is officially here today. I had brown spotting since Friday. If this is AF, she is here a week early. Is that normal after a chimical? My last period was really short with my beta going up before it went down. Maybe I’m early because everything didn’t come out the first time? Sorry… I hope I’m not grossing everyone out. I just don’t know what to expect.