IUI experiences and support

I’m new to fertilitycommunity. Looking to start a thread I can keep up with and see others stories. Hoping to get and give support!

Hi there,

Just wanted to say welcome! I am 25, and I started on the forum before my first IUI in October, and it has been a great source of support. Like you, I have PCOS. I took most of November off due to cysts, and am having my 2nd IUI on Monday.

How are you doing with your two week wait? It is never easy, especially if you are as impatient as I am :slight_smile: Best of luck, and hope to stay in touch! Take care.

HELLO!!! I am doing ok through the 2ww but no it is not easy. Lots of prayers have been sent out and hopefully they will be answered!!! Are you getting excited for IUI#2?

Hi again,

Yes, I am getting excited! I’m doing a HCG trigger on Saturday night, and those make me kind of an emotional mess, so I’m sure this weekend will just drag on. It will be nice to get the 2ww out of the way before Christmas, albeit right before…(my beta test will be on the 20th)

We’re planning to do IVF in February if this round doesn’t work, and I of course would much rather not have to do the IVF with the financial and physical/emotional tolls that come along with it.

I’ll say prayers for both of us - that Christmas brings good news :slight_smile:

[quote=northstar85]Hi again,

Yes, I am getting excited! I’m doing a HCG trigger on Saturday night, and those make me kind of an emotional mess, so I’m sure this weekend will just drag on. It will be nice to get the 2ww out of the way before Christmas, albeit right before…(my beta test will be on the 20th)

We’re planning to do IVF in February if this round doesn’t work, and I of course would much rather not have to do the IVF with the financial and physical/emotional tolls that come along with it.

I’ll say prayers for both of us - that Christmas brings good news :)[/quote]

Okay NorthStar I know from the Chat room… Im 2dAYS pst IUI. It’s my first and Im’ freaking. I am hurting so freaking bad. Help… Infor pleae:pray: :bfp:

Hi Tee,

Sorry to hear you’re hurting! I was pretty uncomfortable after my 1st IUI too. If you have really sharp severe pain though, I don’t think that’s normal so you might want to call your doctor.

I’m not chatting tonight, watching a movie with DH. Hope you feel better soon :slight_smile:

Welcome adowell! I also had an IUI on the 29th. I feel like I have had so much disappointment each month that I am expecting the same this month. Not the best attitude huh?! :slight_smile: Christmas miracle?:pray:

Hope13…I know exactly how you feel. I also think sometimes it is just easier to assume and expect the worst…it seems easier when you get a BFN. :frowning: But each month is a new month!!! :slight_smile:

Hi ladies, I had an IUI on 12/1 and 12/2. I also am trying to think that its not going to happen so I dont get dissapointed - but still find myself looking at the calendar to see if I will try and take a AHPT and POAS.

I’m Jewish, so I thought (read “overthought”) that since my FIRST IUI was on the frsit day of Chanukah that maybe I’d have a miracle of my own. My pregnancy test is scheduled for my 3 year wedding anniversary… but if it doesnt work out, all these “star aligning” will look dumb. But a girl can dream, right?

Can’t believe its only been 6dpiui

But I have to say I had success with IUI in the past, so having science involved gives me more hope than if I was trying month after month on my own.

Does that sound weird?

Hi Ladies,

I had my first IUI done on November and everything looks good so far, as I’ve got :bfp:at the end of my 2ww and have gone through 2 Beta so far:

Me: 34 (PCO) Taking Metformin since Nov 2009 and ovulating regularly
DH: 34 Low Morphology but everything else is good

1st IUI
CD 3~7: Clomid 100mg
CD 9: Repronex Injection
CD 13: U/S only 1 follicle ready for trigger, measured 18mm; Trigger shot on the same night
CD 15: IUI in AM
16dpiui ~ 19dpiui: :bfp:
1st Beta (19dpiui): 312:clap: Progesterone: 49.56
2nd Beta (21dpiui): 870:clap:
3nd Beta (23dpiui): Scheduled on 12/11:cross::cross::cross:

Good Luck to you all ladies!

Hi Ladies,
I’m a bit of a newbie at this whole thing. I’m hoping someone can help me out with the timeline in this process. I have my first appt with my RE in three weeks. What should I expect at the first appt? How many appts (approx) in between the initial consult, and the day of the procedure itself (assuming no real complications)?

Velvet,

I’m sure it is different for everybody. At the initial appointment they covered my history and ordered bloodwork for my husband and I (if that hasn’t already been done). From there, a lot of ladies have an HSG test before starting IUI to make sure the tubes are clear. After that, most of us have an baseline ultrasound at the beginning of the next cycle, then begin injections or Clomid as ordered.

We had some complications and additional tests that had to be done, so while our initial appointment was at the end of June, we didn’t have our first IUI cycle til October. Keep in mind that even if you don’t have complications it can take a while for tests to come back and for your cycle to line up accordingly. Patience is key in this game.

Best of luck to you! This forum is great for support and advice.

Hi Ladies,

This is a great new thread. Thank you adowell for starting! I am in my 2ww after iui on December 4. I am hoping for a :bfp: next week.

I also have PCOS - I had a dx when I was 18.

Good luck and baby dust to everyone. :bsv:

Wow… That sounds like a lot of office visits. I see what you mean by patience being key. My first anniversary is in April. Sure would be nice if we had something awesome to celebrate in addition to wedded bliss.:cheer:

Jordana, i am2dpiui and i also test on my anniversary! :clap: my 9th! i am hoping that the fact that it is our anniversary which is 3 days before xmas that we will get our miracle on the first shot. Though like you all, it is easier to think negative than to be utterly dissappointed. this is my first IUI, but we have been TTC for 6 years! this forum is wonderful and i am glad i can follow all of your stories as well. gives me someone else to put my thoughts and gives me alot more hope that i had on my own! now if only i can stop crying every time i see something baby related! lol

[quote=VelvetElegance]Hi Ladies,
I’m a bit of a newbie at this whole thing. I’m hoping someone can help me out with the timeline in this process. I have my first appt with my RE in three weeks. What should I expect at the first appt? How many appts (approx) in between the initial consult, and the day of the procedure itself (assuming no real complications)?[/quote]

I think every RE is different as far as what they want done and what protocol they do. The number of office visits for an IUI cycle also depends on whether or not you are doing injectables and how well your follies are progressing. This is how it went for me…

Appt #1: Initial consult. All my testing was done this day. (Lab work, exam, u/s, etc.)

Appt #2: CD3 u/s. Started Clomid

Appt #3: Follie check u/s. RE told me when to trigger.

Appt #4: IUI

Those are the only times I have been to my REs office. I had my beta done today, but they faxed me an order to have it drawn at the hospital I work at. My RE’s office is 2 hours away.

Hope that helps!!

So I POAS this morning 12dpiui and got a BFN. I’m doing ok but of course it still bites!! I feel the AF coming (light cramps) but I usually don’t expect AF till CD30…it is currently CD27. So my question is whether anyone else has tested on 12dpiui and trigger, got a BFN and then ended up with a BFP?

[quote=VelvetElegance]Hi Ladies,
I’m a bit of a newbie at this whole thing. I’m hoping someone can help me out with the timeline in this process. I have my first appt with my RE in three weeks. What should I expect at the first appt? How many appts (approx) in between the initial consult, and the day of the procedure itself (assuming no real complications)?[/quote]

Velvet, Please read “Making Babies” by Sami S David and Jill Blakeway before you go to your first appt. I would have had SO many more questions for my RE had I read this first. Good luck…

Anyone 40yo that got pregnant with IUI?

Doc’s have moved me to IUI … has anyone over 40yo reading this gotten pregnant with IUI?

Hi skisunfun! I am in the same boat as you! I am 42 and they switched me to IUI as well.

I did IUI several years back, but I don’t remember much about it. For instance, I can’t remember at all how many follicles I had…and I’m pretty sure I didn’t do a trigger shot of any kind. :confused: But, I’ve been told I will probably do one this time…maybe Sunday night…it all depends on my u/s tomorrow morning.

I’m not too hopeful. :frowning: I was really looking forward to IVF and possibly having extra embies for a FET cycle in the future. Of course I would love for this to work this month! Since I’m paying OOP for everything…I don’t have much money to spare.