IUI not working might have to move on to IVF need help with Insurance information

Hello All,

I had my second IUI on OCT 23rd but I am spotting today and im not sure if it worked I was supposed to go get my blood drawn on Nov 5th but it doenst look like I will need to :af:

Anywho I am trying not to get discouraged and I am trying to weigh my options which at this point is IVF I know that it is really expensive and my insurance does not cover any fertility services. Does anyone know if I can buy coverage for IVF? any information would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Hi Tae: You might be having implantation bleeding. It can occur antwhere from day 6-12 after fertilization. If I counted right you are 11 days past iui. There’s still hope. Like you, my DH & I have had to pay for IF treatments out of pocket. The clinic I go to offers like a money back guarantee on ivf if certain requirements are met. Like, certain bmi and things of that sort. I just had my first iui on Monday. I am :pray: it takes. We only get to try iui 3 times. Unfortunately, ivf will not be in our budget, if it comes to that.

I wish you lots of luck!!
:babydust:

I wish you a lot of luck that you are not out for this cycle yet!

Re buying coverage for IVF, I’ve never heard of something like this. If there is some type of coverage out there, I would assume that prior IF would make it difficult, if not impossible, to qualify for IVF coverage that is financially practical. What you might try doing is calling the clinics in your area to see if any of them do financing packages.

I would also encourage you to do a little research to see if any of your local clinics are doing studies that offer IF couples free treatment cycles depending on whether they qualify. One of my best friends is doing an IVF cycle next month for free because she met the requirements of a study that a local RE clinic was participating in.

Again, wish you a lot of luck.

[quote=stillpraying]Hi Tae: You might be having implantation bleeding. It can occur antwhere from day 6-12 after fertilization. If I counted right you are 11 days past iui. There’s still hope. Like you, my DH & I have had to pay for IF treatments out of pocket. The clinic I go to offers like a money back guarantee on ivf if certain requirements are met. Like, certain bmi and things of that sort. I just had my first iui on Monday. I am :pray: it takes. We only get to try iui 3 times. Unfortunately, ivf will not be in our budget, if it comes to that.

I wish you lots of luck!!
:babydust:[/quote]

Thank you! I really hope that this spotting is just that ive never gotten my period before ive gotten my blood drawn but I dont know what will happen im still wishing and :pray: for the best. I wish you lots of luck and :bsv: as well.

My situation is very much like yours. I had my 2nd IUI on the 22nd and started spotting yesterday at 11dpiui. For me, spotting is never a good sign, so I also assumed I’m getting AF. I only have one more cycle with Clomid and IUI and then probably have to move onto IVF, too. We have to pay for everything out-of-pocket, so we’re probably going to have to finance it somehow. I hope your spotting means implantation and not AF. Best of luck!!

[quote=OCWife2010]I wish you a lot of luck that you are not out for this cycle yet!

Re buying coverage for IVF, I’ve never heard of something like this. If there is some type of coverage out there, I would assume that prior IF would make it difficult, if not impossible, to qualify for IVF coverage that is financially practical. What you might try doing is calling the clinics in your area to see if any of them do financing packages.

I would also encourage you to do a little research to see if any of your local clinics are doing studies that offer IF couples free treatment cycles depending on whether they qualify. One of my best friends is doing an IVF cycle next month for free because she met the requirements of a study that a local RE clinic was participating in.

Again, wish you a lot of luck.[/quote]

Thank you, I hope this isnt the end as well this is really getting hard and expensive which i dont mind but I might have have to put it on hold to save up. THank you for all the good idea about studies i never thought of that! Good luck with your cycle:cheer:

Thank you I hope were both lucky this time around still :pray: and i wont give up until i have my little one.

Thanks again

it’s still early in the process…have you done ALL injectables yet? seems there are a couple more steps before ivf. if it DOES go there, then try to get into a research study. most patients for studies get their treatments, retrieval, transfer and meds for free!!! (i’m a nurse so i know research)

also, you can’t really buy coverage (infertility IS considered a pre-existing condition) but you may be able to get into a shared risk clinic. with these, you pay up front a set amount, get a certain amount of tries and if no BNF, you get your $ back…

most of us cannot really afford ivf, but you’d be surprised at how you’ll find a way. my work has done several fundraisers, our church has done some, we’ve put our story out there and checks have just showed up, and then of course, there are 401-k accounts to be drawn from…best of luck -a-

If you save each month what you expect to be paying for daycare and diapers, it’s amazing how quickly it adds up.

Maybe look into mini/low stim IVF. I’ve heard of a few girls travelling through IVFVacations.com for IVF. They have a really good success rate. One lady i know has used them 3 times and on her 3rd trip she’s having twin or triplets… i can’t remember right off hand. I’ve heard of some people paying coverage for IVF, but i have no idea how or where they go about that.

If you haven’t tried injections with IUI yet, give that atleast 3 tries before moving onto IVF.

:cross:

[quote=missingmy#2]Maybe look into mini/low stim IVF. I’ve heard of a few girls travelling through IVFVacations.com for IVF. They have a really good success rate. One lady i know has used them 3 times and on her 3rd trip she’s having twin or triplets… i can’t remember right off hand. I’ve heard of some people paying coverage for IVF, but i have no idea how or where they go about that.

If you haven’t tried injections with IUI yet, give that atleast 3 tries before moving onto IVF.

:cross:[/quote]

My RE told me that since my hubby’s morph was at 4% and hasnt changed all year that IVF would be ideal now. I dont know where this is going im just looking into options so that I can be ready to continue with trying.

Thank you for the information i really appreciate it.

[quote=taeandjay2008]My RE told me that since my hubby’s morph was at 4% and hasnt changed all year that IVF would be ideal now. I dont know where this is going im just looking into options so that I can be ready to continue with trying.

Thank you for the information i really appreciate it.[/quote]

I understand dealing with low morph issues. Dh had 2% last year and went and saw a urologist that specializes in male infertility. It is now up to 5%+ which is now normal due to him being on clomid and vitamins. Has he been seen by a urologist?? We got a bfp with IUI with 4/5% morph. It can happen without big money on IVF. RE’s push for IVF bc that is there money maker.

Goodluck :cross: :cross: