IUI not working might have to move on to IVF need help with Insurance information

Hello All,

I had my second IUI on OCT 23rd but I am spotting today and im not sure if it worked I was supposed to go get my blood drawn on Nov 5th but it doenst look like I will need to :af:

Anywho I am trying not to get discouraged and I am trying to weigh my options which at this point is IVF I know that it is really expensive and my insurance does not cover any fertility services. Does anyone know if I can buy coverage for IVF? any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi there! Sorry to hear that the IUI didn’t work, we’ve all been there!

I am not sure about buying coverage. Our insurance doesn’t cover IVF either, so instead of purchasing the plan through ARC, which has an insane interest rate (even for good credit), we both took loans from our 401(k)s to cover the cost. It’s not the most ideal thing to do and gave my DH a heartattack, since he’s in finance, but the only option for us.

Lots of luck in your decision!:flower:

[quote=taeandjay2008]Hello All,

I had my second IUI on OCT 23rd but I am spotting today and im not sure if it worked I was supposed to go get my blood drawn on Nov 5th but it doenst look like I will need to :af:

Anywho I am trying not to get discouraged and I am trying to weigh my options which at this point is IVF I know that it is really expensive and my insurance does not cover any fertility services. Does anyone know if I can buy coverage for IVF? any information would be appreciated.

Thank you[/quote]

Typically no, once you have been diagnosed with infertility, you cannot buy a private plan that will cover it (would be considered a preexisting condition). Only exception MIGHT be if you live in a mandated state, but that depends too. If your current insurance doesn’t cover it, I’m sorry, but you’re probably SOL. (I’m in the same boat, so I understand)

Hi!
I live in a non-mandated state and tried to shop for a self purchase plan that covered IVF. No luck. We tried every insurer in the state.

My advice would be to contribute the max to your FSA account at work. If worst comes to worst, you can max it our for two years and have your IVF between Jan and April of the second year with $10K worth of tax free funds.

Otherwise- talk to your clinic about a discount for self pay and if they have donated meds to keep costs down. Good luck!!

My clinic had information about this program in their office. I don’t use it, so I can’t offer any advice. But thought maybe this could help. Good luck!

Attain IVF | Committed to Your Success | IVF Treatment

[quote=deedee2]My clinic had information about this program in their office. I don’t use it, so I can’t offer any advice. But thought maybe this could help. Good luck!

Attain IVF | Committed to Your Success | IVF Treatment[/quote]

Thank you for the information! good luck to you :cross: