IUI protocols...

Just wanted to take an informal survey on IUI timing and intercourse timing. I’ve recently switched REs…and they did things a little differently.

Old RE:

Trigger shot was apprx. 12 hours before IUI.

New RE:

Trigger shot was apprx. 36 hours before IUI.

Old RE:

Told us to have intercourse the day AFTER the IUI, skip a day and do it again.

New RE: Told to have intercourse the evening of the IUI AND the next night.

What do your doctors have you do? How long after trigger shot is your IUI? When are you told to have sex?

Just wondering…Summer

My RE usually does trigger 36 hours before IUI. This was how my current cycle was. But my first IUI, they told me to trigger and then IUI was 24 hours later. (This was only because everyone was going to be out at a conference on the day I would have gone in if it had been 36 hours). Neither time have they said anything about :dance: after IUI.

We did 36 hours, and intercourse that night and the night after

Mine was 36 hours with BD the night of trigger. However, each time at my final u/s, they told me that the trigger would be that night, but they would call me after my b/w results came back to tell me whether IUI would be 12 or 36 hours later.

My RE does trigger 12 hours prior to IUI. They like to do back IUIs, so one 12 hours after and one 36 hours after trigger shot. The first 2 times we did it, we were unable to do back to back due to scheduling. The third time we did. But the other two times, they told us to BD the next morning.

Thanks for the info. ladies…sound like my new RE is more in line with what your doctors are also recommending. Hopeful I made the right decision in the RE, and will get that BFP!

My RE does iui 24 hours and 48 hours post trigger shot. If you do intercourse only, they recommend doing it the day of and the following 2 days. If you do iui’s they recommend you abstain so the counts are better for the iui.

[quote=summerbaby]Just wanted to take an informal survey on IUI timing and intercourse timing. I’ve recently switched REs…and they did things a little differently.

Old RE:

Trigger shot was apprx. 12 hours before IUI.

New RE:

Trigger shot was apprx. 36 hours before IUI.

Old RE:

Told us to have intercourse the day AFTER the IUI, skip a day and do it again.

New RE: Told to have intercourse the evening of the IUI AND the next night.

What do your doctors have you do? How long after trigger shot is your IUI? When are you told to have sex?

Just wondering…Summer[/quote]