IUI Success & Procedure?

My 1st IUI was BFN Now i am going to start 2nd round of Gonal-f with IUI in march.After my 1st IUI i stopped exerciser /yoga only did Household Chores.
My 1st IUI was in the morning around 10:30 and we did sex at night.
My query; Should i avoid relation with my husband after IUI or it will increase chances of bfp ?
What should i do after iui procedure?
Please share your advice as well your RE advice with you related to IUI ?

My RE says no BD the day of trigger and the day of IUI but any other day is good. We are using frozen sperm so we don’t have to worry about “depleting” his counts. So BDing would just depend on your spouses counts. Other than that - I don’t think there is really anything that can be done or not done to make the IUI more successful or not. It is all based on timing!

My RE suggests BD the same night thats why We did it .

^ we’ve always been told to do the same

We were told to BD as much as we wanted the day of the IUI. (Meaning after he gave his sample.)

I wonder if using frozen is the difference? I asked my RE about BDing times and she said specifically not on trigger day or IUI day because they don’t want to mess anything up and she explained it that his semen has “stuff” (i don’t remember exactly what she said) that could mess up what they are inseminating me with…i guess she means like sperm that is not washed vs sperm that is washed? Not really sure but I thought it was weird, oh well, I will follow her directions! I guess it doesn’t really matter, his counts haven’t gotten us PG so far, lol

[QUOTE=sami388]My 1st IUI was BFN Now i am going to start 2nd round of Gonal-f with IUI in march.After my 1st IUI i stopped exerciser /yoga only did Household Chores.
My 1st IUI was in the morning around 10:30 and we did sex at night.
My query; Should i avoid relation with my husband after IUI or it will increase chances of bfp ?
What should i do after iui procedure?
Please share your advice as well your RE advice with you related to IUI ?[/QUOTE]

My RE advised intercourse the night of trigger, nothing the day after, and encouraged it again the night after IUI.

It worked. :wink:

My RE advises BD on the day of IUI and anytime after as well.