IUI Success rate

Hi,

My husband has low motility rate around 18% :frowning: . Docter suggested us to go for IUI . this is my first time for IUI . Please tell me is it ok to go for IUI with such low motility rate .

Also I am going for regular scan . my docter said my right ovary follicles are reduces where as left ovary follicles are growing . Is it possible that follicles size reduces in one cycle ?

I am so depressed and gets disappointment every month :frowning:

All you need is one good egg and one good swimmer - the rest is in fate’s hands.

IUI is good for male factor because the put the best right where they need to be - they don’t have to work as hard.

There is always hope. You just never know!

Good luck!

If your doctor didn’t think there was a chance I would doubt he would suggest IUI. My DH has very low count and motility and we were told at our 1st conciliation all of our options and a he gave us ball park % rates of success. DH’s numbers were too low for an IUI so we had to consider using donor along with my husbands fresh sample(all you need is 1 good swimmer)

Try to stay positive, and see if there is anything you can change with your husbands diet or lifestyle to help with the #s.

Good luck!

If it makes you feel any better, my husband has low motility AND low count! In fact, we did IUI on Monday with only “a couple million good ones to work with”, according to my doctor and he still seemed positive because of my two eggs…

I am feeling anxious as well, but keeping positive thoughts! Hey, if the doctor thought it looked good, what else can I think, right? :slight_smile:

[quote=wishes]Hi,

My husband has low motility rate around 18% :frowning: . Docter suggested us to go for IUI . this is my first time for IUI . Please tell me is it ok to go for IUI with such low motility rate .

Also I am going for regular scan . my docter said my right ovary follicles are reduces where as left ovary follicles are growing . Is it possible that follicles size reduces in one cycle ?

I am so depressed and gets disappointment every month :([/quote]

Wishes - my dh normally has high motility on all his s/a but for some reason yesterday his motility was really abismally low though count was really high. We had the wash done and the sperm after spinning was grade A motile the nurse said. So I think if your only issue is motility IUI maybe your answer. I’ve also read different labs have different ways of washing as well - doesn’t hurt to try.

Thank a lot everyone … it gives me hope, yesterday i went through IUI . :cross:

Can you please suggest what can be done to increase motility rate.

Thanks again :slight_smile: :thankyou:

The total number of motile sperms matter for your husband. It is possible that limited response is seen in an IUI cycle.

Regards,
Dr. Goral

[QUOTE=wishes]Thank a lot everyone … it gives me hope, yesterday i went through IUI . :cross:

Can you please suggest what can be done to increase motility rate.

Thanks again :slight_smile: :thankyou:[/QUOTE]
My husband was first diagnosed with low motility (26%) in April 2010 and after quitting smoking and taking GNC Mega Men vitamins (sexual health pack) daily, living a generally healthy lifestyle and lowering caffeine intake, his last SA showed his motility at 57%. We are also doing IUI’s for now. Hope this helps, good luck!!!

Second IUI and Cyst

My second IUI is done . Intially doc said I had 2 follicles but after HCG shot only one was able to rapture . After waiting for 2 days doc said its a cyst and no second shot of IUI was done .

Just want to know is Cyst is a trouble and this month also I wont be able to conceive.

Regards,
Wishes