IUI success stories

Hi! I am new to the forum. My husband and I have been TTC for 15 months now. After 2 very early miscarriages :wings: a year ago and then a year of unsuccessful attempts :grr: I am starting to get really discouraged. Everybody around us is getting :preg: like crazy, and while I am genuinely happy for all of our friends, I am also very bitter and I cannot help it… We did a lot of tests and there is really nothing too abnormal that would explain why we cannot get pregnant anymore… Nevertheless, the doc put me on Clomid and suggested to try IUI. If somebody could share their success stories with Clomid and IUI that would help me a lot… I am an emotional wreck these days… Thank you ladies!!:flower:

Lots of BFPs at http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/intrauterine-insemination-iui/273160-bfp-status-iuis.html!!

I have some what of a success story.

We had been trying for 7 years and 11 months when we got our bfp from our first IUI that was with clomid and trigger. We were pregnant with triplets, lost 2 early on. Then we ended up losing our son. But it was a freak act of nature that we lost our son. But a BFP happend.

Goodluck :cross:

Tiffany, I am so increadibly sorry about your loss. I cannot even imagine loosing a baby at 15 weeks…Wishing you best of luck and crossing my fingers for you!!!:babydust: :cross:

Thanks for the link!:slight_smile:

I am a newbee here

My DH and I have been doing IUI treatments for three months. I am really praying that this time is THE TIME for us. According to my RE my cycle was right on this month. He also mentioned that the two IUI’s which we did within 24 hours of each other couldn’t have been timed better! So now I am in my 2WW and just keeping our fingers crossed for that BFP…

Last night I had cramping for about 45 minutes so I am wondering if anyone out there has experienced the same?:flower:

[QUOTE=kalika]My DH and I have been doing IUI treatments for three months. I am really praying that this time is THE TIME for us. According to my RE my cycle was right on this month. He also mentioned that the two IUI’s which we did within 24 hours of each other couldn’t have been timed better! So now I am in my 2WW and just keeping our fingers crossed for that BFP…

Last night I had cramping for about 45 minutes so I am wondering if anyone out there has experienced the same?:flower:[/QUOTE]
Kalika, best of luck this month. Hopefully that was implantation cramping last night. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

[QUOTE=babydream]Hi! I am new to the forum. My husband and I have been TTC for 15 months now. After 2 very early miscarriages :wings: a year ago and then a year of unsuccessful attempts :grr: I am starting to get really discouraged. Everybody around us is getting :preg: like crazy, and while I am genuinely happy for all of our friends, I am also very bitter and I cannot help it… We did a lot of tests and there is really nothing too abnormal that would explain why we cannot get pregnant anymore… Nevertheless, the doc put me on Clomid and suggested to try IUI. If somebody could share their success stories with Clomid and IUI that would help me a lot… I am an emotional wreck these days… Thank you ladies!!:flower:[/QUOTE]
Babydream, I got pregnant from my 2nd iui so it can happen. As you can see in my signature my beta numbers haven’t risen as they should have so I will likely miscarry. Now that I know it can work I’m eager to give iui another try. Best of luck to you!

Hi Babydream,

I got pregnant at my 1st IUI cycle in November and am now 7 weeks :preg:. I was also put on clomid with one repronex shot, estrace tablet to help thicken my uterus lining and progesterone suppository to sustain the pregnancy.

I was told by my RE that IUI success rate is about 10 to 15% per cycle. I think you should definitely try a few cycles before moving to IVF or other options.

Good Luck!

I got preg from my first IUI and am having twins :clap: Im going on 10 weeks now :woohoo:

Hi Babydream! my husband and i were TTC for 6 years, two RE’s later, and 3 years wasted, we finally did IUI with clomid and trigger shot in early December and got our BFP last week. we had no serious reason for not concieving either.

Kalika, i havent stopped cramping since 4dpiui. i have no idea when i implanted, seems some have it and some do not, i do all the time, along with back aches, my tummy muscles feel like i did a million crunches, etc etc. i love to feel it every day, makes me remember that i have my little one in there. Good luck!!

Sending you all :bsv: :flower:

As you can see from my sig, we got our BFP on our first try with donor sperm. It can and does happen, I just really feel it is a matter of timing. We are currently 6 weeks along, and I am just :pray: that my little bean continues to do well!!

Silverelyning: I see that you are using donor sperm. I am in the same situation and I was wondering which cryobank you purchased your donor vials from? This month was my fourth IUI however it was my first on injectables. My docor started me out on 150units of gonal-f for 5 days followed by 75units day six then the morning of day seven ovidrel. I ended up with 2 follies and my IUI was 5 days early. The doctor did not expect my body to react to the meds so quickly.
I went this Thursday for my IUI and I had two bad vials of donor sperm this month :grr: . I am so upset. I am a needlephob to begin with so I talk myself everynight into my injection and then boom my donor sperm is bad!!! The interesting part is the past two months I have been getting vials from the same donor as this month and the sample numbers were amazing! My docs office told me to stay with this donor due to the numbers he produces. I contacted California Cryobank and they are in contact with my RE office so they are waiting to see if I am pregnant this month. I was wondering if you used Fairfax,CCB or another bank which I am not aware of. My DH and I are looking into switching if we need to.

Thank you ladies for all the sticky vibes and feedback! I am still trying and currnetly on my 2WW… I hope that AF stays away this month! Trying to stay positive considering my donor sperm was bad this month! :bsv: to all!

Sooo NEW to this!

The hubby and I have been TTC for 3.5yrs!
In 2010 we found out sooo much!!
In May of 2010 I was told I have ashermans syndrome (when adhesions grow inside the uterus) I found this out by having a HSG test done. So I had to have a hysteroscopy done in August to remove the adhesions. We were told we should be pregnant within 3months post surgery. I gave it 5months and each time a :bfn: SO I insisted my Hubby have a sperm analysis done since my Doc told me all was fine with me. Ovulate on time, reg. periods, flowing tubes etc:cheer: Jan 2011 we found out the hubby has a low sperm count:grr: They have prescribed him antibiotics hoping its a low-lying infection and his sperm count will increase once he completes his meds at the end of Feb. We :pray: that this works if not we wil do IUI!! Do you guys think are chances are good with IUI if my only problem is the adhesions possibly growing back and his low-sperm count??? My Doc wont give me clomid cause he says I dont need it. Sooo Im wondering will the IUI alone do the trick? :cross: and:pray: because its been a long almost 4yrs and a eye-opening 2010!! But Im Thankful God has brought us this far;)

My signature pretty much sums up my success story. TTC w/ clomid 50mg + TI x3 (all failed), then clomid 100mg + TI x3 (all failed) then clomid 150mg + IUI = success!!! Total TTC time = 14months. I had a great pregnancy & delivered DD at 39w by scheduled C-section.

I was just saying to someone the other day… God knew what he was doing when he gave us DD with our 1st IUI. If I had gone through THEN what I’m going through NOW, we wouldn’t be trying for a sibling. So I can sympathize w/ your frustration. It can be very hard when people around you are getting PG au naturale. Or when people don’t understand. If another person tells me to “relax” & “not worry”… If one more person tells me “don’t try & it will happen”… If another person tries to give me advice on “spicing up” my sex life/romance… I AM GOING TO SCREAM!!! They really don’t get it. I explained it to my mom this way (regarding what I go thru emotionally every month). Its like spending 2 weeks of every month waiting for biopsy results. My mind plays tricks on me. I am consumed with the outcome (either way) & what that will mean for the future. I am consumed with over-analyzing every little twinge, gas pain, back pain, etc. I am consumed with doing everything right (avoiding caffeine, alcohol, taking vitamins, etc.). Its so emotionally taxing. But I have not yet run out of hope. As long as I have the littlest spark of hope, we’ll keep trying. And THAT’S what you have to hold onto in your darkest moments. When you’re sure you’ll never get your turn, look deep & hard. Do you see that little light? That’s hope. And that’s what will get you through all the meds, testing/monitoring, & the horrible 2ww.

:pray: for a :bfp: for you very soon!

[quote=kalika]Silverelyning: I see that you are using donor sperm. I am in the same situation and I was wondering which cryobank you purchased your donor vials from? This month was my fourth IUI however it was my first on injectables. My docor started me out on 150units of gonal-f for 5 days followed by 75units day six then the morning of day seven ovidrel. I ended up with 2 follies and my IUI was 5 days early. The doctor did not expect my body to react to the meds so quickly.
I went this Thursday for my IUI and I had two bad vials of donor sperm this month :grr: . I am so upset. I am a needlephob to begin with so I talk myself everynight into my injection and then boom my donor sperm is bad!!! The interesting part is the past two months I have been getting vials from the same donor as this month and the sample numbers were amazing! My docs office told me to stay with this donor due to the numbers he produces. I contacted California Cryobank and they are in contact with my RE office so they are waiting to see if I am pregnant this month. I was wondering if you used Fairfax,CCB or another bank which I am not aware of. My DH and I are looking into switching if we need to.

Thank you ladies for all the sticky vibes and feedback! I am still trying and currnetly on my 2WW… I hope that AF stays away this month! Trying to stay positive considering my donor sperm was bad this month! :bsv: to all![/quote]

I am so sorry I didn’t respond to this post sooner. I only just saw it. I used Midwest Sperm Bank out of Chicago. They were very helpful and friendly!

Good luck! You can PM me with any other questions.

@Nic-Paul

It has been an emotional rollercoaster some days Im sooo optimistic and all smiles and the the next week Im balling my eyes out wondering when will our time come!! I feel like this will be our year to finally see a :bfp:
Congrats on your:preg: I will be overwhelmed with joy:dance: and tears when it happens for me!!! LOL
I know Gods timing is perfect so we will continue :cross: :pray:
best of luck to all and:bsv: