IUI timing...6pm surge, should I have my IUI in the am?

I tested for a surge this afternoon at like 3pm and got a negative, tested again at like 630 pm and got a positive-happy face. Should I make sure they schedule my IUI for tomorrow morning?

They always schedule my IUI for the morning following a positive surge but they always say to take the test between 10 and 11am and then call for the next morning appt. But, I didn’t get a positive surge till this evening as I said.

That make sense?

It should be more like the next morning (not the morning after your positive) because it should be about 36 hours from the beginning of your surge. They say to test in the morning because usually your surge will start the night before and then doing the IUI the next morning would be 36 hours later. Make sure you let them know the timing of your surge. Let us know what they say.

[quote=darcimarie]I tested for a surge this afternoon at like 3pm and got a negative, tested again at like 630 pm and got a positive-happy face. Should I make sure they schedule my IUI for tomorrow morning?

They always schedule my IUI for the morning following a positive surge but they always say to take the test between 10 and 11am and then call for the next morning appt. But, I didn’t get a positive surge till this evening as I said.

That make sense?[/quote]

My office always said that if you get a natural + that you should call and book an appt for next day. If using the HCG trigger shot 36 hours after.

My RE office says the same as qbfan.