Iui timing

Got a positive opk around 1pm today and triggered at 4. My dr wants me to come in tomorrow for iui which will be at 1. We haven’t done an iui with a trigger and I am kind of worried about the timing. I know when I had a trigger before I ovulated 40 hours later but I was not surging either when I got the trigger. What if I ovulate on my own tonight??? Or what if I don’t ovulate until 40 hours then my iui will be way off!!! Anyone have an opinion about this?

So I started cramping at 5:30 (1 1/2 hours after trigger) can I possibly be ovulating already? Again, I had a positive opk at 1pm after a negative (close positive) at 9:30 am. I will check my temp in AM. :pray: it’s still down. But if anyone has any input I’d appreciate it

I only did once a trigger shot. It was done at 8.30pm and the doctor said that my IUI will be 8.30am the next day.
I think you will be fine. Best of everything!!!:bsv:

I think that your timing is perfect! The cramping that you were feeling yesterday could have just been your follicles having a little growth spurt from the trigger shot. The IUI cycle that I conceived my daughter I also got my +OPK at 1pm and then I had my IUI at 11:30am the next morning. I didn’t use a trigger shot though. I wish you the best and hope that your IUI goes well today and that you get a BFP in a couple of weeks! :bsv:

For what it’s worth, when I triggered on my successful cycle it went something like this:

Triggered on a Wednesday evening at 9pm. + OPK the next morning around 9am. IUI 9am on Friday morning. Two hours after the IUI, I immediately felt ovulatory pain.

Voila!

I’ll let my siggy speak for itself. :cross: for you!! :slight_smile:

Based on my experience, I think your timing is perfect.

With my last IUI, I was NOT surging and triggered 40 hours before IUI. They do u/s right before IUI, and I saw one of my eggs in the middle of ovulation and two others getting ready. I had my first positive ever with that cycle (ended in miscarriage but it shows the timing was perfect).

With other IUIs, I always surged before the trigger. They at first scheduled me for two days after the trigger even though I was already surging. Each time the u/s on the day of IUI confirmed that I did ovulate, but I always thought the timing was off (too late).

I asked the Dr. to schedule me for the day after the trigger if I already surged, and we got the timing right this way as well. For example, in April, I surged on my own, triggered in the afternoon (4 or 5pm) and had IUI done the next day in the afternoon (4pm). The u/s showed that I just ovulated (saw the fluid).

I also temp and check on the signs of my body. Now I know my body ovulates the day after the surge (OPK with smiley face) OR 40 hours after trigger if there is no surge. If your body works like mine, your timing can’t be better than this! Good luck!!

Iui drugs

[QUOTE=Charara]Based on my experience, I think your timing is perfect.

With my last IUI, I was NOT surging and triggered 40 hours before IUI. They do u/s right before IUI, and I saw one of my eggs in the middle of ovulation and two others getting ready. I had my first positive ever with that cycle (ended in miscarriage but it shows the timing was perfect).

With other IUIs, I always surged before the trigger. They at first scheduled me for two days after the trigger even though I was already surging. Each time the u/s on the day of IUI confirmed that I did ovulate, but I always thought the timing was off (too late).

I asked the Dr. to schedule me for the day after the trigger if I already surged, and we got the timing right this way as well. For example, in April, I surged on my own, triggered in the afternoon (4 or 5pm) and had IUI done the next day in the afternoon (4pm). The u/s showed that I just ovulated (saw the fluid).

I also temp and check on the signs of my body. Now I know my body ovulates the day after the surge (OPK with smiley face) OR 40 hours after trigger if there is no surge. If your body works like mine, your timing can’t be better than this! Good luck!![/QUOTE]

Charara---- I see you did iui with injectibles- can you tell me how much and what cycle days u did them on? I am wanting to use up my meds and am on cycle day 2 right now… Someone on boards said 75mg follistim every other day 6-9 but that’s only 2 days of meds and seems late in the cycle-- what were you told?

[QUOTE=marcycantrell]Charara---- I see you did iui with injectibles- can you tell me how much and what cycle days u did them on? I am wanting to use up my meds and am on cycle day 2 right now… Someone on boards said 75mg follistim every other day 6-9 but that’s only 2 days of meds and seems late in the cycle-- what were you told?[/QUOTE]

marcycantrell:
Well, I don’t know if my experience is going to help you, but here is what I’ve done. First of all, I am a SUPER responder. My body is always sensitive to drugs, so if I’m taking cold meds with the regular dose of 2 pills a day for an adult, I take one, and that’s more than enough.

In Oct 2012, I did Clomid and Follistim. Took Clomid (50mg) from Day 3 to Day 7 with Follistim 50iu on Day 6&8, 75 iu on Day 9, 100 on Day 10 (got 5 mature follicles—too soon, suggesting low quality eggs). I learned Clomid was too strong for my body. Its effect lasted well into the next month (hot flashes, night sweats…).
In Jan 2013, I did Follistim only of 25iu/day from Day 3 to Day 7, 50iu on Day 8, 9 & 10, and 75iu on Day 11 & 12.
In Mar 2013, I did Follistim only again but upped the dose to 50iu/day from Day 4 to Day 8 and 75iu on Day 9 & 10, and 100iu on Day 11 & 12.
In May/June 2013, which ended up with miscarriage, I did Femara and Follistim. Took Femara (2.5mg/day) from Day 4 to 8 with 100iu of Follistim on Day 7, 9, and 11.

The dosage highly varies from patient to patient. My doctor has to watch me closely to prevent OHSS due to my sensitivity to meds and also my PCO tendancy. You should definitely discuss with your doctor, and a good doctor should listen to you while giving you sound professional advice.

I hope you can work this out with your doctor!