IUI with Gonal-F or Follitism?

Hello, gals.
Well it’s a quiet Sunday and I’m working on a “road-to-pregnancy” schedule.

It’s my first try with acupuncture this month, and I would like to continue acupuncture with IUIs for 2 more cycles before I try something else (possibly IVF with DE). So if this cycle is negative (I’ll find out next week), I’m looking at two other IUI attempts around:

• [B]Dec 3[/B]
  • [B]Jan 1[/B]

My first IUI was with [B]Clomid[/B], and while the RE was very happy with my response (3-4 follies), I developed a large cyst and don’t want to use the same drug. So for my next two attempts, [B]I would like to try possibly Gonal-F or Follitism[/B], as it seems that many women have had success with them. The injections scare me a little bit, but what do you gals think:

Gonal-F or Follitism (or another drug), which one do you like the best? And how many follicles did you have with these meds?

Gonal-F and Follistism are the same type of drug… I heard follistism is more expensive than goanl-f. Depending if your insurance covers the drug, will depend on which one you get… I always got gonal-f… My office gave me follistim since they wanted me to start before i received my medications, from my insurance company… once i received the gonal-f then i will give them that prescription as an even exchange… but i got my medication on time and used gonal-f the entire time…

[quote=HopefulinNY]Hello, gals.
Well it’s a quiet Sunday and I’m working on a “road-to-pregnancy” schedule.

It’s my first try with acupuncture this month, and I would like to continue acupuncture with IUIs for 2 more cycles before I try something else (possibly IVF with DE). So if this cycle is negative (I’ll find out next week), I’m looking at two other IUI attempts around:

• [B]Dec 3[/B]
  • [B]Jan 1[/B]

My first IUI was with [B]Clomid[/B], and while the RE was very happy with my response (3-4 follies), I developed a large cyst and don’t want to use the same drug. So for my next two attempts, [B]I would like to try possibly Gonal-F or Follitism[/B], as it seems that many women have had success with them. The injections scare me a little bit, but what do you gals think:

Gonal-F or Follitism (or another drug), which one do you like the best? And how many follicles did you have with these meds?[/quote]

I’ve done 3 of my 4 IUI’s with Follistim. 2 were chemical pregnancies. Im on my 5th IUI with follistim. Since you responded well on clomid, you’ll probably get started on a low dose.

I noticed no difference between the 2, this will be my 3rd cycle w/iui and injectibles. Biggest negative was the very significant weight/water/abd size increase I had each cycle but getting back at my daily exercising so am hoping that will go far, far away. Good luck to you.

Thank you so much for the replies–very helpful! :clap: