IVF 3 need suggestions!

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum.Was trying to conceive naturally since 2 years.After RE 's suggestion within 4 months we did 2 ivf all negative.i got negative for 2nd ivf yesterday.It was heartbreaking for both of us.I have many qs in mind.

1. Whether 3rd one will be successful

2. Should I think abt new RE.

3.As RE says my endometrium is very good…why embryos don’t survive…Is it Bcoz of the quality of embroys?

4.Anyone got success in 3rd ivf…what I can do before starting ivf or after embroy transfer for a positive result.

5.RE said you let me know when you want to go for 3rd cycle…I m worried he is nt investigating why implantation is failing repeatedly…It is really mental torture to keep doing it …without knowing the route cause…

I am really disappointed with the 2nd failure…:grr:
Really need your advices friends.

Thanks in advance…:thankyou: :thankyou:

Ivf1 : 5 egg retrieved 2 fertilized n two transferred one 3 cell n. one 4 cell:bfn:

Ivf 2: 5 egg retrieved 5 fertilized n 2 transferred cell don’t know.(none to freeze):bfn:

Me: 28 yrs irregular period pcos
DH: 32 yrs motility issue

5 eggs retrieved from a 28 year old seems extremely low. Has the RE given any reasons why you are producing such a small number of eggs? If there’s not something else going on, then based on that it certainly sounds like your protocol needs to be adjusted.

We finally had success on our 3rd IVF cycle, so it is possible. The only thing we did differently was added DHEA, Royal Jelly, and CoQ10. Who knows if those actually did the trick, but our RE did say that the appearance of the eggs looked much better on this last cycle. Good luck to you!

The first IVF you had a minimal number of embryos did you transfer on day 3 ? If so the cell count number is pretty poor my RE wouldn’t give those much of a chance at implantation if it was day 2 which is unusual then they were ok but it’s almost impossible to tell quality so early

I see you have pcos it’s not typical for a pcoser to produce 5 eggs not that it’s a bad thing of they’re good quality but it sounds like maybe u have issues with the usual pcos egg quality issues along with sperm issues

Its hard to make opinions with out more info like the protocol you’re on your baseline labs how many days you stimmed what your follicle count and estrogen levels were at trigger ect

If it were me I’d find a new RE these results really arent typical of someone young with pcos. Or schedule an appointment an ask what he would do differently and why also why he thinks he got poor results

It’s totally plausable to get a BFP on the 3rd go and with in a normal expectation but … You can’t do the same thing over and over and expect a different result

I hope you get answers and more importantly a baby this year… Good luck and be your own advocate

[QUOTE=MDH_DH]5 eggs retrieved from a 28 year old seems extremely low. Has the RE given any reasons why you are producing such a small number of eggs? If there’s not something else going on, then based on that it certainly sounds like your protocol needs to be adjusted.

We finally had success on our 3rd IVF cycle, so it is possible. The only thing we did differently was added DHEA, Royal Jelly, and CoQ10. Who knows if those actually did the trick, but our RE did say that the appearance of the eggs looked much better on this last cycle. Good luck to you![/QUOTE]

Dear MDH_DH

thanks for replying…That’s what I am also concerned about the no. Of eggs…2 ivfs the no of ER same 5. No improvement.its very true my RE will have to work hard to find a appropriate protocol for me…

His ans to all my question is I DON’T KNOW why it happened.Overall I am not getting a satisfactory ans from him.I will take appointment with him to ask what new he is going to do…or it will be the same “I don’t know”.then I will think of changing RE.

Thx again

[QUOTE=sorcet]The first IVF you had a minimal number of embryos did you transfer on day 3 ? If so the cell count number is pretty poor my RE wouldn’t give those much of a chance at implantation if it was day 2 which is unusual then they were ok but it’s almost impossible to tell quality so early

I see you have pcos it’s not typical for a pcoser to produce 5 eggs not that it’s a bad thing of they’re good quality but it sounds like maybe u have issues with the usual pcos egg quality issues along with sperm issues

Its hard to make opinions with out more info like the protocol you’re on your baseline labs how many days you stimmed what your follicle count and estrogen levels were at trigger ect

If it were me I’d find a new RE these results really arent typical of someone young with pcos. Or schedule an appointment an ask what he would do differently and why also why he thinks he got poor results

It’s totally plausable to get a BFP on the 3rd go and with in a normal expectation but … You can’t do the same thing over and over and expect a different result

I hope you get answers and more importantly a baby this year… Good luck and be your own advocate[/QUOTE]

Dear Sorcet,

Thanks for replying…

For my IVF 1 :

ET is 2d.I was also wondering why he didn’t transfer it on day3.

Stim days 19 days
Gonal F dose 112…and half dose lueveris from 10th day

For IVF 2 :

ET is 3d.
Stimm days 12
Gonal F dose 112…along with half dose lueveris.

Only difference is he started lueveris this time from the first day of stimm

I have so many qs in my mind…but when I ask my RE he says I don’t know …

Thinking to change RE as I never get a satisfactory ans from him.

[QUOTE=Lisa294]Dear MDH_DH

thanks for replying…That’s what I am also concerned about the no. Of eggs…2 ivfs the no of ER same 5. No improvement.its very true my RE will have to work hard to find a appropriate protocol for me…

His ans to all my question is I DON’T KNOW why it happened.Overall I am not getting a satisfactory ans from him.I will take appointment with him to ask what new he is going to do…or it will be the same “I don’t know”.then I will think of changing RE.

Thx again[/QUOTE]

It sounds like your RE sucks. If all they went to medschool for a decade, they should have a better idea than “gee wiz, I don’t know.” Sorry to sound so crass, but I [I]hate[/I] it when patients are kept in the dark and not made to understand what’s going on. Maybe I’m wrong about her/him, but if you’ve done 2 IVF cycles, your RE should be bouncing about busily with all that she/he should have learned. Every cycle that didn’t produce a baby is an opportunity, not a failure. An opportunity to garner new information and succeed on the next one. It sounds like your egg supply is wonky, but your egg quality is very good if you were able to transfer with only 5 eggs retrieved! Wow! There’s no reason why a third cycle can’t succeed.

Your RE should be recommending some of the medications, like Pregnitude, that could dramatically increase your egg supply and quality (like our RE did for us!) She/he should be recommending new diets or exercise or a littany of other things that will improve your odds.

So I’m sure we’d all love to look at your case in greater depth, but we need your numbers for the last two cycles, if you don’t mind. So for instance…

—What were your betas, progesterone, AMH’s, etc. for each cycle?

—What was your weight, height, and physical activity level? This could be a very important issue.

—Did you do a micro cycle? With five eggs, it looks like it. Sometimes young women with no known issues are recommended micro cycles over conventional cycles.

—Did you do ICSI for sperm?

—Did your husband do a male reproductive health panel to see if there was sperm decondensation issues? (aka, if his sperm had DNA problems). I’m not talking about a typical semen analysis. Sometimes failure to implant or a miscarriage is the result of DNA structural problems which prevents DNA translation and effective cell replication in a new embryo. People are quick to blame women first when no baby comes bouncing along, but its just as often the man’s issue.

So I hope you feel better :frowning: The best advice I can give to raising your spirits, though, is to get as much information as possible and take matters into your own hands! You’re still young! You’ve got lot’s of time!

Hi. Lisa

I also agree you should change RE. If you’re not getting the answers you want/need from him change. You need a RE that you’r comfortable with.

Make sure you get a copy of all your records for the new RE. Good luck

[QUOTE=Lisa294]Dear MDH_DH

Thx again[/QUOTE]
Hi Lisa…I will change the RE to be in your place. Do some research and go meet with other REs, have your IVFs history handy at the appts and get more answers. You will have success!!! Good luck :slight_smile:

Dear Demian,

Thanks for encouraging…I hope all things you think should be done my RE also thinks the same way.I think he is little bit overconfident. The questions you asked I really have no knowledge about those :(…As they don’t give any record of tests.neither they inform us about beta,progesteron n AMH.I don’t know what is micro cycle either …really sorry for that…No ICSI for sperm.DNA thing also we didn’t do. We are new to this n have really little knowledge…I think RE should tell about all these things to us.
I am little overweight.I do only yoga.no other activities.

n about embroys cell I got to know after googling things.after my 1st failed cycle I asked my RE,then he told one was 3 cell n other one was 4.

This time I didn’t ask (as I thought if again 3/4 cell I may have negative thoughts) he also didn’t inform anything.

Maximum no. Of embroys he can put is 2 as per govt law here.

He didn’t advice to anything.so I googled everything for 2nd ivf .I ate pinapple core n took full bedrest etc.

I think now I need break to get out of these failures.

The qs u have asked I will definitely ask my RE.

Thank u very much for support ,concern and your valuable time

Thank u Bluehope, Logan

will definitely think about it.I got my beta negative yesterday…I feel so low…:(…me n my hubby are trying hard to come out of this situation.

Lisa 19 days is a hugely long time to stim … Even 12 days for a pcoser is long that may be some of the problem te good news is I think you have a lot of wiggle room as far as stimming goes. I think metformin would help with egg quality as another poster said if you aren’t in great shape get there maybe an antagonist protocol would work for you typically pcos gals go there and not on lupron. 3/4 cells on day 2 is what you’d want however my thought is they transfer day 2 bc of how few embryos you had and didn’t want to risk having nothing day 3. I’d get out of that office I don’t know is never an acceptable answer from a phycisian.

Dear Sorcet

I will definitely work on it what you have said…

I am really thankful for your concern :slight_smile:

Best wishes

[quote=Lisa294]Dear Demian,

Thanks for encouraging…I hope all things you think should be done my RE also thinks the same way.I think he is little bit overconfident. The questions you asked I really have no knowledge about those :(…As they don’t give any record of tests.neither they inform us about beta,progesteron n AMH.I don’t know what is micro cycle either …really sorry for that…No ICSI for sperm.DNA thing also we didn’t do. We are new to this n have really little knowledge…I think RE should tell about all these things to us.
I am little overweight.I do only yoga.no other activities.

n about embroys cell I got to know after googling things.after my 1st failed cycle I asked my RE,then he told one was 3 cell n other one was 4.

This time I didn’t ask (as I thought if again 3/4 cell I may have negative thoughts) he also didn’t inform anything.

Maximum no. Of embroys he can put is 2 as per govt law here.

He didn’t advice to anything.so I googled everything for 2nd ivf .I ate pinapple core n took full bedrest etc.

I think now I need break to get out of these failures.

The qs u have asked I will definitely ask my RE.

Thank u very much for support ,concern and your valuable time[/quote]

Lisa, it sounds like you definitely need a new RE. Remember, doctors are normal people too: some are highly competent and motivated and others think they are, but are no where close. Your RE is probably saying “I don’t know” to a lot of your questions because its easier for him not to have to answer.

I could be wrong about your RE, but mine did everything in his power to give us all of our numbers as well as made sure we understood them. He’s the kind of guy that will give you a hug before you leave his office, every time you visit. Having an RE that really cares can make all of the difference.

If you can, demand that they give you the information from all of your tests throughout both of your cycles. AMH is the big thing to know at this juncture.

Also, a micro cycle is a cycle where they give you less medication and retrieve fewer eggs. Women who are young and in ideal condition sometimes choose micro cycles because it is less expensive and they don’t want to have a lot of extra embryos left over. Micro cycles can also be used as a diagnostic tool to experiment before bigger cycles, too. Remember, a woman in ideal health can have dozens of eggs retrieved on a conventional cycle. Since you are young with no apparent problems, I wonder whether your RE made you do a micro cycle. If he did, you might want to go with a conventional cycle for your third attempt because you would get many more eggs to work with. With more eggs, your embryos could be allowed to develop to day 5, which would dramatically increase your odds of successfully implanting and avoiding miscarriage.

As for weight, it isn’t very important for older women over the age of 35 to be normal weight, but for someone your age, it is [I]very [/I]important. Being normal/ideal weight decreases the cost of medication, increases the chance of implantation, increases the response to stims (more eggs!) and decreases the chance of miscarriage. The best thing you can do right now after a failed cycle is to feel actively involved in succeeding on the next, and a good way to do that is to take up a dedicated exercise regiment and a good diet with lower calories and lots of vegetables with folate. It worked wonders for my wife and I.

I’m sorry to carpet bomb you with all of this information. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Oh, and what clinic do you use, by the way? There is a lot of data out there on clinic success, though it does take a little bit of interpretation to understand.

Dear Demian,

Thanks for such useful informations.I was unaware of these.If you let me know what diet your RE has recomended or any diet you followed that would be a great help for me.(I am vegetarian)

I am with fch clinic.

[QUOTE=Lisa294]Dear Demian,

Thanks for such useful informations.I was unaware of these.If you let me know what diet your RE has recomended or any diet you followed that would be a great help for me.(I am vegetarian)

I am with fch clinic.[/QUOTE]

Shucks, your a vegetarian? That makes things easy! Your RE should have put you on some folic acid supplements, but getting folate from food is good too. Here is a list of all of the foods that are high in folate:

Fruits & Veggies More Matters : Best of: Folate : Health Benefits of Fruits & Vegetables

You’ll want to shed some weight so that your body mass index is in the normal range for your height. Try to be fairly strict and get some kind of calorie counting aid. If you have a smart phone, there are some fantastic smart phone apps that do most of the work for you.

Most importantly, you want to get regular cardiovascular exercise. If you could walk an hour a day, that would make a tremendous difference. Exercise tends to cut down on visceral fat (the fat that builds up in your organs, blood vessels, etc.), which is very important. You’ll find that when you start getting in better shape, it can really take your mind off of all the stress of fertility treatments.

Hi… Again great infos…

I will follow all your advice…:)every positive things said by you giving me more strength to fight back.

I thank u from the bottom of my heart for your valuable time

one more question …Can I have folic acid tabs(I have many tabs left I was having before when I was trying to conceive naturally) If RE doesn’t prescribe also? I mean there is no harm or side effect of folate if i take tabs on my own without RE’s recommendation…

Yes…I took over the counter Folic Acid pills with out the Dr. Permission…Lisa Good luck…you’re heading in the right direction.

Demian…You are amazing…I just want to say thank you for putting your time and engery out there to advise Lisa as much as you have…:clap:

Hey Logan

Thank u very very much…

I really feel positive after talking to you all lovely people.

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

I hope by the blessing of god n all your good wishes I will get :preg: :pray: :cross: …Now I after considering all suggestion …I m thinking to to take 2 or 3 months break so that I make diet changes n workout.

Best wishes