Getting closer!!! Glad you all will be on a similar time line.
Gwen: I am not sure the names but I think I am doing the antagonist and was on the long lupron. My RE doesn’t give me the names of the protocol. I was on the long lupron where you start on day 21 the month before and continue through stims… Now I am doing two weeks of birth control to supress me and will add ganirelix to prevent ovulation. I didn’t get a lot of eggs with the long lupron so they figure they would try this. My good friend did it the opposite way and was successful with the lupron and not the BCPills. Hopefully switching will be the answer or that is how I feel at least. The last protocol didn’t work so it can’t hurt to try this. I also feel that I ressponded well during my IUI’s and actually had 5 follicles the last cycle so maybe using ganirelix is better for me.
Heather- As you get closer to ovulation you add ganirelix every night to prevent ovulation. I am amazed that you have so many follicles already developing! My AF is only 5 or something like that! IT SUCKS!! But I totally agree that it is frustrating not to have a tangible diagnosis. I almost wanted blocked tubes or endometriosis so I could fix it. Nothing you can do about DOR.
Aryan- Question? Why are you asking for your embryos to be grown to day 5? Since my numbers have been low I have always done a day 3 and wondered about growing to day 5 but my office wont do it. They feel day 3’s might live inside while they might not make it in the dish. Is there a reason you are going to day 5?
Gwen I totally get your wedding issue. I had first decided to take off the whole summer and start again in Sept but got really excited and decided to start early. When I went on BC pills I thought I would be on them for 3-4 weeks but it was only for two weeks… SO the timing was faster than I thought and i got nervous ER would be the weekend we are hosting my husbands family for a pool party (about 30 people). My DH decided to cancel the party. He figured even if ER wasn’t that day, which it wont be but might be trigger day, I would be close and very uncomfortable. I think he was looking for a reason to cancel but I feel bad anyway. I know a baby is more important than a stupid family party but I guess i feel bad that I didnt’ just wait another month like i planned and then it would not be an issue.
The other major pain about changing the party is that know all 5 of my DH brothers and sisters know we are doing our next round of IVF and I was hoping to keep this one a secret as not to have to tell everyone it didn’t work.
Ah well. Excited to start anyway!