IVF #3 or more in July/August?

Anozi I am willing to bet you are in labor right now. :cross:

I am still the same no changes.

Chica, your LO will be much calmer at home. They ususally need a few days to adjust their systems to the outside world. You and Maya both will sleep better at home the nurses bother you every hour on the hour at the hospital.

Ade–should be coming home today. Hopefully Little E is off the dome and ready to go home.

Good morning Fly - No not yet in labor but feeling unbelievable amounts of pressure in my pelvis. Did the deed last night. Hoping that either contractions start soon or my water breaks. My dr is going to be on call starting this evening. So far my baby has been good doing things how I want him to, so I plan on sitting in my room and talking him out :slight_smile: Really :cross: crossed for me. I would love my ob to be the one. but most of all to meet my lil baby who I pray is healthy and happy. will be keeping you posted.
Fly - maybe allie is taking her time since she did give you a few scares earlier in the weeks :slight_smile: As long as you feel her active and moving around; I am sure she will be out soon too. It would have been kinda awesome if both of us go in together so we can all start sharing baby stories and advices.

[quote=Anozi]Good morning Fly - No not yet in labor but feeling unbelievable amounts of pressure in my pelvis. Did the deed last night. Hoping that either contractions start soon or my water breaks. My dr is going to be on call starting this evening. So far my baby has been good doing things how I want him to, so I plan on sitting in my room and talking him out :slight_smile: Really :cross: crossed for me. I would love my ob to be the one. but most of all to meet my lil baby who I pray is healthy and happy. will be keeping you posted.
Fly - maybe allie is taking her time since she did give you a few scares earlier in the weeks :slight_smile: As long as you feel her active and moving around; I am sure she will be out soon too. It would have been kinda awesome if both of us go in together so we can all start sharing baby stories and advices.[/quote]

Anozi I can’t wait. I think you will definitely go this weekend. You are so close.

I am also constantly talking to Allie letting her know that we are all waiting on her and what a great life she is going to have with us. Hopefully she believes me :slight_smile:

It is a little hard because my 13 year old has her first formal school dance coming up and she wants me to help her find a dress and do other things with her this weekend and I am so limited to what I normally can do. I feel bad. :frowning: She has her Dad and Stepdad but she does not want them she wants Mom. I am ready for Allie to come so I can hold her, of course and begin getting back to normal or rather the new normal.

awww Fly. I feel for your dd too. Its gotta tough. Of course she wants her mommy for these girly things. Who knows maybe Allie will let you take some time out for you dd. You may get that burst of energy just enough to get you through some shopping :slight_smile:
I am so happy you are here. Like I said I really hope you go with me. No changes at all for you? How about some aches and pains that you were feeling before?

[quote=Anozi]awww Fly. I feel for your dd too. Its gotta tough. Of course she wants her mommy for these girly things. Who knows maybe Allie will let you take some time out for you dd. You may get that burst of energy just enough to get you through some shopping :slight_smile:
I am so happy you are here. Like I said I really hope you go with me. No changes at all for you? How about some aches and pains that you were feeling before?[/quote]

No nothing really new. I always feel a lot of pressure and continue to have braxton hicks all day long. Had a lot of contractions last night as well but that has become my new normal. My Ob keeps telling me for 2nd time Moms things can go from 0 to 60 really fast so I am going to try not to over analyze everything, don’t want to get my hopes up. Right now I am just focused on her being here by Friday of next week and if it happens before then that will just be a sugar coating on an already sweet cookie. LOL!!!

In the meantime if there is such a thing as labor dust :babydust: you guys can feel free to send it my way.

Chica - when your water broke was it like a trickle or a full on gush of water? Everytime I go to pee I am waiting for my water to break :frowning:

Hi guys!!! We r home!! Fly ur right- she is much calmer at home now just got to get her in that bassinet for more than 10 minutes!

She’s latching great just want to make sure she is swallowing. Lots of colostrum just praying for my milk to come in!

Anozi it was a full gush. I felt a pop Nd it poured out. Then it poured into toilet when I ran there. It trickled out in shower and I wore a pad to hospital that was saturated by the time we got there 7 min after we left. It contd to seep out as I contracted- had towels under me in hospital bed, u will know if it breaks! Just remember not everyone’s does so pay attn to contractions. I also was worried like how will I know the difference between contractions and bh and believe me ull know! The real ones hurt a lot more and are so frequent u can hardly catch ur breath!

Make sure u practice ur breathing!!

Guys I’m waiting for ur happy news!!!

Fly hope u can give ur other daughter an hour for her dress!!! Super mom!

Anozi & fly are your babies here!???

My milk is in! Whoa waterfall! Lol

[quote=chica509]Anozi & fly are your babies here!???

My milk is in! Whoa waterfall! Lol[/quote]

Nothing changed for me. Siiiiiggggghhh.

I hope everyone is having a great day with their babies and hopefully Anozi is holding hers and if not maybe the supermoon will bring her LO.

Ms. Allie’s is having a fine time kicking the crap out of me, I hope she realizes her days in her current home are numbered.

Chica-hopefully breast feeding is going better for you than it is for me. Because Ethan had issues breathing we had to supplement with the bottle and now that he knows it’s easier, he doesn’t want to BF :frowning: I’m going to keep trying of course but it’s frustrating. It doesn’t help that my hormones are going crazy right now. Had a major melt down last night after all the visitors left. I just wanted some alone time with Jim and Ethan.

Fly-I’ll send you some labor vibes, lol. Hopefully Allie will be with you soon!

Ade does your ped have a lactation consultant you can see? Because of my BFing problems previously I bought kind of a troubleshooting guide for bfing and it suggested if the baby prefers the bottle to try feeding them with the bottle for a bit and then letting them finish at the breast so they begin to associate the breast with being full. Have no idea if that works but I guess couldn’t hurt.

So funny how babies know what they prefer right away. :slight_smile: Being a Mommy is tough but can’t wait to be there with you guys.

[QUOTE=flybaby]Ade does your ped have a lactation consultant you can see? Because of my BFing problems previously I bought kind of a troubleshooting guide for bfing and it suggested if the baby prefers the bottle to try feeding them with the bottle for a bit and then letting them finish at the breast so they begin to associate the breast with being full. Have no idea if that works but I guess couldn’t hurt.

So funny how babies know what they prefer right away. :slight_smile: Being a Mommy is tough but can’t wait to be there with you guys.[/QUOTE]

I’ll try anything, that sounds like a good idea! He was doing very well at 1st. He would go 10-15 minutes on the breast and then would take 20-30 mls by bottle but he was going every 4 hours. Before we left they said they wanted us to go to 2-3 hours and he just hasn’t been interested. He’s very hard to wake up once he’s sleeping which sounds good in theory but is so hard when you want him to eat!

ADe maya is falling asleep at the boob too. She’s eating but it’s a challenge! I blow on her face, talk sing change diaper take off clothes even touch her skin w a damp washcloth! Bf is not easy!

She has a few dirty diapers a day tho today so I’m assuming all is ok. It’s really hard bc like ethan she doesn’t want to do the work only difference is I never gave a bottle so I’m just oraying she’s getting enough

Fly tomorrow?! C’mon Allie!!!

I have a feeling anozi and fly had their babies this weekend!!! Can’t wait for updates!

Afm maya has her pediatrician appt today at 930. Praying he tells me She is eating enuf bc it is def a challenge. Good thing is that she took a bottle no prb yesterday. Apparently I have what’s called a wet tap spinal headache from the epidural. If u recall there was an issue w my epi and from trying to inject the epi space, fluid got into my spinal canal causing a raging headaches it started fri as we were leaving but it was manageable. Sat I took Advil and it was a bit heightened but ok. Yesterday I couldn’t move, I had to go to the ER for fluids and painkillers. Today I have to have an outpatient procedure called a blood patch where they take my own blood and fill up the puncture wounds in the spinal space. I’m scared but insist it be performed under x ray so there’s no mess up. It’s hard to stand up or sit up from all the headaches, which makes taking care of Maya really difficult. I think she tenses my tension!

Anyway this blood patch should immediately work to alleviate the headache. Praying it does so I can get back to my daughter!

I’m NEVER getting another epidural, ever. Since I basically pushed her out sans drugs the natural route is for me w sone drugs to help me labor it out,

I hope you all are well and I’m dying to hear ab miss Allie and if anozi had (will have?) a boy or girl!!!

No baby for me. :rolleyes: I am pretty certain Ms. Allie is going to have to be forcibly evicted from the premises.

Chica, I am so sorry you had such craziness with your epidural. The sad part is you didn’t even have an epidural you had a spinal block which is NOT part of the plan and incredibly ineffective for labor. How incompetent of those people to not at least tell you so you could make a decision.

I however, who has had an epidural before and endured 10 hours of labor without before getting one will be best friends with the anesthesiologist and want one as soon as I walk through the door of the hospital but I understand you not wanting to go through that again. I would not opt for a spinal block for labor either they definitely have a much much higher chance of getting the migraine headache.

Hopefully Anozi is cuddling her little one as we speak.

I am quite miserable and if she doesn’t get here soon will probably have my entire family stop speaking to me and my husband divorcing me because I have turned into an evil *****.

Chica-that sounds awful! My doc said there was a chance I would get the wet tap spinal headache but luckily I didn’t. So sorry you are going through that! Hopefully the procedure works well and you’re feeling better soon. How was Maya’s appt??

Fly-Allie is being stubborn huh?? I hope your misery is over soon!

ATM-I decided breast feeding is not for me. Ethan was having too hard a time and it was making me miserable which was affecting my relationship with him. Now that I’ve made this decision, I feel so much better! I’m pumping every two hours and getting about an ounce from each. Hopefully my supply picks up but for now it’s working.

This feeding stuff is stressful that is for sure. I am SOOOO glad I decided not to breastfeed. I freak out enough about how much bottle they are getting. Erin likes to fall asleep while feeding also and she was only taking about 1-1.5 ounces each feed while Keira was taking 2-2.5 ounces. I got very nervous about Erin but she was having wet and dirty diapers so I knew that was ok. ( Chica- that is a good indication that all is good). but it dosen’t stop the worry anyway. BUT she turned the corner the other night and now is taking more. I think she just needed to get the hang of eating and sleeping and being home with us.

fly-cant believe Allie is still in there. I am sure you are miserable but who can blame you. 40 weeks is way too long.

So i finally went out for a walk with the girls today! it was nice. just around the block a few times but it was nice to be able to walk with out having contractions or pain. :slight_smile: Cant wait for the summer to get out more and more.

Ade- Sorry Ethan wasn’t taking to breastfeeding. All my friends said the first three weeks were hell and really hard and a few didn’t make it. It is a hard thing to do, but I have to tell you, I LOVE the fact that my husband can do a feeding and help me out and I think he is bonding really well with the girls because if that ability. It it wasn’t working for you then you need to do what works for you mentally. You worked hard for this baby and if your upset then you are not enjoying him and that is not good. You should enjoy him first and formost.

I am always glad to hear from you guys. The first couple of weeks are really hard but you guys are doing great!!! Hopefully I am as sane as you guys are during that time.

Ade–A lot of people make you feel like breastfeeding is an all or none proposition but it really is not. I wish someone had told me that 13 years ago when I was having trouble bfing my daughter. Pumping lets your baby get the benefits of breast milk without the fight. The more you pump the more your milk supply will increase and baby E will be just fine and Erin is right your DH can really help you. You can also mix the breast milk with formula if you need to. And you may change your mind and decide to try it again too and that is alright as well.

I also can’t believe that Allie is still in. It wouldn’t be quite so bad if I wasn’t having the constant contractions and labor pains. Apparently, I am going through prodromal labor where your body is stuck between braxton hicks and real labor. Feels like real labor, looks like real labor but NOT changing my cervix. My feet are so swollen they look like stuffed sausages, so yes I am so ready.

Erin I am so jealous you got to take your first non-pregnant stroll, no pain, no waddling, I can’t wait.

Thanks so much for the support ladies. I really just want to enjoy him and I am finally able to do that! Once he gets a bit bigger I may try it again. DH is great about helping with thus feeding so that gives me plenty of time to pump so I’m not up too long overnight.

Erin-that is fabulous that you got to go for a walk. Sounds wonderful! I’m still pretty sore right now and I pushed myself a bit too hard the last could days. I’m having a very hard time getting E to eat more than 35 mls. He is just always so sleepy! They did say that was normal but hopefully he starts taking more soon. He is also having wet diapers and at least one poopy one a day.

Fly-I don’t know if you saw but I posted a picture of my feet from yesterday and they were ridiculous! Allie definitely needs a stern talking to!

Ladies,
No baby! I went in to the L&D today with contractions…I was so sure I would be coming home with a baby. I had strong contractions…but was only effaced 50% and 1 cm dilated. So the nurse said that we should walk for an hour and then she would check to see how far I have come. An hour of walking later - no dice no change. SO the ob sent me home. Sadly - my contractions have died down since. It is frustrating that my baby is ready to come but my body just does not want to cooperate. I am going to my ob in morning for a sonogram and a cervical exam and Im going to ask for a cervical sweep - which is a natural induction that obs use. I am also going to set an induction date with him because I want to make sure that my baby is health and does not get any stress. Everyone seems to think that having contractions is a good start though…that it may cause contractions later today or water breaking. I dunno. I am just so frustrated!!