IVF #3 or more in July/August?

Oh ANOZI!! I thought FOR sure that you had ur little baby! God that stinks/ baby is so comfy in there! How big are they saying he is??

It’s funny too (well not really) but uv been “doing the deed” walking etc trying to get it started. Baby has other plans!

ADe don’t beat itself up over bf! Omg it is so hard! I totally underestimated! Especially if baby doesn’t cooperate! I applaud you for pumping And feeding- that way E gets all the good stuff still. I started pumping a few days ago only bc I had to go to the ER and see that dh can help. The night feedings are exhausting! On another note, how is E as a baby? Is a good? Does he cry? Maya is seriously a dream! Fly was so right- they chAnge a lot when they come home. Maya rarely cries yet in the hospitAl she cried all night! Last night I slept so well minus the feedings.

My ped appt yesterday was great! She is still at her discharge weight which he said was fine since she probably lost another oz or so but then gained back once my milk camein. I was do relieved! But he did say she had to be up at her birthweight by next week. I was hAving feeding issues where she’d pass out and I’d have to coax her to eat but now yesterday she was an eating champ! They change so much!

Bc of this wet tap epidural thing I found a new position where I can actually lie down w her on my chest and feed. She likes that!! Im def continuing w bf but will start adding in bottles too bc it’s just really demanding and w these headaches it has been rely hard

I am having that blood patch todayZ. My head felt like a bulldozer was plowing thru again yesterday am at pediatrician and til I lie down. I was in bed from ab 1230 til 5! I just fed maya and that’s it! I was fine from 5-8 like up and around the house, no headache, but at 8 it started coming back, the thing w this is that lying down alleviates the pain immediately and standing/sitting causes it once the fluid starts leaking. So hopefully this procedure today will work bc it’s pretty evident I can’t just lie down all day w a newborn. Thankfully maya is amazing and does not require much! She diesnt really cry - only thing is she sleeps in her carseat. We are making progress in the bassinet and she is trusting lying on her back. The way I see it is she is so little (just under 6lbs) and is so used to being snuggled up tight in my belly! Lying flat on her back is new so she just needs us to reassure her that it’s ok

Anyway Erin how are you holding up. I know the feeding is worrisome but as long as there are poopy diaps that reassures me.

I have this ap on my phone so I log each feeding, time, diaper etc it us really helpful to see her daily intake and lol output.

Moms coming up to help today since I have procedure. We are having the smoking talk - I’m scared!! Ped again mentioned 2nd hand smoke and baby handling so dh is being a bit dramatic,

Do you think how we raise our kids is influenced by all the trauma and heartache we went thru w the Ivf? I do. I think dh at least (since he felt responsible) is a nervous nay and super duper over protective. I mean it coukd just be his personality but I told him he needs to chill and stop hovering! Our little girl is fine!

But other than the nervousness dh has been a-ma-zing w both me and maya. He loves skin to skin time and has been very attentive to both of us, how are ur dh handling fatherhood?

Fly and anozi I’m rooting for some action today!!!

Anozi–How was your appt any change? Did you guys come up with a plan for induction? Is your doctor supportive?

I so feel your pain. I feel like I have been stuck like that for weeks. Based on my appt today my cervix has not changed at all. My wonderful DH took me to the mall and to an outside park for walking but all the walking now has more poor feet even more swollen.

Went to the OB today and I am officially scheduled for induction starting early Thursday morning. :cross: :cross: I am going to continue walking, sitting on my yoga ball, sex and my OB suggested some nipple stimulation just to see if I can get it going on my own before Thursday. My OB said it is totally up to me, she can induce at any time but she wanted to me to try to give it another week but I just can’t. I hope I am making the right choice. It feels right. I just don’t think I can go another week like this and it is possible I could go another week and still have to be induced. Siiiiigggghh. I wish all of this was easier.

Chica–I hope that blood patch brought you some relief. I am glad your Mom is coming to help. Don’t feel bad about the smoke talk, it is all about your little Maya and your Mom will want to do what is best for her too.

Chica–what is the name of the app that you have? I saw a device on amazon that did the same thing but if I can get an app that would be great!!! I think logging feedings and diaper changes is so helpful especially when you have people helping you.

How is everyone else? I hope I can join you guys in the Mommy club this week. I want to be holding my LO by Mother’s day.

Fly it’s called ibreastfeed by medela. I can log feeding by breast (left,right) time, bottle amount, real food, diapers, sleep time, etc

It is great just to see how much she’s getting plus which boob I leave off on. It’s important to give equal love to both breasts so milk comes in equally.

Blood patch went well. Headache gone thank god just have some tightness in my lower back but they said its normal.

What a nightmare!

Maya is seriously So cute! Can’t believe a week ago my Water broke! Insane how amazing my life became just i like that. I have such a deep love for this little peanut, can’t wait for Thursday fly!’

Anything on anozi? She better be a mom by now!

Anozi???

I’m Dying to hear how you are doing!!!

Fly I’ll be thinking of u all day tomorrow during ur induction!!!

C’mon Allie!!

[QUOTE=flybaby] Went to the OB today and I am officially scheduled for induction starting early Thursday morning. :cross: :cross: I am going to continue walking, sitting on my yoga ball, sex and my OB suggested some nipple stimulation just to see if I can get it going on my own before Thursday. My OB said it is totally up to me, she can induce at any time but she wanted to me to try to give it another week but I just can’t. I hope I am making the right choice. It feels right. I just don’t think I can go another week like this and it is possible I could go another week and still have to be induced. Siiiiigggghh. I wish all of this was easier.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I’ve been MIA but I’m having issues with my incision. Not sure if I mentioned that.

I will be thinking about you tomorrow!! Can’t wait to hear about Allie. Post pics as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Chica-SO happy the blood patch worked out! Ethan is an awesome baby right now. We’re not having too hard a time with the night feeds but I’m sure that will all change so we’re enjoying it while it lasts :slight_smile:

Anozi-Can’t wait to hear from you!

I’m more active on FB but I do read everything hear. It’s easier to respond there. I will definitely check in here for those who don’t use it though :slight_smile:

FLy- That is great that you finally have an end date. Can’t wait for you to meet this little girl.

Anozi- Come one little one!! Join the fun.

Chica- Sorry about the horrible Spinal issue. They tried three times with my epidural before they got it. I could not bend forward enough to open my back for a good stick. Keira was too high up and it was horrible. The doctor didn’t do a great job as it fell out less than 24 hours later but thankfully they got it done. Sorry you had such a bad experience and glad it is behind you now. Glad Maya is doing better with the feeding and sleeping.

Ade- So glad E is doing better. It is amazing how fast they just “get it”. Erin made a huge turn over the weekend and is now up to 65 cc’s which is great.

Things here are pretty good. Can’t believe the girls are almost a month old! I feel like they are still new since they have only been home for two weeks or so but on Monday they will be a month!!! They are doing well. They sleep and eat. Not too much awake time right now maybe after one or two feeds for about an hour or so. They are pretty good at sleeping in the pack n play. They are super noisy and make tons of sounds and schooch a bit while they sleep. It is hard to resist picking them up and cuddling with them but I know they need to get used to sleeping alone and settling themselves back down. It is also hard having my mother here and her waiting to hold them all the time. I am struggling with the boundaries. BUT that being said, the girls are great and very good. They really only cry when hungry, well Erin cries a little more often but really lets you know when she is hungry that is for sure. Keira is pretty mellow and just hangs and chills. They are pretty fantastic that is for sure.

My DH is great with the girls. Changing diapers, getting up at night to feed them. He is great. Big down fall is that he will start traveling next week so I will be on my own for the night feeds and we will have to see how that works.

So glad to talk with you girls about all this stuff. Can’t believe we all have our little ones to love. Come on Fly and Anozi- JOIN US!!!.

Thank you for thinking about me. I am a little nervous (already thinking about the pain) but still can’t wait.

Anozi, I hope you are having your baby hon.

Erin I can’t believe your girls are a month old!!! OMG time is flying already.

I thought I would share this with you guys. I got a free coupon for an uddercover from Motherhood Maternity and I ordered one. Of course haven’t used it yet but for those BFing it looks like it my come in handy. Got mine in the mail and I really like it.

Mother’s Day Deal: Free Nursing Covers at UdderCovers.com!

Use Promo Code “CCMOTHER” at uddercovers.com TODAY!

It’s as easy as 1-2-3!

1. Go to uddercovers.com.
  2. Click on “Shop Now” and select any nursing cover you like.
  3. Once you have made your selection, you’ll automatically be directed to the shopping bag.
    Enter the promo code " CCMOTHER" and we will deduct 100% off the cost of the cover
    • all you pay is the shipping fees!
      Remember: the promo code is " CCMOTHER " and you can use it more than once - just open a new browser window each time you do.

These Products make great gifts.
Selections dwindle quickly, so get yours today!

Push Fly Push!!!

Erin-your girls sound just like E! For the most part he is great, sleeping and eating well now. Last night was our first “fussy” night. He’s letting us know now when he needs to be changed or when he’s hungry earlier than normal. As for smuggling, I can’t help it either.
Oh and I can’t believe for epi fell out! I’ve heard it happens but that sounds awful.
DH has been great for me too but he goes back to work Monday. His Mom took the week off and I am dreading it! I really do love her but having a grandson has turned her into a very annoying woman!

Chica-how is breastfeeding going? I am very happy I decided to pump only but am still a little emotional about stopping that. I have been able to start freezing some milk though so that’s good :slight_smile:

Fly-cannot wait to hear about yesterday and how Allie is doing!

Anozi-you must be having your LO too!!!

Has anyone heard from Alfg? Momma is posting on FB and is doing great :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone. Alyx was born last night at 9pm. The induction was not as bad as I anticipated. My OB swept my membranes and sent me to the hospital. After the sweep, I was having regular (though far apart) contractions. My cervix had gotten 50% effaced so no cervadril was neccessary and we went straight to pitocin about 11:30 am. I got an epidural around 6:30 pm and was ready to push by 8:30. On second thought I really should have skipped the epidural. The nurse led me to believe I still had a long way to go and I thought if I waited too long it would be too late but I really could have done without it. No bad side effects but would have been great to skip the numb leg thing.

Alyx has to be the prettiest little thing this side of the Mason Dixon Line. I can’t believe how amazing she is and that she is really mine. She is such a good baby. I am posting photos on facebook. Bfing is going great. She has already had a big poop and a pee!!! She latches on and sucks like a champ. This morning is her sleepy time so I can’t get her to stay awake for more than 5 minutes to eat. I am so tired and am going to try to sleep while she is before god knows how many of my family members show up.

Anozi I hope you have joined us by now and that your labor was short and sweet.

What a wonderful Mother’s Day for all of us.

Oh and my little munchkin was 7 lbs 1 oz.

[quote=flybaby]Hi Everyone. Alyx was born last night at 9pm. The induction was not as bad as I anticipated. My OB swept my membranes and sent me to the hospital. After the sweep, I was having regular (though far apart) contractions. My cervix had gotten 50% effaced so no cervadril was neccessary and we went straight to pitocin about 11:30 am. I got an epidural around 6:30 pm and was ready to push by 8:30. On second thought I really should have skipped the epidural. The nurse led me to believe I still had a long way to go and I thought if I waited too long it would be too late but I really could have done without it. No bad side effects but would have been great to skip the numb leg thing.

Alyx has to be the prettiest little thing this side of the Mason Dixon Line. I can’t believe how amazing she is and that she is really mine. She is such a good baby. I am posting photos on facebook. Bfing is going great. She has already had a big poop and a pee!!! She latches on and sucks like a champ. This morning is her sleepy time so I can’t get her to stay awake for more than 5 minutes to eat. I am so tired and am going to try to sleep while she is before god knows how many of my family members show up.

Anozi I hope you have joined us by now and that your labor was short and sweet.

What a wonderful Mother’s Day for all of us.[/quote]

:cheer: Congratulations Fly!!! Sounds like everything went fairly smoothly.

[QUOTE=flybaby]Oh and my little munchkin was 7 lbs 1 oz.[/QUOTE]

Yay Fly! I am so happy for you and DH! I’m popping over to FB now to see pics :slight_smile: How exciting!

Fly I am so happy for you!!! Allie sounds like a dream! And at 7 lb she’s a great weight after all the worry! Man my little peanut is the tiny one!

I’m Si happy for you! Enjoy every single moment u worked so hard!

Afm bf is going well. Maya is eating but she falls asleep after like 15 min and I try every tip to get her to take more. She just isn’t interested! She’s tiny though just under 6lb so I feel like forcing her to eat as much as a bugger baby just ain’t happening. She gets a little fussy and is eating ab every 2 hours. At night she’s giving us 3-4 hr stretches which is nice!
Yesterday she had a lot of awake time and loves looking around at stuff- even tho she can only see right in front if her! I may start pumping and feeding if my pediatrician says she’s not gaining enough. I also can’t go on feeding every 1.5-2 hrs bc she doesn’t take a lot at each deedunf. My goal is to get her to drink more so there’s a lOnger stretch in between feedings. But I love watching her pass out after a feed! She’s a bad drunk!!!

Fly post more pics on fb
Any word on anozi??

[QUOTE=chica509]Fly I am so happy for you!!! Allie sounds like a dream! And at 7 lb she’s a great weight after all the worry! Man my little peanut is the tiny one!

I’m Si happy for you! Enjoy every single moment u worked so hard!

Afm bf is going well. Maya is eating but she falls asleep after like 15 min and I try every tip to get her to take more. She just isn’t interested! She’s tiny though just under 6lb so I feel like forcing her to eat as much as a bugger baby just ain’t happening. She gets a little fussy and is eating ab every 2 hours. At night she’s giving us 3-4 hr stretches which is nice!
Yesterday she had a lot of awake time and loves looking around at stuff- even tho she can only see right in front if her! I may start pumping and feeding if my pediatrician says she’s not gaining enough. I also can’t go on feeding every 1.5-2 hrs bc she doesn’t take a lot at each deedunf. My goal is to get her to drink more so there’s a lOnger stretch in between feedings. But I love watching her pass out after a feed! She’s a bad drunk!!!

Fly post more pics on fb
Any word on anozi??[/QUOTE]

E falls asleep feeding too but it’s much harder to wake them up when your BF’ing. Hopefully she’s gaining and you’ll be fine. I’m sure she’ll start eating more when she’s hungry.

We had E’s 2nd ped appt yesterday b/c his doc is on vacation this week. He left the hospital at 6.4 oz Sat, went down to 6.3 by Tue and was at 6.5 yesterday! He’s still sleeping a lot but we’re getting more awake time. Unfortunately he’s getting a little fussy after feedings at night :frowning:

Oh and if anyone is interested one of my friends from the forum swears by the Babywise book for getting them to sleep through the night by 12 weeks I think?? I just ordered it :slight_smile:

Hope you all are doing well!

Happy Mother’s Day Ladies!!! We’ve all waited a long time for this, hope you get spoiled :slight_smile:

to the all the wonderful women on this board:
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

We have been so supportive of one another over the past 10 or so months. I am so happy today that we can all share the same dream; being mommies to our new babies!

I hope your day is filled with as much happiness and love as mine!

xoxoxo enjoy your precious little angels today!

Hi everyone!!! Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Mother’s Day. I pray that all of you are as happy and completely exhausted as I am.

We got to come home yesterday afternoon. So I got my wish to be home for Mother’s day.

I do have a question for you guys who are bfing. How long did it take your breast milk to come in after the colostrum? My OB told me 3-5 days. When it came in how did you know it? Did it happen gradually or all of a sudden? My boobs are really tingly but no sign of milk yet. Hopefully some time today.

Alyx is doing great but she is totally living up to her Diva reputation. Last night and the last night at the hospital, She literally wanted to be connected to my breast the ENTIRE NIGHT non-stop. The nurses said she was using my breast like a bottle. I have breastfed for 2 hours and almost 5 hours straight respectively…she absolutely refuses to take No for an answer. Though quite exhausted and with fiercly sore boobs (thank God for Lanisoh) my DH and I are totally in love and enamored.She can pretty much have the sun moon and stars right now.

She has her first Dr. appt tommorrow morning. She was 6 lbs. 10 oz. when we left the hospital and just doing great, no problems at all.

I have tons more pictures to upload to facebook. Must find energy first.

I have my sisters and a few of Mike’s family members coming over today to cook for us and hang out. My younger sister came over with her boys yesterday. I don’t know how I feel about that much company over but I have no qualms about retiring Alyx and I to the bedroom for rest while they are here.

I think Chica you mentioned that they told you not to have your baby around kids. No one has ever told me that. I would not go out in a crowd. I am okay with my family coming over (because they will be around her a lot anyway). I just told my nephews that she was too little to hold right now. So they just stare at her from a distance. They kind of treat her like an interesting pet to watch anyway. LOL

That was long but wanted to fill you guys in. I am glad I have each of you to share with. Have a good Mothers Day.