IVF #3 or more in July/August?

Hi fly! So glad u are doing well and home w Alyx!

My milk came in on Day 4. You’ll know it… W cOlstrum my nips were super sore from all her sucking too. Yes lanisoh is awesome just glob it on. My boobs got sore and full one night and then at the next feed milk was dribbling down my arm!! Plus I heArd a difference in Maya’s suckling. It turned into gulping. Make sure you always have a burp cloth and bf pads bc once the milk comes in it is hard tO control! I tuck a burp cloth under my boob (thru tank top) to catch any squirts or dribbles, lol. And when maya unlatches or whatever I can easily wipe her face. The milk is great for ur nips and soreness/cracking. I no longer have any of it- just the first few days I did. Also my tanks are often saturated if I don’t nurse on time… I guess I have a lot of supply. So make sure u get nursing Pads to stick in ur bra or nursing tank!

It’s def challenging and demanding breast feeding bc there is no schedule. If ur anything like me I need structure so it’s hard just waiting for her to tell me she’s hungry. I was waking her to feed but now I just go by her cues… Eating hands, wimpering, sucking lips, etc. you’ll def know when it’s time, plus ur boobs get very full so they even let you knOw they need to be drained!

Sometimes she goes 3-4 hrs without waking or anything so now I just let her sleep. At first I was waking her but now I just let her tell me.often during the day she cluster feeds like 10 minutes at a time but very frequently like every hr and a half. Basically I’m a slave to her!!! But it’s all good bc I feel like she knows mommy and knows mommy will take care of her.

Anyway I hope you are all enjoying your day! I’m actually treating myself to a mani pedi right now bc after 11 days in the house I need a break! At first I felt awful saying that but I def deserve some pampering after everything I’ve been through!!

Lmk if u have more questions!!

The mani pedi sounds great. After 11 days you more than deserve it.

Thanks for the BF information. I am trying not to be anxious about it because I know that doesn’t help. She seems fine, enough poo and pee diapers. When you say day 4 do you count the day she was born as day 1 or the day after? I am trying to get an idea of what to expect in that regard.

The lactation consultant in the hospital just told me to follow her cues also, which was actually really good advice so I do. During the day she will sleep at least a couple of 3 -4 hour sessions so I just let her and feed her when she wants. The nurses at the hospital were really adamant about waking her to eat.

Thanks Pebbleann. Good luck on your beta. Keep us posted.

[QUOTE=pebbleann]:cheer: Congratulations Fly!!! Sounds like everything went fairly smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you Pebble!!! You’ll be in my thoughts for your beta!

[QUOTE=flybaby]The mani pedi sounds great. After 11 days you more than deserve it.

Thanks for the BF information. I am trying not to be anxious about it because I know that doesn’t help. She seems fine, enough poo and pee diapers. When you say day 4 do you count the day she was born as day 1 or the day after? I am trying to get an idea of what to expect in that regard.

The lactation consultant in the hospital just told me to follow her cues also, which was actually really good advice so I do. During the day she will sleep at least a couple of 3 -4 hour sessions so I just let her and feed her when she wants. The nurses at the hospital were really adamant about waking her to eat.[/QUOTE]

I’m not breastfeeding any more but my milk came in on day 3-4. I’m now pumping every two hours and he feeds every three. If he looks like he’s hungry, we’ll feed him early but for the most part the 3 hours works for him so it’s nice.

So glad to hear you got to be home for Mother’s Day, hope it was a great one!

Fly- Congrats momma! I am so happy for you! Long journey was well worth it, I know. Sounds like you are spoiling your little cutie already, I love the moon and the stars bit. I hope maybe you’ll post a pic on here too, my fingers are crossed.

Adelaid- I think a c-section is in the cards for me- how are you recovering? Any tips?

Everyone else, I hope you are enjoying your special day today. Happy Mother’s Day!

[QUOTE=artchickadee]Fly- Congrats momma! I am so happy for you! Long journey was well worth it, I know. Sounds like you are spoiling your little cutie already, I love the moon and the stars bit. I hope maybe you’ll post a pic on here too, my fingers are crossed.

Adelaid- I think a c-section is in the cards for me- how are you recovering? Any tips?

Everyone else, I hope you are enjoying your special day today. Happy Mother’s Day![/QUOTE]

Hi Artchick! I’m recovering pretty well but when they say take it easy after, please listen to them!!! I was up out of bed the first night because E had to stay in the nursery. My staples were fine but when they took them out for me to go home, I wasn’t as careful as I should have been and ended up with it opening. I had to go back to get more steri-strips. As for the procedure itself, try to relax as much as possible. The spinal was worse for me than it needed to be because I was so anxious. When they’re taking your LO out they say you’ll feel a lot of pressure but I really didn’t. Theyre going to give you pain meds, probably a morphine drip for the 1st day. When they switch you to pills, take them!!! You’ll heal a lot quicker if you’re not in pain.

If you have any question, let me know :slight_smile:

Artichik is your babybreech? Maybe he’ll turn? Good luck!

Pebble so good seeing you! Sending you good luck on your beta!

Fly I had her on Wed and I’m pretty sure that late sat pm it came in and def Sun bc I pumped. It may have been fri pm though. You’ll definitely know bc ur boobs get engorged and full!

Tomorrow wE see the ped again! Hope maya is gaining weight!

Adele when you feed E how many oz of breast milk does he take in one feeding?

I had some pumped milk and dh gave her a bottle and she had ab 2oz. I just told him to stop when she stops. But then I had no idea if that amt was right! Not like I know how much comes out of my boobs anyway but I was curious to see how much they should be eating at like 2weeks old!

[QUOTE=chica509]Adele when you feed E how many oz of breast milk does he take in one feeding?

I had some pumped milk and dh gave her a bottle and she had ab 2oz. I just told him to stop when she stops. But then I had no idea if that amt was right! Not like I know how much comes out of my boobs anyway but I was curious to see how much they should be eating at like 2weeks old![/QUOTE]

Ethan is just about at 2 oz so that sounds good to me! Good luck at your ped appt! I’m sure Maya will do great :slight_smile:

so proud of my little girl! She gained a pound in 1 week! we are at 6 lb 9.5 oz!! feel so relieved i am feeding her more than plenty!!!

Here is a link for more photos of Alyx. I will try to share on facebook also.

My Baby - Our365

The password is babygirl2012.

Artchick, can’t wait for you to join us at the Mommy club.

AFM–Milk came in early this morning sometime. Whoo hoo, one less thing to worry about but now worrying about supply; my milk is very watery, I guess more like transitional milk and it is not leaking or spraying. I went to the ped this morning and since my appt was before my milk came in they want to weigh her to make sure she is getting enough milk. So I have to go back tommorrow. She has to have gained an ounce by tommorrow or he may consider talking to me about “supplmenting” sigh talk about performance pressure.

Chica-yay!!! That’s awesome :slight_smile: E doesn’t go back until June 5 so I’m anxious to find out how much he’s gained.

Fly-you must be so happy your milk came in! I’m surprised they want her to gain an oz in a day though? My milk isn’t really thick but not watery either. Are you getting enough calories? Hope it works out for you!!

fly i can’t believe you have your hospital photos! mine still re not uploaded on our365! I’m so pissed! I’ve even called like 3 times. i wasn’t able to login though w ur password.??

Also my milk is watery too so i wouldn’t worry. and last week my ped said an oz a day weight gain is expected. considering you’re feeding like 12 times a day and at this age she should take ab an oz at each feeding it makes sense.

[quote=chica509]fly i can’t believe you have your hospital photos! mine still re not uploaded on our365! I’m so pissed! I’ve even called like 3 times. i wasn’t able to login though w ur password.??

Also my milk is watery too so i wouldn’t worry. and last week my ped said an oz a day weight gain is expected. considering you’re feeding like 12 times a day and at this age she should take ab an oz at each feeding it makes sense.[/quote]

Sorry guys I forgot you need my last name to access the photos and I use my maiden name on facebook. My last name is Brock, use that to access the photos.

Chica that is weird about your 365 photos. We got ours like the same day. i would call and badger those people.

I still can’t access alyx’s pics! I’ve called them 4x already. Screw it I’m ordering birth announcement off shutterfly w my own pics!

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to have been Mia for a week. Its been a rough one. But I have a lil healthy baby boy :slight_smile:
Story: After the contractions subsided on MOnday morning, my aunt said that we should go the next day to make sure everything is ok with the baby. On tue morn, the us showed that the amniotic fluid was reallly low! I was hysterical. the dr basically said do you have ur bags with you, you need to go to the hosp now. So dh and I rushed home took our stuff and went off to the l&d. My wish for a vag delivery was dwindling but wanted my baby to be happy and healthy. I was still only 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated so they started me off on putocin at 11.45 am on tue. Low doses and increased it as the night came. At 12 Am by cervix was only 80% effaced and 3 cm dilated so they continued on putocin. I got an epi around 12.30 am so I could sleep and bear the pain through the night. My cervix was finally 100% effaced and fulled dilated on wed at 11. am!! but then my baby was facing sunny side up so the nurse and dh had to move me around to make our baby turn and he did around 2.20 Pm. after 20 mins of pushing and the help of some forceps we had our lil baby boy healthy :slight_smile: Yes I was in labor for 28 hours! What an ordeal. I also endured a 3rd degree tear but luckily my rectum is ok (coz that takes forever to heal) chica what did you have?
Aniket was born 6lbs 12 oz a is sooo cute. He latched on like a champ quickly but is lazy at the sucking process. I have to coax him into continue sucking.
I wont lie - I did have a slight depression the last 2-4 days. But it was because of the tear, the fact that I cant poop unless I have stool softner, the fact that my baby cries like crazy at nights and we have no idea why (hes gotten better) He wont sleep on the crib or by himself. Some one has to hold him - which means either dh, me and mil are up for 4 hours straight at night. I am feeling better today and hopefully will continue to do so.
DH has been amazing! He hasnt slept since the l&d. he was up staring at the babys heart monitor in the hosp. And even now, is constantly up and about helping and I worry hes going to crash. but maybe this is all normal.
Still I am blessed to have our baby finally in our arms!!! So happy that we were all in this journey together. Be back for personals in a lil. And some pics of our lil man
CONGRATS FLY!!

Chica that sucks, did you pre pay for the pics?

I am not sure why you can’t access Alyx’s 365 photos, does it give you an error message? They only want the first four letters of the last name so babygirl2012 and then broc?

[quote=Anozi]Hi Ladies,

Sorry to have been Mia for a week. Its been a rough one. But I have a lil healthy baby boy :slight_smile:
Story: After the contractions subsided on MOnday morning, my aunt said that we should go the next day to make sure everything is ok with the baby. On tue morn, the us showed that the amniotic fluid was reallly low! I was hysterical. the dr basically said do you have ur bags with you, you need to go to the hosp now. So dh and I rushed home took our stuff and went off to the l&d. My wish for a vag delivery was dwindling but wanted my baby to be happy and healthy. I was still only 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated so they started me off on putocin at 11.45 am on tue. Low doses and increased it as the night came. At 12 Am by cervix was only 80% effaced and 3 cm dilated so they continued on putocin. I got an epi around 12.30 am so I could sleep and bear the pain through the night. My cervix was finally 100% effaced and fulled dilated on wed at 11. am!! but then my baby was facing sunny side up so the nurse and dh had to move me around to make our baby turn and he did around 2.20 Pm. after 20 mins of pushing and the help of some forceps we had our lil baby boy healthy :slight_smile: Yes I was in labor for 28 hours! What an ordeal. I also endured a 3rd degree tear but luckily my rectum is ok (coz that takes forever to heal) chica what did you have?
Aniket was born 6lbs 12 oz a is sooo cute. He latched on like a champ quickly but is lazy at the sucking process. I have to coax him into continue sucking.
I wont lie - I did have a slight depression the last 2-4 days. But it was because of the tear, the fact that I cant poop unless I have stool softner, the fact that my baby cries like crazy at nights and we have no idea why (hes gotten better) He wont sleep on the crib or by himself. Some one has to hold him - which means either dh, me and mil are up for 4 hours straight at night. I am feeling better today and hopefully will continue to do so.
DH has been amazing! He hasnt slept since the l&d. he was up staring at the babys heart monitor in the hosp. And even now, is constantly up and about helping and I worry hes going to crash. but maybe this is all normal.
Still I am blessed to have our baby finally in our arms!!! So happy that we were all in this journey together. Be back for personals in a lil. And some pics of our lil man
CONGRATS FLY!![/quote]

Awwww. Congrats Anozi. We were all thinking about you. You were right about your little boy. I am so glad he is here with you and healthy.

As for the struggles with your newborn we are all right there with you. This is hands down the hardest job on earth. It makes the IVF process feel like a day at the circus.

I have not gotten Alyx to sleep all alone in her bassinet or her crib for more than 30 minutes. LOL. She will only sleep for longer periods next to me (attached to my breast, mind you) or in her car seat or her bouncy chair.
Your baby boy will figure it all out soon.

Cant wait to see pics!!!

Fly- I LOVE the pics- she is beautiful, just like you. Love all that hair on her! And the song was perfect to the slide show. So glad your milk is in. Yay momma!

Congrats Anozi! Sounds like it was a long process but worth every step. I hope you post pics soon too!

Adelaid- Thanks for the info, it is still up in the air but I think I am scheduling my c-section this week for the week of June 18th. In the same boat as you, I also have a low lying placenta but it seems to be moving a bit.