IVF #3 or more in July/August?

oh and fly you said you have been pumping and freezing?

how do you manage that? Like you pump when, when Allie is asleep? you have enuf milk after a feed for a full feed? do you find that messes up your supply for her next feeding? like are you more empty?

also are you bag freezing? and how many oz in each bag? what brand bags did you get?

i want to start a supply since i know Maya has no problem with a bottle now. I’m not going to give her bottles everyday yet… but want to have some freedom to go out, etc. right now i just pump when i know I’m going out.

thanks!

Anozi–I am glad you feel better. Little Aniket sounds like a sweet heart. Are you posting pictures on facebook? (I haven’t checked facebook in awhile).

Chica- I am pumping after feeding Allie. I don’t do it every time only when I feel up to it. (for you Momma’s who are pumping almost every feed, I so applaud you,it is hard and pumping is somewhat annoying). During her really sleepy time of day she doesn’t always empty my breasts so i really try to pump then. But I am paranoid about how much milk she is getting so I feel more comfortable letting her get whatever she needs and then pumping what is 'left". The book I have says that you tend to have more milk and higher prolactin levels late at night and early in the morning. I do seem to get more milk then. I have been putting everything I pump for that day into the storage container and I am not freezing it until it has been in the fridge for a day or so. Even if I only have an ounce or so for the day, I keep it separate from the breast milk pumped the next day because I want to be sure to use up the older milk first. Breastmilk lasts in the fridge for about 8 days and in the freezer for 3 months. I am pumping purely to make sure I have a really good milk supply and for my DH and Mom to have occassional bottles to feed my LO, so I don’t feel a serious urge to pump constantly. Since I am new to pumping I generally only get an ounce or so at a pumping but each time I pump I get more milk. So hopefully in a couple of days the supply will increase.

I bought the lansinoh storage bottles. It was hard to decide what to get for storage because a lot of reviews talked about the storage bags leaking. I would be so sad if i spent all that time pumping milk and then the milk leaked in the fridge. The lansinoh storage containers got decent reviews online.

AFM-- Allie’s jaundice levels are down to the high end of normal. The Dr. asked that I put her on the bed a little bit until it gets picked up by the home health company. And thank God no more heel pricks. She has gained 2 ounces since her last Dr. Appt Wednesday morning.

Allie has learned to turn herself on her side when she sleeps and she will sleep in her bassinet when she gets herself on her side. At first, I thought she was kind of just landing on her side and I wasn’t putting her down right but last night I actually watched her do it. She actually has a little technique. She hates having her arms too tight in the swaddle so she will swing her arms and legs to the side until she rolls to the side!!! and then she will peacefully sleep once she can get in that position. I asked the ped if that was ok and he said as long as she is getting herself into the position that was perfectly fine. She is strong enough to sleep on her side without a problem. I think she figured out she likes to sleep on her side because at night I feed her using the side lying position so that I can dose while she breastfeeds. I can’t believe that as little as she is she figured it out.

Anozi–My LO also sleeps much longer in her carseat and her bouncy seat, I agree with Chica, I think it makes her feel like she is being held and cradled.

Chica I have not gotten bored yet. My ped told me to avoid restaurants, church, grocery stores etc with her until she turns six weeks. Personally I am ok with that. We will see how I feel next week.

im def going to start pumping and storing. like you fly i just want to give her a bottle sometimes- not everyday but having to pump on deman is hard so i want to have some stockpiled. will look into those containers!

just got out for a solid 3 hrs in between feeds. i felt so good to just be alone! not that i don’t love being mommy, it just feels good not to have to worry! got maya 2 more newborn outfits at carters since she;ll be wearing this size a few more weeks. feel like I’m doing laundry every other day nd just washing her onesies!

how are you guys today? i enjoyed half a glass of wine last night! haven’t had alcohol in over a year- maybe 2!

Chica - so true about the laundry. DH has been home for 2 weeks so i’ve been able to sit around healing but man Im gonna take a hit once he goes back to work on tuesday. I wanted coffee this morning…thought of really having a nice mug but then got nervous of all the things that Aniket is already ingesting. Motrin, colase and now coffee…I dunno I feel bad for the lil one. Btw are you still on any pain killers? most people usually take it for 10 days to 2 weeks right?
AFM - had some bleeding after a some stool passing yesterday. Worried that some stitches may be loosening. ugh I am getting an ob appt on mon to get it checked. Taking advantage of DH being home for the last day. I am not allowed to drive till next wed or so. sucks!

Hi All,
sorry I haven’t been posting, just been busy with E and visitors. I survived the 1st week without DH but it was hard and I’m exhausted! I would love to put it on him this weekend so I can sleep longer but I still have to pump. We both got up last night, he fed E and I pumped.

For those that are BF’ing but want to pump I was also told to pump right after your LO finished. This will empty out your breasts but also should build up your supply. I have been pumping every 2 hours during the day and every three at night to coincide with his feedings. I might go to every three hours during the day as my supply seems to be pretty high right now. E is only eating 2 oz per feeding every three hours and I’m pumping 35-40 oz a day!

Alf-if you want to join the FB group just let me know and I’ll make it searchable for you to request membership. Or you can friend request me and I can invite you to be a member. My name is Adele LaRiviere.

Anozi-I’m still taking the prescription motrin and it’s been 18 days. I also have 1 cup of coffee a day. I definitely need it! I do need to call the doc to see if it’s ok to use my eczema cream. Washing all these bottles and breast pump parts has brought it on pretty badly.

Fly-I can’t believe Allie turns herself to her side! That’s crazy!

Chica-It is nice to get out on your own for a bit. I’ve only gone to CVS a couple times but I was happy to be in the real world for a little while. Oh and I’m using the Lansinoh freezer bags (3 oz) because you can lay them down. I cut a slit in the side of a gift bag and put the milk in there. That way you can pull from the bottom and use the oldest first. This is the link to how to do it.
Breast Milk Storage | GreenLiteBites

Hi Adele-

I just sent you a friend request on fb in case you are wondering who the random is… Alfg are my initials.

That is great you are pumping so much. I am only getting 2 to 5 oz at a time 6 to 8 times per day (less after nursing, more after a formula feed for the twins). I have a tough time staying up to pump after nighttime feedings and admit I sometimes skip, and think I put myself a bit behind the 8 ball with hectic days and stress the first couple of weeks. I need to see if it’s possible to pick up my supply at point… With twins I think I may never have any to freeze!

It is great to escape into the real world between feedings! I think tomorrow we might try taking the twins for a short walk in public (not just around the block) so we’ll see how that goes!

[QUOTE=alfg75]Hi Adele-

I just sent you a friend request on fb in case you are wondering who the random is… Alfg are my initials.

That is great you are pumping so much. I am only getting 2 to 5 oz at a time 6 to 8 times per day (less after nursing, more after a formula feed for the twins). I have a tough time staying up to pump after nighttime feedings and admit I sometimes skip, and think I put myself a bit behind the 8 ball with hectic days and stress the first couple of weeks. I need to see if it’s possible to pick up my supply at point… With twins I think I may never have any to freeze!

It is great to escape into the real world between feedings! I think tomorrow we might try taking the twins for a short walk in public (not just around the block) so we’ll see how that goes![/QUOTE]

I think you’re doing amazing with twins and breastfeeding!! I’m sure even pumping 6-8 times will keep your supply up :slight_smile:
I’ll go log into FB now to accept and send you the group request!

I went shopping for 2 hours today and my Parents watched Maya So we could go to a friend’s party tonight. Felt awesome to get out but the whole time I was wondering ab Maya

I pumped today after a feeding and got an ounce total. Then just now I pumped since I was kinda engorged from being out and missing a feeding and got 4 oz.

Anozi I have coffee everyday. I told myself while preggo that I wouldn’t go back since i didnt drink it then but of course when I had the epidural drama they told me to have coffee (caffeine) so I’ve been having now. It’s fine/ 1 cup is totally fine. No I’m not taking painkillers. Only took In hospital and 2 days for severe spinal headChes. If u can try to just take 2 Advil or Motrin instead if the painkillers. See if that gives u relief. R u still in tha much Pain? Ur just like me- last week I was worried ab the stitches pulling and swore it was messed up. My dr just laughed at me! Good to get ur checked hopefully it’ll calm ur nerves as it did mine.

We have a bunch of friends coming over tomorrow. So excited to show off Maya!!

Alf can’t wait to see you on fb! Let us know how your outing went!

ADe thx for the link. Going to check it out now.

Chica, I am sure your parents loved watching Maya for you. It sounds like she did well with them.

I have had a cup of coffee a couple of days. It was just the boost I needed. Didn’t feel guilty about it at all.

As for painkillers my Dr. prescribed percocet but I did not get the prescription filled. She said it was safe but it makes me too sleepy. I am already sleep deprived so taking medication that makes me drowsy is not a good idea. I am only taking Motrin. I still have a lot of aches and pains. My hips, stomache, groin and lower back all still ache. So I am taking the Motrin as needed. I say if you need it continue to take it until you feel better.

Ade and Alf–Wow you girls are milk machines!!! I am impressed. What type of breast pumps are you guys using? I got the Ameda purely yours. I heard a lot of good things about it and it is very easy to clean since the milk does not pass through the tubing piece of it at all but I wonder if I would get more milk with other pumps?
I also have heard people say that they get a lot of milk with a manual pump and use that for general occassions.

I’m using the medela lactina- it’s a hospital grade double pump. My problem is that I think the phalanges are the wrong size bc my nipples were sore and burned a lot right after using… I recall the lactation consultant saying that i needed a bigger phalange so I am going to go to babies r us tomorrow to get.

As for Maya, she is entering the colicky phase. She’s not colicky by definition (3hrs, 3 days, 3 weeks) but she has these fussy fussy moments, usually during a feed or right after. It’s not so bad during the day but at night it’s bad. she’s up for like an hour after a feed fussing, which turns into me shushing her and rocking her. it’s strange bc she eats for about 10, gets tired, so i burp and change, then she feeds again off the other boob for like 3- 5 min and passes out. I’ve tried to get her to eat more but she refuses. so i let her cuddle on me, burp, swaddle, shush, etc to calm her til she is about sleeping. then i put her down and literally 10 min later she starts crying. Usually I ignore her initial whimpers to see if she’ll stop, but when it turns full blown obviously i console her. It’s so strange.

we had ppl over this am and i finished feeding her literally
as they came in. She was GREAT with them, no crying to fussing, nothing. Probably bc she was HELD the whole time. IDK

what do you guys think?? maybe i should give the pacifier to let her fall back asleep. Usually she takes it when she is getting hungry, but maybe i should give it right after she eats? IDK she usually refuses anything in her mouth!

got a bunch of girl clothes from a friend plus the CUTEST halloween costume! It’s a pink and purple butterfly!!

Chica - We have decided not to do pacifier for Aniket. So we are kind struggling with his fussy moments too because the only thing that will pacify him is if he latches on even after he has had a 40 min feeding session! I dont mind feeding him again but we have a good schedule built up right now. He wakes up exactly 2 hours during the day and between 2 and 3 hours at night for feeding. If I go overboard and give into his fussiness then I fear his schedule will be thrown off. What I have noticed with Aniket atleast is that, we need to change him, clean him do, swaddle him before I feed him. Feeding usually calms him down and hes fast asleep once hes done and we can easly put him down. However there are days this may not work…like today he pooped while feeding and we had to succumb to changing him right after the feed and man it took dh 25 mins of carrying him around and consoling him before he could get him down. Try doing everything with before the feeding and see if that goes better.

I am so glad you got 2 hours to shop. We have seriously discussed pumping and bottles…but havent done anything about it just yet. But I really want to do something by the time he is a month old. I am worried that if we give him a bottle…will he have trouble latching on to my breast?

FLY - Are you breast feeding as well or only bottle?

Ade - I cant beleive you did a whole week with out dh. I am mortified at the thought that after tomorrow DH will not be around. How the heck are you managing?? We havent had any visitors yet but this memorial day weekend is going to be packed with loads of family! I am happy for the help but overwhelmed at the same time.

AFM - by pain killers I meant motrin etc. Not the real big names. I did take tylenol with codene at the hospital for the 2 days I was there. But now at home I have been only doing the Motrin 800 mg. 3 times a day. I am bringing that down to 2 now. I believe its also keeping my RA at bay. But would like to get off of it so it does not harm Aniket through milk. Chica you arent even taking regular tylenol or motrin?? thats amazing. Your tear must have been minimal!
I am trying to do some kiegal excercises.
Quick Q - for the ladies that delivered vaginally. Do you feel like your uterus is lower then what it used to be. I feel like my pee pressure is almost in my vaginal walls? Fly was the case for you with your dd

Alf - I cannot believe that you are breast/bottle feeding your twins! Your such a super woman. Im exhausted feeding on guy! I am so glad you are up and about taking your lil ones for walks. Cant wait to do that soon.

I just wanted to drop by and let you gals know that today I got my :bfp: . Even though I was not on this journey with you ladies I’m definetly looking forward to scanning back through your posts to gain knowlegde through your experiences.

HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS PEBBLEANN! Couldnt have happened to a more deserving and patient lady. Keep posting your pregnancy journey here. We are all here to support you in anyway we can! Yay!!:clap::clap::grouphug:

Thank you so much Anozi.
I just realized I don’t think I ever congratulated you.
Congratulations on the birth on Aniket! Praying that you recover quickly.

[quote=alfg75]Hi ladies,

My twins were born 5 weeks ago, April 9.Ironic they came the first day of my scheduled maternity leave, although I was supposed to have a few more weeks to prepare! I had been have braxton hicks nonstop, then the real deal started - and baby a being breach went straight for a csection. They were born at 35 weeks; our girl completely healthy but only 4 pounds 6 oz. Our boy was big (6 pounds even at 35 weeks!) but his lungs not mature and he spent 10 days in the NICU. The first days were very hectic, taking care of a preemie newborn at home, getting family to babysit to run back to the hospital to see our little boy, dealing with depression big time (feeling all kinds of guilt about them coming early and having issues, although I know is not my fault…). So now 5 weeks out we are finally settled into a routine. And we have hired someone to help 5 hours a day during the week while DH is at work - I don’t know what I was thinking before that I could do it all on my own with twins, especially when the friends and family visits slowed, but it has been a godsend to have her extra set of hands around here!

Wishing you all the best![/quote]

Congrats Alfg on the birth of your twins. So happy to hear everyone is well.

Yay Pebble!!! You must be so excited!! Enjoy every single second of that little miracle! I’m so happy for you! If you have questions, you know where to come!

Anozi my feedings take that long too but she doesn’t eat that whole time! Does Aniket? I was also against the paci at the beginning but now I see Maya soothes by sucking so it helps her. Don’t forget my birth was a week before you so maybe that’s why I feel so much better. Don’t forget last week I was crying to my OB that something was wrong yet I was totally fine! Dh has been back to work for awhile. While I love having him home, I cherish me and Maya time.we have our little schedule also so it’s good, minus some fussy spells. Oddly last night, no fussiness? Ate and slept no problem!

[QUOTE=flybaby]Chica, I am sure your parents loved watching Maya for you. It sounds like she did well with them.

I have had a cup of coffee a couple of days. It was just the boost I needed. Didn’t feel guilty about it at all.

As for painkillers my Dr. prescribed percocet but I did not get the prescription filled. She said it was safe but it makes me too sleepy. I am already sleep deprived so taking medication that makes me drowsy is not a good idea. I am only taking Motrin. I still have a lot of aches and pains. My hips, stomache, groin and lower back all still ache. So I am taking the Motrin as needed. I say if you need it continue to take it until you feel better.

Ade and Alf–Wow you girls are milk machines!!! I am impressed. What type of breast pumps are you guys using? I got the Ameda purely yours. I heard a lot of good things about it and it is very easy to clean since the milk does not pass through the tubing piece of it at all but I wonder if I would get more milk with other pumps?
I also have heard people say that they get a lot of milk with a manual pump and use that for general occassions.[/QUOTE]

I am using the Medela Pump In Style. It seems to work very well and the milk also doesn’t go through the tubes. It is pretty expensive though so luckily one of my friends gave me hers and I just used the parts from the hospital one.

I did take my percoset for the first two weeks as my incision was pretty painful. I’m still taking my motrin as needed but mostly for the wrist pain from the carpal tunnel. Hopefully that goes away soon!

[QUOTE=pebbleann]I just wanted to drop by and let you gals know that today I got my :bfp: . Even though I was not on this journey with you ladies I’m definetly looking forward to scanning back through your posts to gain knowlegde through your experiences.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations!!! Feel free to ask anything at all! I’m so incredibly happy for you :slight_smile:

:clap: :cheer: :clap: :cheer: [FONT=Comic Sans MS]YAY PEPPLEANN!!! CONGRATS!!! I’m so incredibly happy for you!!! I just knew this would be your time!!! YAY!!! So excited for you hun!!! :dance: :grouphug: :dance: [/FONT]