IVF #3 or more in July/August?

Pebbleann–Congratulations!!! :cheer: You deserve it. You must be so excited. Please let us know how things are going along the way.

Anozi–I feel a lot of pressure now. It is my understanding that this is not because of the incision but because the uterus is still really large and putting pressure on the bladder and groin areas. It is pretty uncomfortable, so I feel your pain.

Also, I am breastfeeding. I am only using the bottle occassionally for when I can’t be with Alyx. The lactation experts tell you to wait to introduce a bottle until they are 2 weeks old but don’t wait any longer than a month old before you do. The only reason why I did it now is that I have to attend my daughter’s middle school graduation this week and I don’t want to take Alyx around all those people and germs, so I wanted to pump milk and have my DH give her a bottle to be sure she would take it before I was away from her for a good chunk of the day. Alyx has such a strong latch and suck, that I was not too worried about nipple confusion with her. My DH has given her a bottle a couple of times and she has taken it like a champ. So hopefully :cross: :cross: no issues on Wednesday while I am out with my daughter.

Ade–I was torn between the Ameda Purely yours and the medela pump and style and went with Ameda because of the reviews and the cost. You were a lucky duck to get one from a friend. I was at least able to purchase mine with my flexible spending account so it didn’t hurt as bad.

You are such a trooper with little E without your DH. Mine leaves to start going back on the road on Sunday. I have my Mom and a part time help but they can only help so much, when you are breastfeeding, it is different when you have your DH. I am going to really miss him.

I tried giving Allie a paci,it did not confuse her at all, she seemed to use it at first but now she hates it. She sucks once or twice and removes it with her hand and then just holds it. I have yet to meet a baby that has gotten nipple confusion with a paci, they realize very quickly that nothing is coming out of the paci.

Thank you all for all your support and congratulations. My second beta came back at 285 so something must be cookin in there. U/S is June 8th.

Pebble that’s a great 2nd beta! Can’t wait to hear about your US!

Yeah! i am so happy ypu finally got your positive! CONGRATS~!!!

Pebbleann–Great betas!!! So happy for you.

Hi girls,

Sounds like breastfeeding is hard. I give you allcredit for doing it and sticking with it. My girls are doing well. Thankfully they are not cryers but they do get fussy and like to be held. It is hard when I am alone as they get each other going but I am figuring it out. I do get overwhelmed when one of them is up most of the night and I don’t get some sleep. I start to think I will never survrive but then after a nap I am better. The girls like to sit in their swings and obviously peoples arms but it is hard when I am alone to hold them so I really want them to nap in the pack n play. They had been good and then around 6 weeks started to fight it and with my mom and MIL here they were picked up and now want to be held. But all in all they are pretty good.

My dad and step mom were here for three days to help out and that was great. Still don’t want them to be alone for a feeding because the girls are floppy still and little and hard to burp. If I don’t get a few good burps then they spit up or wake up crying with gass. They are pretty gassy actually. They wake themselves up when they fart and then they cry. Usually a pacifier or a little pat will calm them back down. Thankfully.

My mom left this week and we are alone this week and next. Although my DH works from home he can’t help all the time so it will be a little hard. I hope I can get a nap or two in during the day but we will see.

Then he is going out of town for a week and I will have to do the nights by myself. It is going to be one tired week but thankfully they have been going 4-5 hours from the start of one feed to the start of another at night so hopefully that will continue and will only require one night feed after 11 that week. :slight_smile:

All in all it is good. I love the girls and can’t wait till they are a little bigger to interact with. They sleep most of the time now.

Glad you all are doing well.

erin i applaud you! maya sounds just like your girls- loves to be held, is gassy, and has fussy spells. And she is only one!

I’ve been having issues bfing it is so darn hard! she eats and then passes out- i wait like 10, change her, etc try again and she refuses. so i try to put her down. then she screams bloody murder so i have to try to feed her again. its exhausting! i feel like she is attached to me! I’ve been pumping but its hard to fin d the time and after each feeding I’m only getting an oz or so. then sometimes i pump but maya is still hungry and since my boobs are empty from feeding and pumping I end up giving her what u just pumped in a bottle! so frustrating! i cried yesterday bc she wouldn’t stop screaming and i feel so frustrated. last night i thought she had “nipple confusion” bc she refused to latch onto my boob but she was screaming. So we ended up giving her a bottle and she took 2 more ounces, after she fed off my boob for like 13 minutes. I am so CONFUSED! I’m def going to that support group tomorrow- mybw they have some suggestions. I think she must have hit that 3 week growth spurt since she now looks so much bigger and longer! She is filling out all her NB clothes- i wonder how much she weighs. At last week’s Dr. appt she gained a lb and was 6.9. Maybe next week- 2 weeks past last weigh in- she’ll be llke 8?

erin i agree i can’t wait til she has more of a personality and i can interact with her more. she does love her activity mat though.

Also Maya still is not sleeping fully in her bassinet. She starts out there and it’s fine, but then by the night feeding she cries 15 min after we put her in. if we put her in carseat she stops. what should we do? let her cry it out i feel like she’s still kinda young for that!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]WOW being a mother of twins is definitely not easy!! Totally worth everything of course but there is never a down moment here. My dh has been back to work for a few weeks now and the twins are 6 1/2 weeks old. I think I’m finally getting adjusted to not having any me time at all ever lol… How are you other ladies doing with everything?[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am trying to nurse both boys full time and that is taking up a lot of time and energy of course. I feel like I’m always hungry and most times don’t even have enough time to get down a proper meal during the day which stinks!! I haven’t had any help from anyone during the days since my dh has gone back to work and in fact before be went back to work and 3 days after we came home from the hospital my dh’s father was in a really bad motorcycle accident where a lady, who ended up dying from the accident, hit him on his motorcycle. He has been in hospitals and rehabs since the accident with many injuries. So my dh was going up to the hospital and helping with his recovery while I was home with the boys and trying to recover on my own. It’s been rough but I’m managing. I didn’t want to post this stuff on FB obiously and have been meaning to get on here. The FB updates come to my phone so I just go on there easily while I’m nursing and stuff but this I actually have to go on my computer so it’s harder for me to get the time these days.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Anyway, I am just so thankful we are all here talking about our babies and it’s wonderful to see all the pictures of them and you on FB. What a wonderful miracle we all received this year. :slight_smile: :)[/FONT]
:grouphug:

Wow Rachel I’m so sorry to hear about your fil. Hope he recovers soon! Bf one is hard, I dont know how you handle 2!

Going to the bf support group tomorrow. I really hope it will help me bc I am exhausted!

Also I got my birth announcements in the mail! They look good- cant wait to send!

[quote=chica509]erin i applaud you! maya sounds just like your girls- loves to be held, is gassy, and has fussy spells. And she is only one!

I’ve been having issues bfing it is so darn hard! she eats and then passes out- i wait like 10, change her, etc try again and she refuses. so i try to put her down. then she screams bloody murder so i have to try to feed her again. its exhausting! i feel like she is attached to me! I’ve been pumping but its hard to fin d the time and after each feeding I’m only getting an oz or so. then sometimes i pump but maya is still hungry and since my boobs are empty from feeding and pumping I end up giving her what u just pumped in a bottle! so frustrating! i cried yesterday bc she wouldn’t stop screaming and i feel so frustrated. last night i thought she had “nipple confusion” bc she refused to latch onto my boob but she was screaming. So we ended up giving her a bottle and she took 2 more ounces, after she fed off my boob for like 13 minutes. I am so CONFUSED! I’m def going to that support group tomorrow- mybw they have some suggestions. I think she must have hit that 3 week growth spurt since she now looks so much bigger and longer! She is filling out all her NB clothes- i wonder how much she weighs. At last week’s Dr. appt she gained a lb and was 6.9. Maybe next week- 2 weeks past last weigh in- she’ll be llke 8?

erin i agree i can’t wait til she has more of a personality and i can interact with her more. she does love her activity mat though.

Also Maya still is not sleeping fully in her bassinet. She starts out there and it’s fine, but then by the night feeding she cries 15 min after we put her in. if we put her in carseat she stops. what should we do? let her cry it out i feel like she’s still kinda young for that!![/quote]

Chica everyone has their own parenting style but I just think that the crying it out thing is best for older babies, not at this stage. They are still so new to the world and at first I think we need to establish that they can trust us with their needs. Think about it, a couple of weeks ago, they never felt pain, cold, or hunger; were constantly fed and floating totally secure in soft warm water and now we want them to lie where?

I lay Allie in her bassinet and crib throughout the day and sometimes at night for short periods of time. Rarely more than 30 minutes. At this point, I know the times of day when she will be more calm and I use those times to lay her there Just to slowly acclimate her to it. For sleep we use the car seat, bouncer and at least part of the night she ends up sleeping next to me because we both fall asleep while nursing in the middle of the night.

I think the lactation support group will also help. It sounds like the bottle and the pumping are stressing you out. Unless you need the milk for outings, I would say just forget the bottles and pump until you and Maya are on the same page. Honestly it sounds like Maya is hitting a growth spurt and hopefully will level out real soon.

Also you got your shutterfly stuff really quickly. I am going to order my stuff this week.

Rachel and Erin—You guys are troopers. Twins are a lot of work at this stage and you guys are really doing great!!! I hope you guys try to find some quality time for yourselves, even if it is just a nice long shower some time. Do you guys have friends or family who can give you a bit of break (even if just for a nice dessert or a long bath) at least once a week? You guys need me time, for sure.

Allie is doing pretty well. I was away from her this morning for about 5 hours with my daughters promotion ceremonies. She did great with her Dad and the bottle. My poor breasts were like rocks by the time I got home. I had to pump and feed her to lessen the engorgement. I was really afraid she would be inconsolable but she was just fine.

She and I are on a good schedule for night time. I feed her at 11:30 OR 12; then at 3 and then she sleeps to 7. I hope it stays that way :cross: . But I am aware that things can change at any time with these little kiddos.

For those that are bfing…when will my nipples stop being sore??? They were cracked and chapped after her cluster feeding days, they are now healed but they are still sore. Not horribly so, but just wondered if they will ever “toughen up”. She is only 2 weeks old so may be too early to ask that question.

Right now she is peeling like a little lizard. I have had to put mits on her hands because she scratches her little cheeks horribly. I went to babies r us today and bought several additional pacis because she constantly scratches her face trying to get to her thumb. I would much rather she suck a paci than her thumb. We will see how they go. What type of paci’s have you guys had success with, if any?

Thank fly. Yes the pumping part stinks but I really want to have milk so I can have a life! Hopefully I’ll get some help at that group. Yesterday from like 6-9 my princess was beyond fussy. Cluster feeding, crying, needed to be held and cuddled, etc, it was pretty difficult. I’m pretty sure age has her fussy time everyday at that time. I read online that this is totally normal.

As for the paci- I like the advent soothie. My sis used and that’s what they use I’m hospital. It is very similar shape to a breast nipple. They also make a NB one w the nose cut out.

We also have a similar sleep / feed schedule at night. After the aM feed we snuggle together on bed and usually sleep another 2-3 until 9 or even 10. I know I’m gonna have tO cut that out soon but I just need my beauty rest!

I have been trying to get her in bassi durin day for naps but it ends uP only beIng for like 15 min. She did enjoy her crib yesterday fOr a few minutes totally on accident. Need gOing to be hard moving her out of my roOm. She did just sleep from 930-1240 in bassi though. Hoping she’ll go back in after this feeding.

Fly my nipples aren’t chapped or cracked. They only were with colostrum. Are u sure Allie has a good latch? They do tingle when maw latches and sometimes after I pump but I did get a bigger phalange so it is better now.

Guys my nipples burn from pumping! I thought it was the phalange so i got bigger ones as per the lactation consultant at hospital but still burn!!

Wtf!

Rachel- I am so sorry you are doing this all by yourself. I can’t even begin to imagine. I usually have my mother, MIL, or at the very least my DH to help out if I need it. Even if it is to listen for the girls when they are sleeping so I can nap without worrying they will cry the second my head hits the pillow, which happens a lot. I think you are amazing and to top it all off you are breastfeeding!!! I hope your father in law gets better soon so your hubbie can help out more.

Twins is a lot of work and sometimes I can’t decide who needs more help, me or the girls! But I love them to bits and am so happy to have them around.

Question for you ladies- when your babies are awake what do you do with them. I feel like I should be “entertaining” or “teaching” them something but often I just want/need to do laundry, wash bottles, or clean. What are you all doing with them or are they too little that it doesn’t matter much at this point?

Hope you all had good weekend. Our girls are starting to go 5-7 hours at night from start of feed to the next so that is pretty great. Last night from 10-4!!! WHOO HOOO!

Hi Ladies!

I missed a lot on here but didn’t get any notification people were posting!

Rachel-so sorry to hear about your FIL. It must be so hard to do it yourself, especially BF’ing twins! You are a super Mom!

Fly-my nipples are healed but still sore all the time and I’m not even BF’ing. The pumping makes them so tender. I’ve been trying to BF here and there when E seems hungry between feeds but he still doesn’t have a good latch and it HURTS! Maybe Allie needs a better latch?

Chica-I take naps too, can’t help it. I’d be a zombie if I didn’t!

Ethan is fussy at night after at least 1 if not more of his feeds. He is sleeping in a rock & play and I wonder if he’s not liking it any more or if he’s just gassy. I started staying up with him for a bit after the feed and it seems to be working better. Since I’m pumping I am on a schedule which means he is too. We go every three hours, I pump before he eats. This means I’m only getting 2 hours of sleep in between and honestly that’s if he’s good. I’m hoping to get him to every 4 hours at night so we can cut out one of the feeds.

Erin-how many oz are your girls eating? E is at 2.5 but I bumped him up to 80 mls (only 5 more!) yesterday/last night. This morning he wouldn’t finish though. I feel like he should be eating more?? Oh and I also feel like I should be interacting with E more than just holding/talking to him. I’m going to bust out the activity mat and see how he likes that. Someone suggested music and singing to him as well.

Apparently, I have Mastitis.:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: I have had a fever off and on since Sunday. My fever spiked to 102 last night and the pain in my right breast is ridiculous.

I knew I had the signs of a blocked milk duct and I was trying to do all the right things by breast feeding frequently on that side and pumping etc but it turned into mastitis anyway. I am now on an antibiotic and I have to see my Dr. I don’t seem to have much milk coming out of the breast but the breast is making milk and is engorged, soooo really painful. Hopefully I will be better very soon. At least my fever is broken.

I hope everyone else had a good Memorial day.

Erin–My LO is not as old as your babies but she is starting to have longer and longer awake times. When she is awake I talk to her. I don’t really do baby talk I just literally tell her what I am doing for the day. She loves it. Also, sometimes I lay her in her bassinet and play classical music or soft jazz music and put her mobile on for her to stare at. She actually really likes the soft music and will lay there and kind of listen for a while. I also am going to start reading to her. Right now my DD is out of school for the summer, so she loves it when she is awake so she can play with her and talk to her.

When my DD was a baby, if she was in the room while I was doing other things I would just talk to her, she could hear my voice, and just tell her what I was doing. Kind of crazy, like you are talking to yourself but I like to think that because of this my daughter talked really early and she always had a large vocabulary.

How are all the babies doing?

fly sorry to read ab ur mastitis. that must b so painful! glad u got it taken care of. I’m scared i gonna get that or thrush. i ilk the classical music idea except miss mayastill hates her bassinet!

ade maya sleeps ab 2-2.5 hrs and then eats for an hour! it is insane plus a lot of time she fusses when she’s hungry so i end up feeding way more! she just mustve had a growth spurt bc she was literally attached to my boob ALL weekend! she did gain 1.6 lbs tho so now ages at 7,12!
eth may be having a growth spurt like maya. think ab it they are only 1 day apart! you could try giving him another .5 oz or oz in between feedings. I’ve been keeping a sash of pumped milk in fridge for whn she yes fussy and won’t latch, is tired, and won’t do the breasfeeding work at the end of a session.

erin as for “teaching” or play i do the same stuff- playmat, tummy time, read stories, sing like itsy bits spider but honestly for M right now theres not too much developmentally as per our ped. i also don’t want to overstimulate her. I’ve played her music too but mostly she eats, poops, sleeps, and gets some cuddles. i notched last week when i did too much she ws a nightmare from 4-8. now that i dh has been home this long weekend it wa nice not throwing her in the swing just so i could do stuff and i see she is a bit better. your girls are older though. btw the sleep is amazing! are u following a method- baby wise?- or not yet? i asked my ped today and he said 6-8 weeks is too early! I’m like wtf! i need a schedule!

you should look into a class… maybe one that meets at a park w other moms and newborns

so dreaded q:

how are you guys doing weight wise? i stepped on the scale and i’m ab 15 lbs less then birth BUT i have another 15 to go pkus 10 from all the ivf to be at my DREAM weight. waiting the 6 weeks approve from my ob but then i need to start exercising/ dh said we should hire a trainer! this breasfeeding better [email protected]

Hi ladies. Got the girls all fed and sitting in their swings outside so i can write fast.

Ade. The girls are taking close to four oz. Erin was moving between 60-80with last week and this week upped to 90the and today 1210-120. We kept putting more in the bottle and let her take what ahe wanted. Some feeds she would take more and some less. Now she is a little more consistent. Keira has been taking 120 for about 3 weeks but she is geting fat so i dont want to up her yet. She also seems happy with this amount now.

As for the sleeping. We wake them every three hours during the day and feed them. They are not really awake much during the day except for the morning. We also were waking them every three hours at night. I guess one night they didnt cry at 3 hours but went four so we let them go on their own and it was five hours from feed to feed. I try to do All their naps in the pack n play and at night in their cribs. As for the baby wise stuff… they DONT stay awake after the feeds to play except for the morning feed and maybe one evening feed. Thankfully they are good sleepers and dont cry too much. Although erin wakes up about two hours after eating with gass that makes her scream for a bit. We moved to the sensitive formula but i dont know how much help its been.

In general we are doing well but twins is a lot and i want to get out of the house and visit friends but i dont know how to logistically do that on my own with two babies to feed. Guess this summer will be visitors to me and a lot of time with just me and the girls.
something i have wanted for years but can get lonely.

Fly-Hope you are feeling better! I have had two clogged ducts and they were awful so Mastitis must be terrible!

Chica-I’m actually doing really well weight wise. I had gained a LOT during my 5 IVF’s though so I still have a long way to go. I think having the gestational diabetes definitely helped as I only gained 9 lbs total during my pregnancy.

Erin-it makes me feel better that you had the girls on a schedule for eating. I felt like I should let him sleep but since I’m pumping at certain times to keep my supply up, I feel like I wouldn’t get any sleep. I just gave him 3 oz for his 3:00 feed but he ended up spitting up a bit. That might be more because he’s super gassy though. Hopefully the gas drops will help. I feel so bad for him!

so I’ve been having a lot of trouble bfing maya. she has been fighting me, crying hysterically, etc and just not getting good, full feedings- altho she is gaining really well. its exhausting. also i was finishing some of her feed gs w a “shot” of pumped bottled milk just so she’d be satisfied and stop snacking so much. at my bf support group they suggested pumping and giving an advent bottle at the 11/12 midnight feed to see if its easier on me and omg it was a DREAM! no screaming crying baby!!

but i def don’t know if i can pump enuf all day for all the feedings. Ade how do you do it> it seems exhausting, pumping all day long prettymuch. are you able to freeze on top of your 8-10 feedings? also r u pumping in the middle of the night too? since i just gave her a bottle from milk i pumped earlier today I’m pumping right now. its def more time consuming since feeding her took abt an hour and now add pumping on top of it. i give u mad props ade!

oh and 9 lbs only is insane!