IVF #3 or more in July/August?

fly how r u?? is the mastitis gone??

anyway did u get ur utter cover in the mail yet? do u like? have u used in public? I’m gonna order but wanted ur feedback

Hi Ladies,

My mastitis is much much better. I have to keep taking the antibiotic for a couple more days but all is well thus far. I have to be really careful, I totally don’t want that to ever happen again. Apparently wearing a bra with an underwire, even a nursing bra, is a no-no. How am I supposed to keep these girls up without an underwire? My boobies are size F right now, they need structure. What type of bras are you guys wearing?

Chica–I bought the udder cover and I really really like it. I have used it a couple of times. Both at home while friends were visiting and out at a restaurant. It allows me to use both of my hands and it totally hides everything while letting me see Ms. Allie while Bfing. If you can get the free one do that. I got the free one, but I think I will go back and order one or 2 more.

Chica–Does Maya take a bottle from you? I have never given Allie a bottle. I didn’t want to confuse her with the bottle thing so I only have my DH or Mom give her a bottle and then I only BF her. I wanted her to associate bfing with me only. I was wondering if she would have a problem taking a bottle from me.

Oh and the weight question: Ade I am so jealous you only gained 9 lbs during your pregnancy though I know the GD thing was not easy. With me trying to eat extra to get Allie to get bigger I gained 40 lbs total, I think. I have already lost 25 lbs. I am praying the rest falls off easily. Which I don’t think is bad for 19 days. I have not done any excersizing yet but I will hopefully start taking walks with Allie next week. So I wont to start slowly walking and stretching and once my OB clears me at 6 weeks I will go back to doing Zumba and exercise tapes at home. Before starting IVF, I had a personal trainer who came to my home to train me but I just don’t think I can have any additional scheduled things in my life right now.

Oh and what types of bottles are you guys using. We have only used the Avent and the 1st years breast flow bottles. Just curious if you guys found something better. I know the Tommee Tippee, has gotten great reviews.

Bottles. I am using the dr. Browns. I like them.

Weight. I am up 6-7the lbs from my pree baby weight. So most of my fat pants fit but since the weight is in my tummy and usually i dont have weight there it is a little different. I am trying to walk with the girls but nine months with out exercise make it hard but i get out there about every other day. Now i need to stop the cookies and the ice cream.

Fly-I tried the Tommee Tippee but they seemed to leak. We are using the Dr. Brown’s now and like them. Oh and I think it’s awesome that you dropped 25 lbs already!!

Chica-since I decided to stop BF and only pump I was pumping every two hours, 3 overnight. Eventually I went to every 3 hours all day so it coincided with when he eats. I felt bad having him on such a strict schedule but as far as I know I have never heard a “hungry” cry from him. If anything he could go longer than every 3 hours. Of course I am pumping exclusively (which isn’t easy) but breastfeeding and pumping was extremely tough!

I don’t know if any of you have heard of the lipase issue. Apparently if you have an excess of the lipase enzyme it can cause your expressed milk to taste/smell soapy/sour after a day or so. I started noticing the bottles were smelling when I cleaned them so I tasted the milk and it was awful! I posted on my FB group and someone sent me this link:

http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/milkstorage/lipase-expressedmilk/

I was SO upset to find out that my frozen stash was most likely ruined. I thawed out a bag and sure enough, it was gross too. They say it’s still ok for babies to drink but if I gagged just smelling it, I’m certainly not going to give it to him. Also I thought maybe that was what was making E fussy while eating. So now I’m feeding him fresh right after I pump then I’m going to scald (not boil) the leftover and freeze it. The horrible part is I have 87 storage bags of 180 mls each frozen which is 522 oz!!! I had NO idea I had so much stored milk and now all of it is bad! The one thing that kept me from going insane was that you can apparently still donate this milk because it’s not actually bad. A milk bank will mix it with other and then I believe it gets pasteurized too.

Ok, sorry for the rant but this really bummed me out today and I had to share.

Wow ADe that stinks ab your milk! Yr sure it’s that enzyme thing? Ugh I’d freak if I had to throw away my stash. How many oz u getting each pumping session?

Fly thx for responding ab the utter cover. Going to buy now. I was using a bottle that the hospital gave me since age only got a bottle here and there. Them she started refusing the breast and I freaked out the other day. At the support group ppl mentioned avent and then also the Medela calma nipple. It’s like $20 for one nipple but apparently it works just like the breast. I am too cheap to buy so I just bought avent #1 and maya took like a champ. I’m now giving her a bottle of pumped milk at night. I have 2 to her last night and she breastfee today like a champ. That’s an interesting thing tho that they associate mom w boob! So far maya is fine,

So last night m had a bit of blood in her stool. I took her to the pediatrician and apparently she has a fissure (tear). He also took her stool sample for allergy testing to make sure she’s not sensitive to milk. My sis is lactose intolerant sobim a bit nervous. Trying to cut dairy as best I can to se if it helps, although my doc doesn’t think it’s an allergy since she is gaining so well. We’ll see…

We went out to dinner tonite w M in her stroller. She was so cute- everyone kept commenting!

Anyway anozi u ok hon? How’s Aniket??

U guys sound great w the weight - I’ve got 10 til pre Preg weight + 10 Ivf. But I’ll be satisfied with the 10 pre Preg and 5 Ivf.

Anyway have a great weekend. We have friend’s coming both days. Need that utter cover so I can feed her in front if ppl!

Chica-I’m pretty positive that is what it is from everything I read. I would have freaked if I had to throw it all away. Thank God milk banks will take it.

I hope Maya is ok!! Poor little lady. We took E out to eat and all the waitresses were dawning over him :slight_smile:

Ade I heard about the soapy taste issue from one of my breast feeding books. I thought the soapy taste and lipase issue only showed up with frozen, then de-frosted milk , I didn’t know this could be an issue with refrigerated milk also. Lord I would be totally bummed out to have to throw away that much milk. Are you sure that ALL of it will be bad? Giving it to a milk bank is a good idea.

I always have someone else give Alyx a bottle, I need to pay more attention to what the milk smells/tastes like.

Chica–The blood in the stool would have freaked me out. How do babies get a fissure?

He said its really common especially if they go a lot, which maya does. It’s better now- we just put a glob of triple paste on at each diaper change.

Guys who are bf- are u set w a schedule of every 3 hrs or does it change based on baby’s need/want? Sometimes maya wants every hour still! I’m starting to push her a bit by Giving the pacifier so she’ll get a fuller feeding at 3 hrs instead of just an appetizer at 2! Is that wrong? I just feel like there needs to be some consistency!

My boobs just won’t cooperate. When the mastitis was at its worse I favored my left boob for breastfeeding. My right boob was in a lot of pain and Allie really would not breast feed there for long, probably because of the clogged duct milk was coming out very very slow and they say mastitis makes your milk taste salty. I was not getting much milk pumping either. So I guess my left boob made more milk to compensate.

Well now that all is cleared up and I have gone back to getting Allie to feed from both breasts equally the left boob is still overcompensating with the milk and it is now engorged, lumpy and painful. :grr: I talked to a lactation consultant this morning over the phone and she said to only pump enough in the left boob to feel better and then over pump in the right one to get it up to speed and everything should be leveled out in the next 4 - 5 days.

If it is not one thing it is the next.

Also at the end of this month I have a couple of quick court dates I have to attend. I think I am going to buy a manual pump. In case things go longer than expected I want to be able to pump my breasts while I am out but the courthouse is not my “office” so there would be no place for me to pump other than the bathroom. I figure a manual pump would fit easily in my bag, would be quick and quiet just so that I can quickly express milk if I need to? I dont want to get mastits again and I hate to have to lug a big noisy electric pump. Anyone use a manual pump at all?

[quote=chica509]He said its really common especially if they go a lot, which maya does. It’s better now- we just put a glob of triple paste on at each diaper change.

Guys who are bf- are u set w a schedule of every 3 hrs or does it change based on baby’s need/want? Sometimes maya wants every hour still! I’m starting to push her a bit by Giving the pacifier so she’ll get a fuller feeding at 3 hrs instead of just an appetizer at 2! Is that wrong? I just feel like there needs to be some consistency![/quote]

Chica what do they say at your bf group about that? You know Maya best; you can begin to determine if she is using you as a pacifier or she just may be a “grazer”. Being a grazer may be hard on you but that might be her eating style and she may need to eat more frequently to get all the nutrition she needs. Also Maya is still pretty small. Bigger babies have bigger stomachs and generally can wait longer to eat and sleep for longer periods of time.

I feed Allie whenever she wants. For the most part she puts herself on a schedule of about every 3 hours or so but sometimes she will fall asleep and want to eat an hour later and I just let her but this does not happen all day every day.

[quote=Erintobe]
In general we are doing well but twins is a lot and i want to get out of the house and visit friends but i dont know how to logistically do that on my own with two babies to feed. Guess this summer will be visitors to me and a lot of time with just me and the girls.
something i have wanted for years but can get lonely.[/quote]

Erin, I would say if you want to get out, just jump out there and do it. Believe it or not, it is much easier to travel around right now when they sleep alot than later. As they get older the travel part actually gets harder. Right now they are “portable”. Especially if they like the movement of the car, they sleep an entire ride. The key is to time your trip at the very beginning of a nap. Have you and your husband gone out with the girls together? Maybe you guys can do it together a couple of times and then it would be easier for you.

Hey fly glad the mastitis is under control - now just the boob catching up. Now I totally understand why ppl gig up bfing. It is really difficult! I don’t know ab a manual pump- there’s no office you could plug ur pump in at,? I’d hate for you to get a clogged duct or mastitis again if u can’t express the milk manually.

Yesterday m was a wreck. She basically didn’t nap at all during the day. I feel like dh always wants to play w her and overstimulates her. Then we went to my in laws and she was a basket case. She refused to nurse and was screaming. I felt like I was putting on a show and everyone was judging me. Finally I told my husband we are leaving and he got angry that I made a scene. Then when we got home she had more blood in her diaper. So now I’m freaking out bc my sister has a milk allergy and I’m scared m may too. I mean she either screams or falls asleep at nursing. It’s becoming more and more frustrating.

Are ur babies gassy? Have u tried gripe water? My ped said he didn’t think it helped but I’m just feeling like the worst mom that. M is in pain!

[QUOTE=chica509]Hey fly glad the mastitis is under control - now just the boob catching up. Now I totally understand why ppl gig up bfing. It is really difficult! I don’t know ab a manual pump- there’s no office you could plug ur pump in at,? I’d hate for you to get a clogged duct or mastitis again if u can’t express the milk manually.

Yesterday m was a wreck. She basically didn’t nap at all during the day. I feel like dh always wants to play w her and overstimulates her. Then we went to my in laws and she was a basket case. She refused to nurse and was screaming. I felt like I was putting on a show and everyone was judging me. Finally I told my husband we are leaving and he got angry that I made a scene. Then when we got home she had more blood in her diaper. So now I’m freaking out bc my sister has a milk allergy and I’m scared m may too. I mean she either screams or falls asleep at nursing. It’s becoming more and more frustrating.

Are ur babies gassy? Have u tried gripe water? My ped said he didn’t think it helped but I’m just feeling like the worst mom that. M is in pain![/QUOTE]

I’m so sorry you’re going through this Chica :frowning: E was really gassy and we tried griper water and it seemed to work a bit?? Not sure if it was just my wanting it to work though.

I contacted the milk bank about donating. It really is a long process but it’s the only thing that will make me feel better. I am almost definitely going to switch to formula eventually as “scalding” my milk after I pump is a bit crazy. Also it will be easier to let E set a feeding schedule since I won’t have to wake him up to eat while I pump.

Last but not least, I’m pretty sure he has thrush. We have a ped appt tomorrow so I’ll find out for sure. If it’s not one thing it’s another!!

Fly-I’ve never used a manual pump but that sounds like a good solution if you are only going to pump enough to take he edge off. I’m sorry you’re having these issues. My right boob was way off for a while after I had the clogged duct but it’s just about even with the left now.

Erin-I still don’t feel comfortable taking E out on my own but it’s more about my carpal tunnel and not being able to hold the car seat. I’m going to have to get over it because of his appt tomorrow though. For you can you time if between feedings? Maybe meet some friends somewhere they can help you with them?

ADe how do u know he has thrush?? Are ur nipples sore!? White??

The lactation consultant at the bf support group said u get pain thru ur nipple to your back!

I have white on my nipple but I don’t think it’s thrush bc maya doesnt have anything in her mouth. I think it’s just bc she doesn’t have a great latch so my nipple is like bruised.
I take maya out all the time by myself. Oh and ADe my Carple tunnel is getting better I noticed today

Hello Guys, I hope everyone is good. I am exhausted.

Ade–Did you find out whether E definitely has thrush? Poor baby. I hope not. If you have only been bottle feeding it will be a lot easier to get it cleared up than if you were bfing.

I feel you on the scalding the milk after you pump. That will be hard to do when you go back to work anyway. I was talking to my sister about pumping (I use my sisters as my pseudo lactation consultants as both of them bf’d 3 kids a piece until at least age one. One of my sisters went back to work when all 3 of her boys were between 2 and 3 months old). She didn’t bother to try to stash in the freezer. She would pump every 4 hours, which only amounted to pumping twice at work and would send to daycare the amount she pumped the previous day and she would also send formula as a back up. One of her sons refused to take the formula though. She did say that her kids never really needed the formula she just felt better sending it.

She makes it sound easy though I know it is not.

Chica–How is Maya? I hope you can find out whether it is a milk allergy soon. How do they test for the milk allergy, is it just process of elimination?

I use mylicon drops with Allie. She doesn’t need it often but all babies can be gassy. Mylicon drops are old school, when my DH saw the gripe water in the store he asked the pharmacist which one was most effective and what did people buy the most for infants/newborns and the pharmacist said mylicon drops, so that is what we bought. It seems to work for her.

Even without carpal tunnel I hate carrying the baby in the carrier, I just think it is too heavy. I have been out mostly only with my DH at this point, I have used my infantino carrier, which I prefer to do when we are going to a store or something because people won’t try to touch her if I am wearing her. I have a Dr appt with her on Monday and I will be alone so I will use my stroller. The carrier is a pain in the but.

AFM–Just a lot going on. My brother in law has been really ill. He went into hospice late last week and passed away yesterday. The funeral is in Tennessee next week and I think I am going to have to miss it. My DH does not feel comfortable taking Allie with so many people being there and I don’t want to be away from her that long.

Allie is doing great but I am so tired. Because I have a business, my associates and clients act as though I can work right through having a baby and my phone rings practically all day. I am winding a lot of things down and really don’t intend to work more than very very part time until Allie is out of the toddler stage.

Allie is also now up at night from about 2 to 5. Just up, wide eyed and bushy tailed, like where the party at. She wants to be entertained at those hours. She also has been nursing A LOT. I am assuming she is getting a growth spurt, so I have been indulging her need to feed. All culmintating in me being exhausted. My Dh has been home and helping me out a lot. So I can’t complain too much.

Also, Allie is such a wiggle worm. She rolled to her side pretty early and on at least 3 occassions (one in which I watched) she has now rolled herself on to her stomach. That scares the poop out of me, because I wake up and check on her to find her sleeping on her stomach. Once she did it while in the bed sleeping next to me. I am afraid she is going to suffocate herself. I was considering checking babies r us to see if they have something that keeps her from rolling over but then I thought if I keep her from rolling over she may not learn to roll over later when she is supposed to.

She moves constantly and if she can get something leveraged under her little tiny foot she will use the leverage to scoot all over the place. I guess I will ask the Ped about it on Monday.

I went to the OB on Monday to check on the mastitis. I have a pea sized lump on my right breast in the area of my areola. My OB wants me to go have an ultrasound on that breast. I think the u/s is totally unnecessary, but I guess she just wants to be cautious? Don’t know.

How is everyone else doing?

[quote=Erintobe]I would like to join you ladies. I am heading into my third fresh and have done one frozen. Got a chemical pregnancy from the first cycle which seems to be my MO. Both the fresh cycles were long lupron and the first was ok with 5 mature eggs but the second time with the same meds gave me only 3 mature eggs. I was a poor responder. :grr: Also seems my FSH jumped from 8 to 11 from one month to the next. Whoo hoo…

This time we are going NO lupron as they think I might have been oversupressed and BC pills for only 2 weeks then start stims. They are also going to give me the max dose of stims and hope I get more eggs out so I have more to choose from. Since I have no insurance coverage and used Attain this is my last try so they are going to throw the book at me. :clap:

I had my repeat water sono yesterday which was normal and will go for baseline 7/21 to start stims. I am a little behind you but would love company of people who have been through this before.

Odds suggest it is our turn… RIGHT!!! :pray:[/quote]

Do you happen to remember what you did different on the last IVF that was a success? Besides not using Lupron and only 2 weeks of BCPs?

M still has bits of blood in her stool. I’ve cut dairy so I’m now very confused. i don t think its an allergy bc she’d be vomiting not just bits, plus i’ve been dairy free for a week. maybe it is the fissure thing the ped said- i have been treating it with triple paste but idk, the blood is in her stool and he said the fissure was on the outside. I go back next week. he told me to save her dirty diapers for a few days.
i really hope my baby is ok…

Can’t believe how inactive our group is! I guess bc we are all on fb!

Trying to get M to sleep from 12-4 am since she has been giving us 4 hr stretches just at the wrong time Periods! Normally she’ll go from 830-130 so trying to just switch the period.

Anozi so snicker is active?? And likes to b held? Of course m is the same way- ESP during evening she can’t get Enuf and it’s so frustrating bc I need to make dinner!

How’s bfing going! Glad he is gaining like. Champ! Maya is too! She was 9lb at her last visit so that’s over a 3 lb weight gain since birth- she averages 1/2 lb a week!

Yes I’ve also cut dairy now bc of the blood. The ped doesn’t think it’s a dairy allergy, but just a small tear called a fissure and since she poops like 5-6 x a day it takes a long time to heal. Shes not vomiting and is thriving which he said would not indicate an allergy. Nevertheless she’s still has some blood do until we know why no milk for me. It’s hard too I didn’t realize how much dairy I eat!

Anyway hope your dh’s enjoy their dad’s day!!!

Hi Anozi!!

Sorry I’m not more active here. FB is just easier for me with the app on my phone :slight_smile:

Glad to hear Aniket is doing well, gaining weight. SO sorry he isn’t sleeping well without the holding/walking :frowning: Ethan takes a paci sometimes but we try not to use it unless he can’t soothe himself.

Ethan did have thrush. We gave him the medicine and I thought it had cleared up but it came back. He’s back on the meds and we’re giving him more this time. I’m also going to give it to him longer in the hopes that it will stay away this time!

Hope you are well!