IVF at PNW in Seattle

Hello ladies!:flower:

Just joined the forum today in hope to find people who have done IVF at PNW in Seattle, WA.
I am 30 years old and for 3 years we have been trying with my husband to have a baby but no luck…
We were treated at the UVA Hospital in Virginia for a year and a half but now we moved to Seattle and since we are new to the area I was hoping to hear some stories from people who have visited the PNW.
I have recently visited the PNW and handed them all my paperwork and test results from the UVA but my doctor seems to want to redo the testings and recommends IVF.
I have so many questions that I cannot find answers to online by googling and was hoping to hear some thoughts and experiences with IVF in PNW.
Thank you for your help!!!
C.

I’m sorry to hear that you have not had success up to this point. I am not from your state but I wanted to wish you luck. We went through soooo much to get our little miracle and it was worth every bit of it! If you have some IVF questions not specific to your clinic I would be glad to try and help you. I also have a lot of IVF info on my blog. Good luck, let me know if I can help in any way.

Welcome to the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I’ve only ever seen one other WA person on this forum so thought I’d drop you a line.

I don’t have any IVF experience with PNW but we did our tests there when we lived in Seattle [in 06]. We had to travel to the Eastside [Evergreen hospital] to do most of these but that may have changed?

We’re currently cycling at Overlake Reproductive Health, Bellevue because it’s closer to where we currently live and their success rates were equal/better than PNW.

We’re currently on our 2nd IVF and have chosen to do DE this time - I have DOR and am 38.

We did need to repeat our tests after changing clinics, although there was a few years inbetween. It seems most clinics here want you to do your tests over again.

Hope that helps a little.

Welcome to Seattle. I went to Seattle Reproductive Medicine (SRM), I loved my RE there. Good luck :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=hope4life]Welcome to Seattle. I went to Seattle Reproductive Medicine (SRM), I loved my RE there. Good luck :)[/QUOTE]

:clap: :clap: :clap: on your :bfp: You must be so excited.

We went to Seattle Reproductive Medicine, as well. The REs there broke away from the University of Washington several years ago to form their own practice. While it’s a large organization, it runs very smoothly and we loved the individual attention we received from Dr. Criniti. We were fortunate to have our oldest son via IUI and our two year old twin boys from IVF at SRM. We were also enrolled in an IVF study so our meds were free.

[quote=nashworth]:clap: :clap: :clap: on your :bfp: You must be so excited.[/quote]Thank you! We are excited, but I’m still nervous after waiting for so long.

[quote=tracitak]We went to Seattle Reproductive Medicine, as well. The REs there broke away from the University of Washington several years ago to form their own practice. While it’s a large organization, it runs very smoothly and we loved the individual attention we received from Dr. Criniti. We were fortunate to have our oldest son via IUI and our two year old twin boys from IVF at SRM. We were also enrolled in an IVF study so our meds were free.[/quote]Wow, 3 successes! That’s great. I agree with you about them running so smoothly even though it’s so large, and everyone is really nice. I work with a lady who went to Dr Criniti and really liked her as well. I went to Dr Davis I really felt she was warm and caring and a great doctor.

I went to Pacific Northwest Fertility. My situation was unusual that we froze sperm before my husband’s cancer treatment. Our situation was clear and our first step was IVF. We had success with twins. I can answer general (or maybe specific) questions if you have them. I dealt mostly with Dr. Shahine and Dr. Marshall. There was one coordinator who absolutely sucked and one I wished I had known about from the beginning. I forget names but could look it up. We had some grumbling about stuff but stayed due to the embryologists. We figured they were the most critical in our situation. My husband’s count in his single vial was under 150,000. PM as if you have questions as I might forget to check back here.

I’m up for coffee too if you have lots of questions. That big old box of meds can be daunting. It is all doable though. A goofy thing I did that can provide more in person support was Fertility Yoga with a woman named I think Lynn Jensen. I also went to a fertility acupuncture place downtown that I think helped a great deal.

Thank you for your kind words! I couldnt believe how many responds I had received.. its amazing to be able to share and find people who understand what you are going through!

Nashworth, thank you for your message and kind words! I truly hope that everything will go perfectly during your second IVF trial!
So I understand you also had to repeat procedures and testings after switching clinics…
Same hapened to us. Ive had all bloodwork done, HSG and gave the results to my Dr but she said it if we would agree to repeat the HSG and bloodwork, it would be beneficial for the future treatment. So tomorrow I am scheduled to have my second HSG, it will be at the Swedish . I already had one done in August 2010 at the UVA Hospital in Virginia and it showed a minor blockage on the right tube. Hopefully tomorrows HSG will go well and then maybe we can move to the IVF during December.
Wish you all the best of luck with your second trial! Keep us posted!

Ksseattle,
What a blessing to have two little miracles!!!
I hope all is well with your husband and he is healthy now!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the PNW.
I think I feel a little better now after hearing your success story!
I have HSG scheduled for tomorrow with Dr Marshall and hopefully everything will go well and then we can start with IVF in December.
I would love to have coffee with you some time and it would be really nice to share experiences and hear more about your success story!

[QUOTE=Caricia]Nashworth, thank you for your message and kind words! I truly hope that everything will go perfectly during your second IVF trial!
So I understand you also had to repeat procedures and testings after switching clinics…
Same hapened to us. Ive had all bloodwork done, HSG and gave the results to my Dr but she said it if we would agree to repeat the HSG and bloodwork, it would be beneficial for the future treatment. So tomorrow I am scheduled to have my second HSG, it will be at the Swedish . I already had one done in August 2010 at the UVA Hospital in Virginia and it showed a minor blockage on the right tube. Hopefully tomorrows HSG will go well and then maybe we can move to the IVF during December.
Wish you all the best of luck with your second trial! Keep us posted![/QUOTE]

I hope it all goes well tomorrow for you and you can move onto a cycle in December. Keep in touch and let us know how you go.

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

I’m currently in my IVF cycle with PNW and could not be happier with the care I’m receiving. I also started at SRM and just found it to be a bit big and overwhelming for me. I’m seeing Dr. Shahine and could not say enough good things about her! The staff and the nurse coordinators have all been wonderful too. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions!

Hi Yoganadshoes,
Thank you for the post, glad to hear that you are happy with PNW and Dr Shahine. I am also very happy to have her as my doctor. I have only seen her twice but I already feel I can trust her. She is so caring and knowledgeable.
I see that you have recently started IVF. I wanted to wish you all the best of luck!!! I hope everything goes wonderfully on your first trial. Will keep you in my prayers.
I hope that I will also be starting next month, just waiting on the insurance to approve and issue an authorization number. My FSH is 18.9 and their requirement is below 19…, so hopefully I can qualify.
I know that the high FSH is not very encouraging and Dr Shahine mentioned donor eggs but we would like to try on our own first and if it doesn`t work, will think about donor eggs later on.
All the best of luck for what is to come!
Please, stay in touch.
C.

Hi and welcome I also started ivf with srm but had to cancel due to personal reasons but when I tried to start back up they never returned my calls so I decided to go to the gyft clinic here in tacoma they are pretty good Im 38 blocked tubes my hubby has no mf so we are pretty excited that we are having ec this saturday :):pray:

Hi islandwahine,
Good luck on Saturday!!! EC means Egg Count, correct? Is this going to be your first IVF trial? Best wishes and please keep us posted!!!
Caricia

[QUOTE=Caricia]Hi islandwahine,
Good luck on Saturday!!! EC means Egg Count, correct? Is this going to be your first IVF trial? Best wishes and please keep us posted!!!
Caricia[/QUOTE]

Hi Carcia and thanks actually ec is egg collection im just learning these abv myself and it went great :woohoo: i had like 5 follicles that i knew of and they were able to get 7 mature eggs so we are waiting on that phone call tomorrow to see how many fertilized if any :cross:

Wow, happy for you!!!:clap: I hope you also had great news regarding fertlization today!!! Best of luck!!!:cross:
C.