IVF Cycle with DE II

Thanks Shalli! My 1st beta is tomorrow and I’m hoping for a good number since I took the digital test again and it said “Pregnant” this time, so I know I have enough hcg floating around! Also, we planned not on telling anyone for a while but we already have told both parents and I have my boss and a couple of co-workers. These people have been supporting me for nearly 10 yrs with all the IVF and are like my family. But the rest of my real family we will start announcing in tiers after tomorrow’s beta. Have a great day girl, can’t wait to hear your numbers!!

Hi Ladies!!

I got the third and last call prior to transfer today!
I am so excited and nervous!!

Out of the 10 embs, 9 are doing really really good for a Day 3 - they are mostly 10 or 8 cell grade 1 or 2 (they expect at least a 6-cell embryo at this point).
We have just 1 lazy emb that is still ‘under watch’… it is a 4 cell grade 2, but it is still growing, still developing… this one is the same one that it was a 2 cell on Day 2, so there’s still hope.
But, regardless, all the others are doing great!! :cheer:

We are now heading to a [B]Day 5 transfer[/B] for sure (this never happened before!!) to increase the chance of better quality embryos… I talked to my RE nurse, asking again the possibility of just ONE emb to transfer… and she said that t[FONT=arial][SIZE=2]he doctor and the embryologist will discuss that with me on the day of the transfer. With a DE, they normally recommend 1-2 to be transferred, it has a lot to with what quality of embryo I have. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial][SIZE=2]I pray we have all the right answers on that day! We won’t have any other call about the Embs. They don’t do a Day-4 analysis. We will only have a confirmation of the time we have to be there on Thursday! I am soooo excited.

As far as telling people… ONLY my sister and her DH know we are using DE, and a super dear cousin who knows we are trying it again… my sister’s DH is a doctor and is right along with us, I am so grateful for his inputs as well.

WELL!!! NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT A BIT LONGER… :babydust:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[B]Hopeful4baby2014 -[/B] how are you doing?
[B]Shalli - [/B]we will try to hold on to our news for a couple of months. DH’s family is a bit off the beat for news like that… I can’t see myself telling them anything as I would to my family. DH prefers to deal with just my family about this too :slight_smile: We will see how it goes. A day at a time.
[B]SLUSHY!!! -[/B] I am waiting for your OFFICIAL NEWS here!!! hehehehe… the biggest [B]BFP [/B]ever!!

TOYA!

Desi :woohoo:

I had my 2nd beta today, I am happy to report that they say everything still looks good. I was bummed to discover though that my RE doesn’t give numbers. The report simply is that my level is Greater than 400. I would love to know the actual number, but that’s ok. They have scheduled our u/s for the 17th, and we are really looking forward to that. I am feeling pretty good, but I am having some serious swelling issues. My RE is not concerned but my feet didn’t swell like this in my other pregnancies. Especially not in the first trimester! Anyone else notice any swelling?

Slushy- I am now even MORE confused to where my comments to you and Neihem (sp?) disappeared to… AARGH!
Slushy- I was saying that I definitely saw double lines and was telling you about different digital tests. The 'early response" tests for digital are the most sensitive! I am Sooo excited for your beta tomorrow! Come on BIG numbers!

Desi- Super news that your embies are growing strong!

Shalli- If you want to know your numbers, just call and ask the nurse! There is no real ‘secret’ and by law they have to share. It sounds like all is going well! As far as swelling, if you live in a hot climate that could be contributing. Try and elevate your feet/legs as much as possible and stay hydrated.

Lucy- That is great you started a new group on FB. I may have to sign up soon.

Babystuff- Good to see you! I’m trying to hang in here, as I want to continue to connect with y’all. It is sad that so many have disappeared.

Stacy- How are you feeling? Its getting close to the end and I know how tough it gets. Just remember the tough fight you endured to get this far and it will seem like a breeze!

Suzy- Always love your cheery notes! You Ire and my dd are so similar in size and feistiness!

TOYA- TOYA- TOYA!!!

I am doing ok. Just counting down the weeks now!! The only real complaint is that my hips hurt so bad, that I could cry. but hopefully the maternity belt will help with that.

I am doing ok. Just counting down the weeks now!! The only real complaint is that my hips hurt so bad, that I could cry. but hopefully the maternity belt will help with that.

Shalli~~ I would be going crazy not knowing a number for my beta!! But I am so happy for you and your Great Beta!! Whatever the number is!!! Can’t wait to hear about the US!!

AFM: had our US today and I am happy to say that our 2 little ones are growing great!!! They are both measuring 5 lbs!! WOW!! Iam shocked actually! I go for my NST this Friday. So will see how that goes.

Stacy-what are you feeding those babies? :slight_smile: for 32 weeks that’s a great weight! Seeing babies in the NICU I would have to say if they were born right now they would do well! Keep up the good work and your meet time is very near!!!

[B]Shalli [/B]- So happy to hear that your 2nd BETA is a CONFIRMED pregnancy! I know we get curious about numbers but… the fact you are PUPO and it’s been confirmed TWICE!! yay!! Good luck with U/S

[B]Godiva [/B]- you are so sweet, checking on everyone :slight_smile:

[B]Stacy [/B]- 5 lbs babies… are awesome!! soon you will have at least that weight in your arms…isn’t great to think about that!?

[B]AFM [/B]- [B]I AM SUFFERING with the PIO!! :frowning: [/B] my butt about had it. I am looking for other places that I can take these shots but not sure I should change it yet. Tonight is my last double dose of PIO. Then I will have just a single shot of PIO in the morning and the prometrium at night… but I still have to take E2, which is the same needle and location that I have been using/taking PIO… just can’t sit and walk without feeling the pain. I have to do something about it…

Suzy-Thanks for the hugs!! Can’t believe how big Ire is!

Desiree- Yay Everything sounds on target for a great cycle! I can’t wait to hear about your Beta!!! I would say if you have a top of the line embie, I can’t see why the RE would fight you for 2. Mine didn’t and we got the 1 to stick!! At our age to me twins would be very tiring and almost unhealthy for both us and babies. I have a few risks already and I really don’t want to expose 2 babies and me to that situation. Though if something were to happen and I couldn’t carry again but have my current baby, I would be fine with that! I have a friend that did DE and she got so sick with eclampsia that it has ruined her left side of her heart and has been told it would kill her if she were to get pregnant again. Needless to say she is ok with it, she has her baby!

Shalli- Yay for over 400!! Sorry they don’t tell you the exact number. That would upset me too. Hoping tomorrow they actually tell me the number. I think after 12 yrs I deserve that much! As for the sweeling watch your salt and up those legs!!

Godiva-thanks for info :slight_smile: I took one of those nasty digitals yesterday with the second pee (TMI) of the day and it came up “Positive” so I am very happy now and can’t wait!!

AFM- I’m tired. Wow didn’t know I could be so tired. BBS are sore and bloated. But smiling and hoping for a good strong number!! Blood draw is first thing in the AM and I am asking to have them call me at a certain time so DH and can get the number together.

Have a great night all… TOYA! sticky vibes to all!!

Hi everyone. I am new to the DE board. I had 2 OE IVFs and now I am pursuing DE because the odds are better and I don’t have an unlimited amount of funds to keep trying IVF with my eggs. I selected a donor but she is on depo. We are now waiting on her cycle to begin. It will be a couple of months before we are able to proceed with a cycle. Meeting with lawyer on September 16th. I am full of hope but I also understand that the first time and/or donor is not always the charm. The only issue I have thus far is old eggs. I have a uterine evaluation (hysteroscopy) either this Thursday or next week. It depends on whether AF is finished or not.

Congrats on your BFP.

[B]Shalli [/B]- So happy to hear that your 2nd BETA is a CONFIRMED pregnancy! I know we get curious about numbers but… the fact you are PUPO and it’s been confirmed TWICE!! yay!! Good luck with U/S

[B]Godiva [/B]- you are so sweet, checking on everyone :slight_smile:

[B]Stacy [/B]- 5 lbs babies… are awesome!! soon you will have at least that weight in your arms…isn’t great to think about that!?

[B]AFM [/B]- [B]I AM SUFFERING with the PIO!! :frowning: [/B] I am looking for other places that I can take these shots but not sure I should change it yet. Tonight is my last double dose of PIO. Then I will have just a single shot of PIO in the morning and the prometrium at night… but I still have to take E2, which is the same needle and location that I have been using/taking PIO… just can’t sit and walk without feeling the pain. I have to do something about it…

Welcome Zipper! Glad to hear you are here and you are in the right place! Lots of great gals here chalk full of info!

Hey everyone,

Sorry for a selfish post today.

So we had our transfer on 8/8. Everything looked beautiful. Our two blasts started dividing like crazy when the thawed and both were hatching on the transfer day. The transfer went great. I felt great. I took three days of bed rest instead of the two they require.

Five days after the transfer, I woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible sore throat. I work in the ER so when I got to work the next morning I checked and I had strep throat. I called my clinic, got antibiotics and started them immediately. And then later that night, I developed fever up to 102. I took Tylenol and got up every four hours throughout the night and never had fever again.

When we had our first HCG it was low positive at 21.8. Two days later, it was lower at 15. Then I stopped my medicines and got my period and on the third check it was 0. I feel confident that our blasts were beautiful and perfect and the strep throat ruined everything. I am feeling pretty down in the dumps about this whole endeavor. And this all happened while they were changing the format of the message board so I couldn’t deal with trying to figure out the board at the time. And I guess I just needed to step away for a minute. I am so bummed out.

Part of me knows that this was only our second transfer and lots of people take longer than that. But part of me is frustrated that with two beautiful, hatching embryos and me with a nice thick triple stripe lining and great labs and lots of resting we still couldn’t do it.

We are on the schedule to go again in October. We had previously decided that if we didn’t get pregnant the last time, we would change all our donor genetic material according to our doctor’s recommendation. But she wants us to use the two we still have left since the other two went gangbusters once thawed. So we will. And if that doesn’t work we will start at square one again.

Shalli - YEAH…great news for you…and even though they did not give you an official number, over 400 is very strong…So happy for you!

Desiree - I had major issues with the PIO as well, mostly because I had to give them to myself and could only reach a few spots. I have been off the PIO for two weeks and still have lumps in my rear! Although I hated the suppositories as well…

jnvg - there are no selfish posts when you are doing ivf!! It is such a stressful process as it is, I hate to use this word…but we are entitled to those feelings!! I am glad you still have another round of frozens to use…you never know.

Well,As I said, other than the VCI Issue, the babies were great at the nt scan. One is ahead by 5 days, but they are not concerned because the ‘slower growing baby’ is actually ahead of when my due date would technically be based upon my retrieval date.

I remember praying that this would work and saying that I would take a roller coaster pregnancy to have healthy babies. They are giving me a run for the money, that is for sure. The weekend before the NT test i gushed blood while out to eat and went to the ER (well, not RIGHT away! I had to suck it up as we promised our 3 year old, who did not nap, ice cream for dessert. If we had left then, all heck would have broken loose!) All was fine, thank goodness and they could not find a source of the bleeding, they called it a threatened miscarraige. Oh JOY!! But the NT scan was 3 days later and since they were doing great then I did not worry about it. No definitive source of the bleeding, but they could see a small pocket near one of the babies. Now we are leaving on a 5 day camping trip to the lovely San Juan Islands early tomorrow and I have a cold and a fever…ARGH…and am now bleeding again, albeit, very light… LOL, I swear…these babies are going to give me a heart attack. I see the OB in a week, hopefully the bleeding will just stop tonite. If so, I will just take it easy while we are camping (which is what I was planning on doing anyway) and TRY not to worry about it (try!!)

TOYA all…even though I have NO idea what that acronym even means!! I will catch up when we return. This site seems to be loading faster lately, which is great!

I am so sorry you didn’t get the results you wanted. This is such a difficult journey! As hard as it is, keep your eyes in the future… October is around the corner and, hopefully it will be it for you!! until then you will have a better chance to learn more about the issues that may make a difference. Hang in there!!
[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]]

[B]nheidem[/B] - ha! TOYA = thinking of you all :slight_smile:

I am just barely hanging in here with these PIO shots and pain in my rear end! :slight_smile: but I will do what I need to do… tomorrow is the day!!! Right now, I can’t hardly concentrate on today’s tasks. I will post tomorrow with some updates after all is done!
TOYA as well :wink:
Best,
D.

desiree- are you sure you are giving the shots in the right place and aren’t hitting your sciatic nerve???

It’s official… Beta is 175! Progesterone 35! Sorry no personals…I will come back later!! TOYA