IVF Cycle with DE II

Join us on the FB group! It’s not super active, but is very user friendly! It’s a “secret” group, but if you message me I will gladly add you! I would put my name on here, but thanks to the new format…anyone can search my name on Google and this link would come up. It’s a huge violation of privacy in my opinion. I’m only logging onto this forum every 4-5 days now…they totally ruined it in the name of “improvement.”

I wish I had an advise… but all I can say is that my period hasn’t been the same for a couple of years now. I can barely get to a “day 3” (as some tests require). It is like a rehearsal for 3 to 4 days (light drops) and then I have one full day (which is not that heavy, it may mean just “one heavier flow” when compared to other days), I get to day 2 feeling “ok… this may last a while”… but by day 3 I have almost nothing… and from there it is just a farewell until next month - the cycle repeats itself like that. I did take vitamin shots for 3 - 4 months prior to IVF but mainly to help me to balance my weight (complex B and others). In those months, I did diet and lost 30 lbs, just watching what I ate and taking vitamin shots, nothing else. I went for my IVF and was concerned with my period not being ‘very detectable’ yet… I am pregnant for about 5 weeks now, feeling really good and hoping to make it all the way to delivery! Lucyddr suggested a few things for you to discuss with your RE, those are good ideas. Other than this, I’d say your menstrual cycle will not affect your IVF routine, given all other stuff are good.

Slushy… you are sooooooo right… I can hardly stay awake!!

Thank you so much Hopeful! I checked in here this past few days but, seriously… I was soooo tired I couldn’t type a note!
And there was another time that I just couldn’t find our latest posts… :frowning:

Hello Girls!
Not sure who is checking in or not at this point.
This forum has nearly died… :frowning: doesn’t it feel this way!?

Well… I have been sooooooo tired, so sleepy and so out of orbit that the few times I checked in, I didn’t have in me the energy to type. Maybe because by the time I get to do this is already after 9 pm… and I am seriously changing my sleeping hours… amazing. AND DREAMS? all my Lord!! I dream the most weird stuff ever!! the funny part is that DH is sometimes in trouble in my dreams and so he says, every now and then, “was I in trouble today?” after I take a nap…

[I][B]I checked my progesterone level on Friday and got the answer on Monday - it was 42!![/B][/I]
The one test before last was 53, but 42 is still a good number… they want a number above 15, or 20 and higher… it will fluctuate…

Right now I am just counting the days for the u/s.

I hope all of you are doing OK and trying to check back before this forum completely dies…

TOYA!

Desi.

im not leaving…always thinking of you all…just between the new settings and a very very active lil girl…somedays I just don’t get to it…but keep on posting I try to read some daily…love…many hugs!!!

I’m trying to check in every few days, but I find myself very impatient with posting. I keep thinking it’s going to get faster, but I’m not so sure at this point. I’m sorry…I really think the admins killed this forum.

Good Morning All!
I haven’t checked in for a bit because I have not been having an easy time. The last time I posted I told you all that both embryos took and that we were having twins. I have had a lot of spotting which we though was due to a clot I also have. I found out this week that Baby "B’ actually split and was identical Twins. Triplets! Before I could even digest the information I had a gush of blood and rushed to the ER. Baby where I was told I had lost babies "B’ and "C’. My first appt. with my high risk Dr. was already scheduled for the next day (Yesterday). My new Dr. has extremely sensitive U/s equipment so I was able to get more detailed info. Baby “A” looks really good and is measuring 7 weeks 5days (exactly right) and has a HB of 163 bmp. The sacs for Babies "B’ and "c’ measure 6 weeks 3 days. The clot is still there. It is small but worrisome.
I am struggling with grief over the baby I lots and the 3rd baby I didn’t know we had. I know it would have been dangerous for me to carry triplets, but it is still so hard. Now I am living in fear for Baby “A”. I am trying to stay positive but I am learning how fast it can all slip away.

Shalli - so sorry for what you’re going through. Prayers being sent your way.

I am so sorry that you have to go thru this. Stay positive, and keep the faith. I know that is hard to do right now, but know that we are all thinking of you.

Shally. I am sooooo sorry!! Amazing how we can be so powerless… but I believe in a Higher Plan here… and I know some things work the way they do for a reason. Stay focused on your baby “A”… he/she is holding on to you for the entire ride, you will bring that baby home… that’s my prayer and my hope for you and your family!

[QUOTE=shalli74;n2610203]Good Morning All! I haven’t checked in for a bit because I have not been having an easy time. The last time I posted I told you all that both embryos took and that we were having twins. I have had a lot of spotting which we though was due to a clot I also have. I found out this week that Baby "B’ actually split and was identical Twins. Triplets! Before I could even digest the information I had a gush of blood and rushed to the ER. Baby where I was told I had lost babies "B’ and "C’. My first appt. with my high risk Dr. was already scheduled for the next day (Yesterday). My new Dr. has extremely sensitive U/s equipment so I was able to get more detailed info. Baby “A” looks really good and is measuring 7 weeks 5days (exactly right) and has a HB of 163 bmp. The sacs for Babies "B’ and "c’ measure 6 weeks 3 days. The clot is still there. It is small but worrisome. I am struggling with grief over the baby I lots and the 3rd baby I didn’t know we had. I know it would have been dangerous for me to carry triplets, but it is still so hard. Now I am living in fear for Baby “A”. I am trying to stay positive but I am learning how fast it can all slip away.[/QUOTE] I am so sorry for what you are going through. I will pray for Baby A. Lets try to keep the forum going. It has been such a great support for so many. SuzyQ - I am with you…not giving up…I keep checking in

Omg…can’t even edit comments. I am thinking about you and I know it sucks…you will get there though. I don’t mean to be flippant…I just know that if you keep on swimming you will get there.

Thank you all for being so supportive. I am feeling much better now. It has been a lot to process, and there are so many emotions to sort through. We are just focusing all our positive energy on our remaining baby. I will keep you updated. Thanks again for being here.

Hi everyone! It’s been a while since i posted. Small update. Last cycle we did iui. I am 13dpo today and bfn…so waiting on af to start birth control. We have chosen a donor. She starts her meds oct 4th. Will finalize everything tomorrow. We are working with a clinic in Seattle…so now the big stress is getting my husbands sample to the clinic in time. We already have a trip booked to go to Toronto to visit family this thurs to Sunday so my dh couldn’t get it there until next weekend, the 12th. That will be stim day 9. I pray that’s not too late otherwise we have to find a new donor…sigh! Looking forward to new things!!! Shalli I’m so sorry about your loss. There’s some higher reason these things happen, and all we can do is pray…I hope everything goes smoothly here on out with your little bean!

Sorry to hear about Baby B and C. Happy to hear Baby A is doing well. Keep fingers crossed that it continues that way.

Hope all goes well with you!!! Good luck! Seattle is a fun place… fun people, you will get the right donor :wink:

Hi ladies,

With 2 failed IVF notches on my belt and countless failed IUI’s, I am now seriously considering donor eggs. I found this thread and read the first few pages and feel like it might be a great place to get more information or just some support and words of wisdom.

I have rotten eggs. I know a lot of people feel this way when they are going through IVF but it appears that I really do. I have been married for 7 1/2 years and have 1 daughter who was conceived through IUI in 2009 in what now feels like a miracle. My husband and I have had test after test and everything always comes back healthy and normal. I ovulate regularly, I respond well to stimulations, my lining is perfect. I am a healthy weight, non-smoker, and have never had an STD. When we did the IVF cycles, the only thing we discovered is that my eggs do not fertilize and turn into healthy embryos the way most (even much older women’s) eggs do. This last cycle I had 45 mature eggs retrieved (so quantity is not the issue!) and after 5 days we only had 2 blastocysts worthy of transfer and nothing left to freeze. My first cycle ended similiarly. My RE may let me try with my own eggs one more time but the donor egg subject has been broached and is quickly looking like our only hope.

That said, I consider myself lucky. I am 1 of 4 girls. My older (she’s 32) sister and I are very close, she is finished building her family, and she has offered to help me. I think it’s a good option. She is a school teacher so I think I need to wait until June to be respectful of her schedule. She lives in a small town and there is not an RE nearby so it will be very inconvenient for her to help me but I still think we can make it work because it is important to me and therefore important to her.

The problems that I have…

(A) I struggle with guilt for wanting to take her up on her offer. I know the inconvenience of the dozens of appointments, the headaches caused by Lupron, the weight gain and fluid retention. Not to mention the burden of travel. She would likely have to go 3+ hours for doctor appointments and she has 3 young children of her own. Of course I would cover the financial portion of this inconvenience but there is a lot of emotional, physical and just inconvenience factors to think about.

(B) My husband doesn’t like this idea. He thinks it is wrong, awkward, perhaps even sinful. He thinks that if God wanted me to have another baby, then one of my eggs would work. Otherwise, he has said that I “won’t be the real mother” (hurtful) and that I should just be grateful for what we have. I am grateful for what we have…but I do not feel whole. I don’t know how to make him change his mind. Has anyone experienced this with their spouse? How did you get them to come on board?

How extensive have you looked at sperm issues? Your fertilization rate seems a little low. Have you used ICSI?

This last cycle I was wondering if you were overstimulated. If a cycle is “too” productive the overall quality of the eggs can be worse. There was a lady who did a split cycle (two recipents split the eggs) where the donor produced over 40 mature eggs and ended up with a similar cycle to yours. The donor was a repeat who agreed to do the cycle to help the other recipient get a full sibling.

Also, How many stimmulating cycles have you done? Could you have done too much in such a short perod of time. Maybe your body needs a break.

Best wishes that your little ones stays put about 31 more weeks! StaceyLA was on this board awhile back and is active on our FB board. She had the same situation (triplets to one) and designed the invites to her son’s first birthday party today! Hang in there!