IVF Doubts - please reply and help

Hi All,
i am planning to go for IVF treatment next month.

i have few doubts regarding this.

Mostly i ll need to travel for 3 hours by flight to reach my place after IVF treatment.

1. So how long i should stay in the hospital after embryo transfer?

2. Is it ok to travel by flight 3 hours after embryo transfer?

3. is it ok to go to walk for 2 Kilometers daily before the IVF treatment?

4. Any foods or any other suggestions that i should follow before my IVF treatment?

Please help me with your inputs / suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=Vijaya;n2607800]Hi All,

4. Any foods or any other suggestions that i should follow before my IVF treatment?

Please help me with your inputs / suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
[/QUOTE]

After embryo transfer, you should be able to go home that day – usually an hour after. However, you should probably rest and take it easy after. If you want to stay an extra day before flying back, that might be more relaxing for you. Mainly, no strenuous exercise after transfer. My doctor said light walking, but absolutely no jumping, running or anaerobic activity.

The only think I have heard about transfer, is that pineapple helps. I don’t know if this is true, but pineapple doesn’t hurt. Also, if you can take CoQ 10, many people seem to think this works, too.

Try to eat well and get plenty of rest! Some walking or yoga is good, but just keep your heart rate and walking at a steady, but not fast, pace. Good luck! This is exciting!

As far as the walking goes, I walked about 4-5 miles per day during my IVF treatment. I used to jog before I started my stim medications, but switched to walking once I started. As far as food go, just eat healthy. Eat as if you were already pregnant. Fruits and veggies always make good snacks :slight_smile: I have also heard that the bromelain in pineapples can help with implantation. Not sure if it’s true, but I always like to snack on pineapple anyway, so it wasn’t a big deal to eat some during and after treatment. Good luck with your cycle!!!

you can leave immediately if you dr allows it. My clinic has you get right up and go.

yep. perfectly fine. Just try to get up as often as possible to reduce risk of blood clots. I drove 13 hours immediately after my transfer.

yep - as long as you only walk.

I personally don’t believe any of the foods people recommend make a difference.

Candylilacs / Maryevelyn / Vwelyn ,

Thanks a lot for your tips.

I Pray God almighty that we all should get the healthy child through IVF.

My DH sperm count is very good. My AMH is 1.8.but when we did test to see how many eggs i produce, i just got 6 and Doctor told it is less for the 30 year old.

And Doc suggest Gonal F300. Is that fine? in your guess, how many eggs will need to produced?

how long the retrieved eggs can be stored by the hospital?

and to get the good healthy eggs, any suggestions you have?

Please reply.

I was on GonalF 300 and Menupur 150 but everyone is on different protocols. I’m a poor responder with a low AMH and on my best cycle have only gotten 4 mature eggs (and I’m under 30). Everyone is different. My RE put me on DHEA and CoQ10 for the egg quality. I also start acupuncture to help with my IVF response (which I had a much better response this cycle with it.) Good luck!!

1. 3 hours is not very long, but make sure you move every now and then for the blood to circulate. You usually stay around 30 min In the hospital. 2. Walking before ivf: you mean before you start the stimmulation? Before is ok. After, be careful. Don’t walk too much because there is always a possibility of ovarian torsion. Take it easy. 3. As for the food, I would avoid hot spices and sauces, in addition to cinnamon.

I stayed 30 to 45 mins afterwards and was on my way.

Husband drove me 5 hours back home while I layed and slept in the back seat of the truck, still got my positive

should be fine…

I don’t think it will really matter

Micfree14 / cosmopolitan4112008 AnastasiaC,
thanks for your kind reply and suggestions.
Hope we all are in good shape to start a family with new addition without any issues going forward.

Thanks a lot,

It’s been a long time since I came in and check in here - it’s been such a long journey for myself and wanted to come back. To answer your questions:

Mostly i ll need to travel for 3 hours by flight to reach my place after IVF treatment - maybe best if you can stay in a hotel for the night after implantation so you can relax and not have to go through a long flight and stress out.

1. So how long i should stay in the hospital after embryo transfer? I stayed for 30 minutes - the nurse will tell you.

2. Is it ok to travel by flight 3 hours after embryo transfer? I agree with others, it’s better if you relax and not do any strenuous activity that includes flying. Give yourself to relax and stay put somewhere for awhile. I did eat pineapple if that helps any. My first IVF was a success.

3. is it ok to go to walk for 2 Kilometers daily before the IVF treatment? Keeping yourself healthy and active will be great - it helps your body prepare :slight_smile:

4. Any foods or any other suggestions that i should follow before my IVF treatment? Lots of water, don’t stress and just prayers always help.

Good Luck to your journey and hope that you get what you’re looking for!

Thanks Mwalls.

i have some more doubts.

my AMH is 1.8

Doctor suggests me to take Gonal F300. whether this dosage is normal for IVF or is it high or low?

Whether wrong dosage of Gonal F300 stimulation injection will lead to some side effects?

And In general whether IVF is painful process?

i am little bit scared about the IVF process!!!

Please guide/encourage me.

Thanks in Advance.

There’s always a chance for side effects. However, there’s no alternative to this yet. As for your dosage – we won’t know until your retrieval and transfer. If depends on how well you respond to the medication.

Retrieval hurts. Not going to lie to you. Not while it’s going on – but later, you’re going to be sore and want some painkillers. The transfer isn’t a big deal. It’s the equivalent to a saline sonogram, but a lot of shorter. However, you’re going to be a lot more aware of your pelvic floor than you ever have been.