IVF/FET Spring 2012

TWINS!!! that is awesome! I’m so excited for you!

[QUOTE=jencat]Hey jenn! Hope that sch is behaving…

It is really slow here!!

Jenn holding… good luck tomorrow! I hope it helps you work your way along this prickly path.

Schmoo, where are you???

Arbor… man, you are trucking along! Time flies!

Better… what’s up next?

Bluck… GD does stink. I am afraid I will get it too… ugh. Sorry!

A FM, had us today, and there are 2 in there! Both doing very well, measuring right on time and nice healthy heartbeats. I am still a bit stunned by it all… dh is giddy. Edd is April 1!!![/QUOTE]

Jencat, TWO??? YIPPEE :preg: :preg: it’s crazy but so worth it!!! I’m sooooooo happy for you !!!

Hi ladies!!

Took a break from the forum took the BFN pretty hard then got jerked around by our clinic waited 4 days to hear the final word… Ughhhh

Jencat- I am so excited for you!! :preg: :preg: Congrats…:cheer:

Jenn7591- when is your next us ? Did the RE say anything about the SC?

Jennholding- the 25 th is right around the corner did your DH have any luck on the job front …? When do you go to Boston?

BBluck - that is crappy about gestational diabetes … Can u control it enough that it won’t cause any harm …?:grouphug:

Arbor- I can’t believe how far along you are … Are you getting the nursery ready…?

Ejinga- how are you doing … Did you have your WTH appointment…?

AFM- we have our WTH appointment tomorrow… I am interested to go to find out about the results of the RPL panel more then anything … We still haven’t decided what to do DH wants to try one more cycle I emotionally am strung out …

Great to see all your updates exciting to see happiness on the thread :grouphug:

My update…

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]Hello everyone,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]First off, congrats to you [B]Jencat [/B]on the twins! WOW! How awesome is that?! :woohoo: [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]If I could sum up life for me nowadays in just one word…HECTIC! Between battling my body for sleep and energy, feeling this kid move around for the first time, (and I must tell you that things started off like really sweet, soft and dainty little thumps…but a couple days later, all HELL BROKE LOSE with heavy hitters to the cervix and sides OMG:eek: ), school starting again next week, hip and joint pain, lower back pain, fatigue that comes and goes, and the chronic constipation, I want to scream. LOL! My husband really puts up with me, (bless his heart), but I know that I really give him a rough time. He takes it like a champ though and keeps being sweet to me. He is SO awesome. :flower:

I am currently 18 weeks and 2 days pregnant and my anatomy scan is in 10 days. My husband is really eager to learn whether we are on team blue or team pink! I’ll let you all know after we have our scan. :cheer: [/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi ladies

BBluck- sorry to hear about your gestional diabetes. I do that test in a few weeks. How are the twin girls doing? Have you figured out names yet? Working on the nursery? I found that getting started is very overwhelming, so I can only image what it must be like with 2 on their way!

Schmoo- nice to hear from you again. I think we all understand you wanting to take a break from everything for a little bit. This is a hard journey to take. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to stop our treatments and just hide from my infertility struggles. I can remember breaking down, and just not wanting to do another cycle. It’s tough, emotionally and physically. I think it’s great that you dh wants to do another round. And I think you should take what time you need to get to where he is at. As much as they love us, it is hard for our DH’s to completely understand how differently all this effects us. I wish you nothing but the best, and I believe you will do what is best for you when the time is right.

Myss- how exciting that you get to find out what you are having in 10 days! What does your gut tell you it is? It sounds like you’ve got yourself a little active baby in there, making themselves known!! I’m guessing it’s a girl. You’ll enjoy this ultrasound, they really go over alot of the baby, you get to see so much more than any other ultrasound. Or at least, that was how it was for me. It took about 30 mins. I can’t wait to hear all about it.

Holding- where are you? I’m guessing you are on one of your crazy work schedules! Well, I hope you are doing good and looking forward to your appt on the 25th.

Jencat- future mama of twins! How are you doing now that it has been a few days? Does it seem real yet? How far along are you now?

Jenn- how far along are you now? Has your bleeding stopped? I can’t remember if I told you or not, but I had a friend who had a sch, and she had a healthy baby boy. She did have to do less activity and take it easy. But all turned out fine for her. As I’m sure it will for you as well!

Afm- things are moving along nicely. I’m feeling my little guy more and more, it’s amazing to know that he is in there, moving around, kicking when he feels the need. Watching my body change is crazy. We’ve been registering for baby stuff, finally got the nursery theme picked out, even though because we are moving, I can’t put it together yet, at least I finally decided on one. My bff started planning my baby shower, so that’s exciting. I wanted to do it at 7 months, so I’m not too big and uncomfortable. I did tell her no baby shower games, just not a fan of those. Go back to the dr on the 27th, will do a gestional diabetes test and she’ll check on how everything else is doing. Crazy how things are happening quickly, but thankful everyday.

Take care ladies!

I’ve been reading everyone’s posts, but I’ve been hiding from posting. I have not had a good week and I hate to be the one posting most of the negative stuff. I’m tired of negative, I need something POSITIVE to happen in my life!

Schmoo - I am glad that you are back. I totally understand where you are at. I was so exhausted after IVF 4 that I told my hubby I needed a sixth month break before I do another treatment. We did not wait that long for the FET, because it is less work on the body and frankly we didn’t think it would work. We were doing it to get everything of ours out the RE’s office and then move onto a new doctor. We were shocked and amazed when it did work. I can tell you when I did IVF 5 I was better, and I think it had a lot to do with the waiting. We didn’t have a choice, but it was good for me not to be doing back to back treatments.

Arbor, Myss, Jenn, Jencat, and BBluck - I’m glad your pregnancies are progressing well. I can’t believe how fast things are moving for all of you!

JenCat - Twins is exciting and scary! I am so glad for you guys!

afm, well like I said before all I seem to have is negative, so you can stop reading now if negative is not what you want. My hubbys is still jobless. We put our 14 yoa puppy dog to sleep yesterday. We have had her since she was 8 weeks old and she’s been our daughter for the most part. I spent the day at the Geneticist on Wed, (which would have been better spent with our doggy) being told there was nothing really wrong with me. That XO doesn’t mean all that much for me because the percentage in my test was so low. Oh but XO is sometimes associated with higher miscarriage rate, as if I needed something else to worry about. Anyhow, like I said lots of negative. I hope to be back to my positive self next week.

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][B]arborbaby12[/B] - Funny you should say that! I have got strong girl vibes too, but hubby really wants that boy. LOL! I’m pulling for team pink and he is pulling for team blue. I can’t wait to find out if you and I are right! For some reason, my baby still feels like it is sitting pretty darn low. I will be 5 months along by next week Wednesday and to me, it seems I still don’t look very pregnant at all. While those who already know say they can see it, people who don’t know can’t tell unless I mention it. LOL! You have me really excited about this scan! :clap: :dance: :clap: [/SIZE][/FONT]

Hey everyone! Went to visit friends in Chicago this weekend… so I have been out of touch.

Jenn holding, I am so sorry about your baby puppy. That is such a loss don’t worry about sharing bad news, that’s why we are here. So take it easy, OK? Hoping hubby finds something soon.:grouphug:

Arbor, myss, bbluck and jenn… glad everything is coming along fine for you.

Schmoo, hope your meeting brought some clarity. It is so exhausting going through all of this, I know exactly how you feel. Take care of yourself…:grouphug:

A FM, at 8weeks one day. Still in a state of disbelief. Have first ob appt tomorrow… we will see what happens! Thanks for the support everyone! Happy Tuesday!

Becoming a little anxious…

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][B]jencat[/B] - Thanks! I am becoming a tad anxious as I await my anatomy scan next week. At first, I was perfectly fine, but now that DH is all excited and singing through the house, (he even made up his own “I Hope It’s Team Blue, But If Not I Love You Anyway” song…LOL!), that I am becoming a bit anxious for these next few days to zip by as well. Next week Monday, we find out what we are having and perhaps then, maybe I can finish my baby shower registries with something more gender specific. Either way, it’s a pretty exciting time for us and I think the suspense is beginning to drive me nuts, thanks to my hubby. Has anyone else gone through anything similar? [/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi ladies-

Holding- first off, I’m so sorry about your dog. I have 3 dogs, love them all like they are my kids, so I understand the heartache you are feeling. I’m also sorry things have been going kinda crappy lately for you. I know the struggle for your DH to find a job puts alot of pressure on you, and I’m sure he is extremely frustrated. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that some good comes soon!!

Jencat- WOW, I can’t believe you are 8 weeks already! Is this the furthest along you have gotten? How are you feeling? And you had your first OB appt today, how did it go? It’s all so exciting, I’m sure you and your hubby are over the moon with excitement! so happy for you

Myss- what you are feeling is totally normal. Finding out the gender of your child, kinda makes everything more real. It’s no longer a it, but a he or she. I know I was extremely nervous for that ultrasound, mostly because we hadn’t done any genetic testing, so I wasn’t sure what we would see. But I will tell you, that as soon as I saw him, and saw him drinking his amniotic fluid, all worries went away, and I knew that was my son. So on Monday, it all becomes a reality for you, and everything will be even better. And I loved hearing about your hubby’s song, thats very cute. My hubby doesn’t sing, but he is very proud of my belly and makes sure to show everyone how much I’m growing. It’s very sweet. Can’t wait to hear about Monday!

How’s everyone else doing? The threads been pretty slow, so I’m hoping that means everyone is moving along on their journeys.

Hi everyone. Sorry for not posting much. I’m. Back in one of my avoidance modes. I have some days that are really good, that I feel positive. On those days, I even look a little a baby stuff. Then others, I’m depressed, worried about the safety of the baby, feeling down. I had a good week, where the spotting was almost gone, bit then last. Ight, I had another round of spotting. To make matters worse, I couldn’t find the baby’s heartbeat in the few minutes before I ran out the door this morning. I’m hoping I was just stressed, and rushed and tired and that the baby moved from where she or he had been a few days ago. I’ll try again tonight, but if you all wouldn’t mind praying, I could use them!! My NT scan is next Tues. I’m scared abut that too. Not about the possibility of Downs, because honestly, if that is the child God has for me, I’m thrilled. Anyway, sorry for the long rant. Just feeling scared.
Jenn (holding) - I understand totally having negative days. (see rant above). I hope you are having some better days. You’ve had a lot of hits lately. I’m so sorry about your dog. Stay strong, things have to turn around soon.
Jencat- wow! 8weeks. Yay! How did OB go?
Arbor- how are you feeling?
Schmoo- how did the WTH appt go?

[quote=arborbaby12]Myss- what you are feeling is totally normal. Finding out the gender of your child, kinda makes everything more real. It’s no longer a it, but a he or she. I know I was extremely nervous for that ultrasound, mostly because we hadn’t done any genetic testing, so I wasn’t sure what we would see. But I will tell you, that as soon as I saw him, and saw him drinking his amniotic fluid, all worries went away, and I knew that was my son. So on Monday, it all becomes a reality for you, and everything will be even better. And I loved hearing about your hubby’s song, thats very cute. My hubby doesn’t sing, but he is very proud of my belly and makes sure to show everyone how much I’m growing. It’s very sweet. Can’t wait to hear about Monday!

How’s everyone else doing? The threads been pretty slow, so I’m hoping that means everyone is moving along on their journeys.[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][B]arborbaby12 [/B]- That is SO awesome to hear, and thanks so much for the encouragement! :flower: Honestly, my hubby isn’t a singer either, but this little one has brought about some awesome changes in him. LOL! I’ll be sure to tell all as soon as we make it back home on Monday! :woohoo: [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][B]Jenn7591[/B] - I can completely understand how you feel. I went through that exact same phase of stress and worry in the beginning. The further along you get, you worry a little bit less, but you never stop worrying completely! :slight_smile: The only thing I didn’t get was a doppler. I felt that it would become an obsession for me and make me stress even more if I couldn’t find a heartbeat everytime. I also worried about over using it, so to keep myself sane, I decided not to get one. I just sent a :pray: up for you![/SIZE][/FONT]

Well, sad news. Went to the ob today, I had a gush of yellowish fluid yesterday and so they did another ultrasound, and we have lost a heartbeat. Baby b is still doing OK, but i am feeling pretty hopeless. Seems like the same old stuff, different cycle.

Hope everyone else is doing OK…

Jencat- I’m so sorry. I know you must be devastated. I’ll keep praying for you and your other little bean.

Jencat- I’m so sorry for your loss of baby A. Please don’t get discouraged, you still have baby B in there and hanging on. My friend did IUI and got pregnant with triplets, but in the beginning, lost 2 but ended up having a beautiful baby boy. So, stay strong for baby B, he/or she needs you. I’m so sorry, I feel terrible for you. I remember that feeling of hopelessness. Big hug to you and your DH and I’m prayer for you and baby B.

Jenn- I’m sorry you have been having some rough days lately. It’s completely normal to basically constantly worry. Like Myssthang said, the worry doesn’t go away. But as time goes by, it does get easier to worry less. But you will never stop worrying. I had a friend who had a SCH, bleed off and on for the first trimester, it’s scarry. But she had a healthy baby regardless of the SCH. And try not to worry too much about not hearing the heartbeat, your baby is moving around constantly, even though you can’t feel it. Hopefully tonight you can find it. In the meantime, I hope you can find some sort of comfort and relax a little until your NT scan next week.

Hang in there ladies, I’ll b praying for you!

Jenn I would feel the same way if I was pregnant … I wish at times I lacked experience and knowledge when it comes to this journey When do u for a us…?

Holding -hang in there things are bound to change for you and DH :pray: Sorry to hear about your dog… We have a newfie and a chocolate lab and they are our life …:grouphug:

Jencat - sorry to hear about one of the twins… :grouphug:

Arbor- I can’t believe how far along you are! You are such a inspiration for me …

Mzzthang- can’t wait to hear if your on team blue or team pink!:cheer:

Believe2012- I think you are getting ready for a cycle…? Good luck and I am thinking about you…

BBluck - how are you…?

AFM- uhmmmmm so what does it mean when your doctor compares our fertility to a rabbit, then a mouse and finally a cow…? I got no answers other then barn yard comparisons…so I told my DH I think we should send our chart to the IA clinic just outside of town where they ivf cows maybe we will get a clearer answer… ?? WTF??
So we are looking at possibly doing another cycle out of country… But not another one here…

[quote=jencat]Well, sad news. Went to the ob today, I had a gush of yellowish fluid yesterday and so they did another ultrasound, and we have lost a heartbeat. Baby b is still doing OK, but i am feeling pretty hopeless. Seems like the same old stuff, different cycle.

Hope everyone else is doing OK…[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][B]jencat[/B] - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of twin A, but like Arborbaby said, twin B is still holding strong and needs you. I will be :pray: for both you and twin B that everything turns out fine and you give birth to a healthy baby. Loads of hugs to you. :grouphug: [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][B]Schmoo[/B] - Thanks! I’ll be sure to update everyone and let you all know which team we’re on! :cheer: [/SIZE][/FONT]

Jencat - I’m so very sorry about the loss of baby A.

Thanks ladies for the support. I’ll post more later, just still processing our latest doctor’s appts.

[SIZE=5]:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Jencat how are you holding up?:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: [/SIZE]

Jenn - we never stop worrying. As a matter of fact, my friend just found out she is pregnant and she is soooo nervous and scared. She had some spotting and cramps. I’ve been trying to help her through this process…so she says to me " when do I stop worrying?" my response " when you have the baby in your arms and then you’ll find something else to worry about." she laughed. I said its true! Here I am with my big belly and all I do at times is obsesses how I’m sure something must be wrong. Any pain, lack of movement, high sugar, you name it, it’s something for me to worry about.

Wlell, we have all worked so hard to get here, it’s just plain scary that something will go wrong…

Jencat - I’m so sorry about baby A. Be strong for baby B though I’m sure you feel devastated or maybe a little “robbed” of the experience you were anticipating. But Baby B is still a little blessing counting on you…I will continue to pray for your little bean…

Arborbaby - glad things have been moving along for you. I’m so happy for you. I’m also house hunting! Talk about stress…I have all this baby stuff and no room to put it. We live in a tiny townhouse in the city and a now looking in the burbs. Oh goodness…you have to love the unknown.

Schmoo - your post made me giggle. Not that what has happened is funny, just the words used by your doctor and your reaction! WTF is right!!! Keep us posted as yur blessing is right around the corner.

AFM, they have doubled my glucose meds to no avail, I think. My levels are extremely high or low…no balance. I just pray for my little girls. I want the to be healthy and this seems to be the biggest issue right now. I guess I can live with that. I’m 25 weeks tomorrow! I can’t beleive how time flies!!!

To the rest of you ladies…I’m praying for you too. I enjoy reading your posts and updates. I feel your pain, fear, joy’ sadness, excitement, etc…we are all walking on this journey together…bless us all!!!

Excuse typos…iPads are not the best for this…lol