IVF/FET Spring 2012

Congrats to BBluck on your two beautiful girls! I’m sure you are over the moon in love with them and so happy to have them here and in both your arms! Keep us updated on how things are going!

Myss- sounds like things are going good for you in your pregnancy! I’m so happy you had some luck with your 3d ultrasound, my little guy never wanted to cooperate for us. I guess you can say he’s kinda stubborn like both his parents!

Jenn7591- how are you doing in your pregnancy? How far along are you now?

Jencat- hows your pregnancy going? Would love to hear an update from you as well.

Holding- hows life treating you and your DH lately? Does he have a permanent job yet? When’s your next cycle going to be?

Better- I think you should’ve been thur another cycle by now?!? Hope things are going good

Afm, it’s been a roller coaster of the unknown these last few weeks. At our last appt, the ultrasound showed that my amniotic fluid had dropped and the baby is still measuring small. We were sent to the hospital for the non stress test (nst) where they monitor the baby’s heartbeat, if you are contracting, and his movement and a bio physical profile ultrasound (BPP) where they watch him for 30. mins to catch movements, him trying to breath, re measure his fluid. Luckily things looked good, baby is not under stress. So I was put on bed rest, had to go back a few days later for the same tests, fluid went up, baby still not under stress. Well, the testing continues twice a week, and I’m still on bed rest. We went to the dr on Tues, and she checked my cervix, nothing yet is preparing for labor. So, she’d rather not try to force me into labor, it might be too hard on me and the baby because my body isn’t preparing itself yet. So for now we wait, continue the testing and I stay on bed rest. Part of me just wants him out so I can know that he is ok, instead of the constant worry of is he moving enough? Is he getting enough nutrients? He may just be a little baby, not everyone has big babys. But I trust my dr, and he’s not showing any distress, so for now I guess it’s better he’s staying nice and warm inside me. I did have some braxton hicks contractions for the first time last night, woke me up several times thru out the night. Those suckers are uncomfortable, I"m gonna be such a baby for labor!

I hope to hear some updates soon from everyone, I miss hearing how things are going.

Take care!

Arbor,

That must be frustrating being on bedrest. Just keep reminding yourself why you are doing this and that it will pass soon!

I do understand wanting to have that little man in your arms. It will be worth it when he is there.

I do miss the updates from everyone as well.

We are doing as good as can be expected. My hubby still does not have a job. He keeps trying, but alas it’s not happening. My family all wants us to move back to Texas and we would love to, but he has to have a job. We are planning another IVF Jan/Feb time frame. We have to have the money together first of the DS. After we get the money together then we will schedule the IVF. We are hoping early though.

Jenn

Well I contacted my IVF nurse today. We are on the road again…I just can’t wait to get on the road again… Hehehe… Yup we are on the road. I go in on Dec 21st to see if I have ovulated and if I have then I will start Lupron and if I haven’t I go back on Dec 27th to check again. We will be starting stims about the 12th ish and then I will have retrieval end of jan/begin of feb. This should put me at an Oct delivery if it works. I’m excited and scared all at the same time. I don’t know what we are going to do if it doesn’t work. I mean like wait until Jun or try sooner. If we do a FET (or fresh IVF) after if it doesn’t work I’m not sure when we’ll try again. I’m not wanting to have a baby in Nov, Dec, or Jan (way to close to Sammie) Anyhow, I’m unraveling my ball of crazy too much :). Thanks, Jenn7591 for suggesting Fairfax Cyro, we love the software they have for facial recognition. We submitted four photos of hubby and had 7 matches with one and 12 matches with another, and the last two had no matches at all. We have narrowed it down to one match and will be going with him (if there is any vials left when we get around to buying it in Jan)

So I am excited about the next faze. I hope everyone is doing well. I can’t wait to hear how you guys are doing!!!

Jenn

Hi Ladies! I know it’s been forever since I last posted. I’m so excited to hear of the thread’s first baby arrival! Congratulations BBluck on your beautiful twin girls!!!

Arbor, I’m sorry to hear this last part of your pregnancy has been such a roller coaster. I can’t imagine how much you must be counting down the days until your precious boy is safely in your arms. It sounds like you’re being well take care of. I hope the next few weeks go by quickly and are uneventful. Will be praying for you both.

MyssThang, Happy to hear things are progressing well with your pregnancy. You’re in home stretch!!

Jenn, Congratulations on a girl!! I hope things have calmed down since the sch.

Holding, I’m so excited you are on your way to a new cycle, new hope and new chapter!!! That’s so neat about the facial recognition. I had no idea that existing in the world of IVF. Technology is really amazing. I’m sorry to hear your DH hasn’t found work yet, but it sounds like you have a good plan in the meantime.

Jencat and everyone else, sending lots of positive thoughts your way…

AFM, We got another disappointng blow back on October 30th. Once again, my lining did not properly grow and I developed fluid in my uterus during FET prep. Our cycle was cancelled 6 days before we were scheduled to fly to Denver for our transfer. Needless to say, we were incredibly disappointed.

The hardest part was coming to terms with another holiday season without a baby on the way. On top of that, Thursday is the year anniversary of delivering our sweet angel baby. DH and I are going to spend some time in the memorial garden where we scattered the ashes, walk on the beach and put up our Christmas tree together that day to reflect and remember. It is really hard to believe we haven’t gotten pregnant again by now. I never imagined that after being pregnant 4 times in 14 months we’d go so long without being sucessful again. It’s crazy to me that we have 11 chromosomally normal embryos in the freezer (what’s supposed to be the hard part) and my body doesn’t want to cooperate with FET prep! It’s so frustrating.

Because of some work obligations for both my DH and I were are going to start bcps with my cycle in January and hopefully do a FET in the first half of March. CCRM has a couple different protocols to address the issues I’m having, so at least there’s a plan of action. My next cycle they will give me injections of estrogen to try to kick start my lining. The good news is most of the time they can eventually figure out how to overcome these complications. The bad news is it’s trial and error so it make take numerous cycles for them to figure it out. Worst case scenario, we have to use a gestational carrier.

We are staying postive that we will be in the majority, and there is a successful FET in our future. In the meantime, there is a lot of chocolate and wine in my holdiay future.

Thinking of everyone :grouphug:

Hey everyone! So glad to see things picking up again!
First, congrats BBluck on your girls! I am sure you are in complete awe. I’m so happy for you.
Holding- hooray on starting stims! Just sent you a long winded pm, but iM glad Fairfax worked for you.
Arbor, how are things going now. Im sorry it’s been rough. Thinking of you.
Better, I’m sorry this last cycle didn’t work out. But great that you have 11 normal embryos to work with. It sounds like you have a good plan, and a good team. Enjoy that wine and chocolate! And what a sweet way to remember your little angel.
Jencat, I miss hearing from you. I hope all is well!
Myss, he’s almost here!! So exciting.
Afm, still chugging along. 26w4d. I still don’t believe it most of the time. I still have a hard time imagining that I’ll be holding my little girl in 3 months(or less). The SCH has finally resolved. Had a quick scare with some cysts on her brain but all is normal. My OB doesn’t do 4d ultrasounds, but I’m going to a private place that does them Saturday and can’t wait to see her. At this point, all is well. Not even terribly uncomfortable. I know it’s coming, but I feel so lucky to be where I am. So good hearing from you ladies!:grouphug:

Hi ladies-

so nice to hear from you all! I only have a few mins, so my responses will be brief.

Holding- I’m excited for you to start your new journey

Better- the ups and downs of this process can be so hard, stay strong and believe that things will happen when they are suppose too. sorry it’s been rough

Jenn- can’t believe you are 26 weeks! Have fun at the 4d ultrasound, I hope your little one lets you see her beautifu face!

AFM- we went in last Friday for a 20 min non stress test and never left. They saw some things that concerned them, so they ended up admitting me and started the thinning of my cervix. (btw, when they do a check on your cervix, prepare yourself, it hurts like h$%$$!) After 12 hours, I only dialted to 1cm, so they started a different process and my water broke. That started me into labor, and after 5 hours, I couldn’t take it anymore and got the epidural. Then he started showing signs of stress, so they decieded to do c section to get him out. So on Dec 1, 2012 at 9:47pm I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Alder Henry, 5 lbs 13oz, 19 inches. He started out with low blood sugar, so they kept him in the nursery. Then he started having blood oxygen problems, ended up being transfered to another hospital where he has been ever since. Seeing him taken away from me because I had to stay at the current hosptial, was one of the worst nights of my life. He developed this thing called PPHN, hard to explain, but thankfully everyday he is getting better, and stronger, and hopefully we will get to bring him home by next week. It’s been a crazy, stressful, emotional, beginning to my life as a parent. But I am thankful everyday that he is improving and headed in the right direction. Will keep you ladies updated as much as I can.

Take care

Arbor - Congrats! I’m sorry that the beginning has been bumpy, but I’m glad that you had/have such a good medical team that the baby is being well taken care of! I know it sucks not being in the same hospital as him!

When I was preggers with Sammie my cervix wouldn’t soften either. At one point the doctor was trying to manually get my cervix to move from 1 to 2 cm. When she was doing this I had not had an epidural yet and she told me, “I know I’m hurting you, but I’m doing that on purpose” It just made my hubby and laugh (after she was done). Yup be ready guys it hurts!

afm, we got a new addition to our family. She’s small and black and nips at fingers still. My hubby has been begging for a puppy, so we got a puppy. She is just the cutest thing ever. I didn’t know we were going to get her so quickly. I told him yesterday when we started discussing it that the house had to be cleaned a lot better than it is, because puppies get into everything. Well the house hasn’t been touched since the discussion (no time) and we got her anyway. Well he calls me a little bit ago, “She had her first accident, I hope you didn’t have anything important in that corner” After it was determined where he was talking about, I explained to him to her it’s not an accident as they paper train them and she went on the papers that were on the ground. Oh well so much for getting the house clean. Also, we now need a new cord for my laptop. I told him he had to watch her, ugh! Anyhow, I’m excited about our cutie. She thinks she’s a lap dog and I keep telling her (while she’s on my lap) you aren’t a lap dog. When you get full size you won’t be on my lap no more. We know she’s a lab mix, but we don’t know what she’s mixed with (looking at her I actually think she’s a full lab, but we’ll never know. We’ll see what she looks like when she gets older). She’s 11 weeks old.

Jenn

[QUOTE=arborbaby12]Hi ladies-

so nice to hear from you all! I only have a few mins, so my responses will be brief.

Holding- I’m excited for you to start your new journey

Better- the ups and downs of this process can be so hard, stay strong and believe that things will happen when they are suppose too. sorry it’s been rough

Jenn- can’t believe you are 26 weeks! Have fun at the 4d ultrasound, I hope your little one lets you see her beautifu face!

AFM- we went in last Friday for a 20 min non stress test and never left. They saw some things that concerned them, so they ended up admitting me and started the thinning of my cervix. (btw, when they do a check on your cervix, prepare yourself, it hurts like h$%$$!) After 12 hours, I only dialted to 1cm, so they started a different process and my water broke. That started me into labor, and after 5 hours, I couldn’t take it anymore and got the epidural. Then he started showing signs of stress, so they decieded to do c section to get him out. So on Dec 1, 2012 at 9:47pm I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Alder Henry, 5 lbs 13oz, 19 inches. He started out with low blood sugar, so they kept him in the nursery. Then he started having blood oxygen problems, ended up being transfered to another hospital where he has been ever since. Seeing him taken away from me because I had to stay at the current hosptial, was one of the worst nights of my life. He developed this thing called PPHN, hard to explain, but thankfully everyday he is getting better, and stronger, and hopefully we will get to bring him home by next week. It’s been a crazy, stressful, emotional, beginning to my life as a parent. But I am thankful everyday that he is improving and headed in the right direction. Will keep you ladies updated as much as I can.

Take care[/QUOTE]

Arbor!!! Congrats!!! I know it was a bumpy start, like Jenn said, but you and baby will be fine. I’m soooooo happy for you! Bless you and your new man!

I hope everyone’s doing good. Got my blood work today and they said my progesterone wasn’t high enough to start Lupron, so I go back for bloodwork on Monday and see where I’m at then. My dad made me laugh today because he was like, your doctor’s open on Xmas eve? I said Dad they are open 365 days a year because you have to monitor those who are cycling and can’t always control what day you have to see them. My clinic isn’t stimming anyone until after the 25th, so they might be closed on Xmas. Anyhow, looking like maybe Lupron on Monday.

Jenn

Welp, I’m starting Lupron tonight.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Xmas Eve and Has a great day tomorrow. I’ll be working tonight until 11:00 and at my other job 7:00 am tomorrow. I have dinner all set with most of it already put together and ready to go in the oven. I can’t wait to eat and open our gifts. We aren’t doing a lot gift wise, I got my hubby the puppy he wanted, the TV he wanted, and he got me the sperm I wanted, so really we’ve spent enough money over the last two months. We also got a new car after our van died a painful death. My dad put money in my checking acct and sent an email that said here’s your first car payment for our Xmas Gift. I think it is my favorite xmas gift so far. Anyhow, I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. I know it’s not always easy this time of year, but here’s to us all having peace in our hearts!

Hope everyone is doing good. I start stimming very soon. I started my :af: and so I go in tomorrow morning (or Sunday) for my blood/ultra. After that I will start stimming. I’m trying to figure out if I want to start the stims on Saturday or Sunday. If I started on Sunday and we triggered on day 10 which I have triggered on 3 times previously it would affect my job far less than if I start on Saturday and then have to trigger on Day 10. I guess I’ll talk more to my nurse about it tomorrow when she calls with instructions. We’ll see what happens.

Started my stims tonight. I have a HORRIBLE cold and have decided breathing is over-rated!

How is everyone else doing? I hope all is well with everyone.

They are taking the eggs on Tuesday

They got 37 eggs will know more tomorro

Dear Ejinga,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I had 2 failed IUI and 1 failed IVF. Therefore, I need to move on with FET. But with my income running low and my job is at risk. I don’t think I could afford so soon.

I would like to ask you if you can spare some time
and gave me your sincere opinion please. Can you advice me why clinics they
don’t use IUI method with fresh sperm ??? As success rate is so low[10%]
with standard IUI why potential donor health is not checked 1 month before
he give sperm donation and therefore with avoiding a freezing process
chances for succesful pregnancy will be at least 50%. I can’t stand IVF and
after failing. Its our money also running low so i and my partner we
thinking to find a nurse and donor to perform IUI without freezing the
sperm. For surely before that donor need to pass medical check up to see if
he is suitable to become a donor. Are they really big chances that sperm got
infected in contact with air and therfore baby is born with disabilities
??? I REALLY,REALLY APRECIATE PEOPLE IF YOU COULD ADVISE ME ON THAT ISSUE!!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SINCERE ANSWERS

GOD BLESS !!!

Sorry again for being spout of touch! The holidays and recovering from the holidays and getting ready for baby has been nuts.
Holding- wow! That all happened fast! And 37 eggs!? My goodness! Keep us updated on the fert stats! I’m really excited for you!!
Arbor, how is life with the little one?
Myss- check in with the good news, I sure your beautiful baby has arrived by now.
Jencat, thinking lots about you, hope all is well.
Bb, better and everyone else, thinking of you all!
Afm, 32 weeks now and going strong. I feel really good. E en the crippling at times back pain won’t hold me down because I don’t forget for a second how lucky and blessed I am to be where I am. I don’t want to rush anything, and at the same time, can’t wait until she gets here!

That is excellent news!! :grouphug: keep us posted I have been checking this board frequently but posting “shy”…

Hope all you beautiful Ladies are doing great!

Okay of the 37 eggs we had 25 were mature and of those 18 fertilized. My hubby was so cute he said, “that’s it?” I was it’s better than we’ve ever had and they didn’t ICSI them. Here’s to hoping they grow wonderfully and we have some frosties

Schmoo are you pregnant? You signature shows you had a good BETA in Dec, but nothing after the first BETA? I hope you are and everything is going good if you.

[QUOTE=holdingmybreath]Okay of the 37 eggs we had 25 were mature and of those 18 fertilized. My hubby was so cute he said, “that’s it?” I was it’s better than we’ve ever had and they didn’t ICSI them. Here’s to hoping they grow wonderfully and we have some frosties

Schmoo are you pregnant? You signature shows you had a good BETA in Dec, but nothing after the first BETA? I hope you are and everything is going good if you.[/QUOTE]

:cheer: that’s exactly how many we had!! :babydust:

YES I am :preg: 11 weeks tomorrow needed to sty off the boards we scrounged enough money to try one more fresh cycle it was very stressful everything was not going our way but we did transfer two beautiful embies and :thankyou: it worked !!

My fingers are crossed for you and DH :grouphug:

:cheer: :cheer: Schmoo that is wonderful news!!! Congrats!!!:cheer: :cheer:

Got call this morning apparently we have 19 growing now. I will be going in on Sunday for the transfer of the two best embies in the bunch.