IVF/FET Spring 2012

Hi ladies-

Elen- CONGRATS!! So happy for you!! :clap:

Schmoo- you poor thing! Nothings worse than getting so sick while pregnant, and man, did you have a few issues latelty!! so glad to hear that you are on the mend now and that your little one is doing well. Bummer about not being able to tell the sex! Looks like you’ve got yourself an independent one! What do you think it is? so glad your DH has been helping you. I know that when I was on bed rest, my hubby was a huge help. Keep us posted on your progress.

Holding- glad to hear you aren’t on total bed rest. Sounds like it was the type of bed rest I was on, limited activity. My husband wouldn’t let me do anything as long as he was home. I hope your bleeding stops soon. As far as my c section, yes I labored for several hours before they decided to do the c section. So you could say I had the best of both worlds, labor and a c section.

Afm, Schmoo you asked how we are doing. We are doing great, he is growing like a weed, will be 4 months on the 1st, already in 6 month clothing! You’d never guess that he was born with health issues and only 5 lbs 13 ozs. He sure has made up for it, and he’s a formula baby. I could only imagine how big he would be if I had been able to breast feed! He rolled over for the first time a few days ago, smiles up a storm, talks, wants to stand, he’s a very determined little boy. I love him more each day, and am so thankful for him. We put ourselves thru so much to get these babies, and it is so worth it.

Have a great easter weekend!

Hi ladies! I have been on and off reading but had not posted personals…so here it goes, sorry if I missed anyone, but thinking of you ALL!

Holding, glad things have been good and that the scare was nothing too serious. Please take care of yourself and that cute little baby. I’m always praying for you!

Elen, yippee!!! POSITIVE! O.M.G. I am sooooo happy for you. I wish you a Happy and healthy pregnancy.

Jenn, congrats on your new baby girl!!! How precious and wonderful. Bless you, your honey and that sweet baby girl…keep us posted.

Schmoo, glad to hear things are going good in your pregnancy. Can’t wait to hear more about your little acrobat! So cute! Did you at least get good us pictures? I hope so!

Arbor, oh goodness, I LOVE hearing your updates on your little man bc we are so close on the age of our babies. It sounds like things are going great. It’s incredible that he is also in size 6m! Same with my girls…and they were early. I wish you continued happiness!

AFM, twins are doing great. Madison will need a helmet for her plagiocephaly and has been going to PT twice a week. She will be getting it in the next couple of weeks. I’m glad we are being proactive about it. The neurosurgeon was letting us wait another month if we wanted to, but was glad we were ready to move forward. He said 5-8 month age rage is very critical bc it is when the skull is the most malleable. She will wear it for 3 to 5 months, so not too bad. I’m also weaning from the pump. I’m down to ZERO pumps this week. I was pumping 5 times a day, then down to 4 for a week, then 3 pumping sessions the next week, then 2, then 1 …and this week NONE. O.M.G. The PAIN!!! I’m miserable right now and want to tear my breasts from my chest. UGH…okay, but other than that, I’m still loving my sweet little girls…more than ever!

Bbluck try using cold cabbage leaves in you bra. It feels good and the cabbage is supposed to help dry up to the milk. Also tight sports bra and no hot water touching them. I used a hand held shower head when I was trying to keep the milk from coming in after Sammie’s passing

Arbor and BBLUCK, I love hearing about your little ones. Christina celebrated her 1 year birthday last Monday. She’s been walking for awhile and is now almost running. And she talks more and more every day. It only gets better with each passing day. Enjoy every minute. They do change so quickly.

Schmoo, I am sorry you were so sick but I’m glad you are feeling better and that the baby is doing well. Do you have an inkling as to whether its a boy or a girl?

Holding, hang in there. Do you know how long you will be on bed rest?

AFM, I had another beta Monday. It had more than doubled so things are looking good. My first ultrasound is Friday and I’m so nervous about that. It was during my 3rd ultrasound last time that I found out our baby no longer had a heart beat. It’s hard to keep those memories at bay and to just be positive, but I’m trying.

Hey y’all. I forgot to post the other day after everyone’s update. Even though I’ve been on bed rest I haven’t been near my computer much. My hubby likes to hang on my laptop, so that leaves me my phone, and I hate to post from that. So let’s see where was I?..

Schmoo - I’m so sorry to hear you have been feeling bad. It’s hard enough to feel good while pregnant (at least for me), and then to have other things going on too sucks. Once I’m off bed rest I’m sure I will be like you not allowed to do anything. I’m ok with that too. I want to do some things, but I keep reminding myself I want a healthy baby more.

Arbor - I can’t believe how fast he’s growing! It’s amazing how time flies.

Elen - I’m so excited for you! I know it’s scary with your history. I was told by my OB that once you experience loss it’s normal to be apprehensive until you pass the time frame that you had experienced your loss previously. For me that’s won’t happen until baby is in my arms, but I’ve worked hard at trying to relax with this pregnancy. Not always easy but something I keep trying for. I can’t believe your baby celebrated her first bday already! That is exciting, but reminds me again of how time flies.

Bbluck - how’s it going with drying up? I know it’s not easy, but I hope some of my tips helped. It sounds like you are having such a wonderful time with the girls! I’m glad that you have a solid plan with the helmet.

afm, I’m hanging in there. I can’t wait to go back to the doctor next week and see the baby. I’m bored with the bed rest, but it’s not horrible either. I don’t have tons of restrictions, but I am doing my best to listen to my body. I think I’m finally done bleeding, but I didn’t think it was ever going to stop either. So just hanging in getting a lot of tv time and not doing much else. I hope everyone is doing good!

Elen - how did the ultrasound go last week? I hope all is well with you right now.

afm, I had my followup appt today. It went well. They checked out the baby and everything looked beautiful on the ultrasound. I asked the tech to try and tell the gender, but she was unable to at this time (too early for now) I will have another ultrasound in 6 weeks and it will be my 20 week ultrasound with the anatomy scan, so maybe we will know what the baby’s gender is.

I hope everyone is doing good!

:grouphug: Holding - that is great news. Are you still on bedrest?

Elen - how did your ultrasound go on Friday…?

BBluck - did Madison get her helment yet…? I seen a little guy with one on the other day…cutsie…:grouphug:

Jenn - how is your baby girl doing…?

Arbor - how is your little guy I can’t believe he is already over 4 months…

Sorry if I missed anyone… hugs to all you Ladies :grouphug:

Hi ladies. This will just be a quick update and request for prayers. My first ultrasound on 4/5 went great. Everything looked as it should with a sac where it should be (really all they were looking for then). My second ultrasound was on 4/12. I should have been measuring at 6 weeks by then and they should have been able to detect a heartbeat. I was measuring a bit smaller than that, and too small for them to be able to detect a heartbeat. They told me to remain “cautiously optimistic” as every pregnancy is different, but that’s hard when one has experienced early loss a couple of times. But I am trying and praying and praying. So please pray for me. My next ultrasound is this coming Friday. We’ll know more then.

I hope all is well with all of you.

Elen - I know this is stressful! I will pray it all comes around! One thing I’ve heard is that with FET it sometimes attaches late, so maybe it’s just a late implanter and everything will be fine this Friday! I pray this week swings by fast for you and things are great on Friday! I know the anxieties are hard to not have especially when you’ve been there before. Hang in there!

Thanks Jenn. That actually helps me not feel quite as hopeless. Even the nurse told me to stay positive so they obviously haven’t given up on this little one. It’s just hard to stay positive sometimes.

Elen, I think it will be hard to stay positive even when things turn out good this Friday! I am praying for you and thinking about you! I can’t wait to hear how things go on Friday! Hang in there, the weeks half way over now.

:grouphug: Happy Monday Ladies

Holding - are you still on bed rest for placenta previa…? How are you feeling…?

Elen- I have been thinking about you all week… let us know how your ultrasound went… :pray: everything is ok…

All you other ladies busy at home with your little ones… thinking about you… :grouphug:

AFM - DH and I have a ultrasound this Friday we have to pay out of pocket it for it but we decided to have one before my scheduled 30 week because DH hasn’t seen baby since 5 weeks… unfortunately he works out of town so he is pretty excited as am I…:cheer: I will be just over 25 weeks and we are told its a good time to view in 3D …? Has anyone had a 3D ultrasound…?

Schmoo that sounds very exciting…I have not had one but I have seen others and they are really cool. No I am no longer on bed rest, but still restricted from some things. Amazingly I did stop bleeding last week. So I’m just hanging in there.

Helen I’ve been thinking about you a lot too!!! I hope no news means good news.

I hope everyone else is doing good.

Hi ladies!
Elen- how did your ultrasound go? Praying that things looked good and that you are too busy with Christina to have checked in. Hugs to you
Schmoo- can’t believe you are almost 25 weeks! And your poor hubby not being able to see your little one more often. I had a 3d ultrasound at 27 weeks. We never got any good pics, my little man was hiding every time! They actually did the ultrasound 3 x’s for us, trying to get his face. So I hope yours works out better than mine did! Because when the baby cooperates, you can get amazing pics. And you don’t know the sex right? Hopefully you can get that question answered too! Let us know how it goes!
Holding- glad to hear your bleeding stopped. How far along are you now? How are you feeling with everything in this pregnancy?
BBluck- how are you girls doing? Is Madison adjusting ok to the helmet? Did you have a c section? If so, maybe we can private message about the healing process. Just looking for someone who understands.
Jenn- I hope motherhood is treating you well. Can’t wait to hear about your little girl, what’s her name, how big she was, how was your labor? So much good stuff to tell.
Things are going good for me and my little guy. He’s changing so much, starting to reach for everything, is almost getting the hang of eating cereal, full of smiles that melt my heart, I love him more everyday. But I got to tell ya, having a kid this late in life is so tiring!! lol, I’m not sure if I have the energy for another! Besides, we are seriously considering adoption, maybe adopting one a little older. I hate the idea of having an only child. But who knows what is actually in the cards for me. Definetly, not another IVF, we’ve got 1 frozen embryo or a surprise natural pregnancy. So, whatever will be, will be.
I hope everyone is doing good, look forward to some updates!

Arbor - I love hearing updates about you and the kiddo. I think there are upsides to being a parent older, but you are right being tired is definitely a downside. My husband and I had always dreamed of a family with four children. I yoyo all the time now that it’s taken as long as it’s taken to get preggers and all. I’m 36 and while I didn’t plan on having tons of space between kiddos I think about it all the time how many I’m going to try and go for after this. We have 6 snowbabies, so that’s always a possibility. We discussed adopting an older child through foster care. I don’t think we have ruled that out, but we still don’t know exactly what we will or won’t do. I am 16 weeks pregnant today. I’m doing alright. I do wonder every now and again if the baby is still alive and growing. It’s not something I ever wondered when I was pregnant with Sammie, but alas my innocence has been shattered and I now know that babies can die anytime while en utero and there’s frankly nothing we can do about it. I try not to obsess or spend too much time thinking about it, but when I’m alone it’s a natural place for my mind to wander. I don’t think I could actually share that with other women. I’ve already been told to “enjoy the journey and not be paranoid” and that was when I had the bleeding scare that would have made anyone scared. So for the most part I keep these thoughts and feelings to myself.

I hope everyone else is doing good.

Hi ladies,

I know you’ve all been thinking about me so I thought I’d update you on my status. First, let me thank you for all your prayers and support. I have been feeling them.

Unfortunately, the ultrasound showed no more growth and no heartbeat. There should definitely be a heartbeat by now, so the pregnancy is not viable. Friday was a hard day, but by Saturday I was already feeling pretty ok about things. I mean not completely ok. I am still grieving, but it’s just different than the last time. I have my daughter to be thankful for. Also, I was a bit further along last time and had already seen a pretty good image of the embryo and a heart beat. We didn’t get that far this time. Now I have to decide what to do: wait it out, take some meds to cause the miscarriage, or do another D &C (I went this route last time). Thus far I plan to wait it out, although I hate the uncertainty of not knowing when it will happen, I do prefer to do things naturally if possible. But I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to stand waiting. Has anyone had experience taking the meds? Can anyone share information on how long it took between when they found out a pregnancy was not viable and their miscarriage? I’ve been told it can take up to 4 weeks! Ugh. I just want it over with. That, and the fact that I wanted something to bury, were the reasons I opted for a D&C last time. My D&C went really well, so I’m not sure why I want to wait this time, but it does feel like the right decision for now. Anyways, I’d appreciate your insights.

By the way, if any of you ever want to private message me about adoption, I’d be thrilled to discuss it with you. It has been the greatest gift of my life thus far. And we do plan to close this door and pursue another adoption. I’m also feeling old and don’t want to put my body through anything more.

Hi Elen, I’m so sorry for your loss. I was really hoping that you would be sharing good news. My first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage at 9 weeks, couldn’t find a heartbeat or fetal pole at 6 weeks, they kept me on all my fertility meds, hoping it was growing a little behind, but that wasn’t the case. For me, I went off the fertility meds that helped me to stay pregnant, and within 3 days I was spotting and miscarried. There was some pretty bad cramping, but from what I’ve read about other womens experiences with a natural miscarriage, I was lucky it wasn’t that bad. Like everything else, everyone has a different experience, but I thought that a natural miscarriage was the way to go for me personally. The waiting for it to happen was scarry, and I only had to wait 3 days. So I hope you can do what you are comfortable with. Once again, I’m so sorry for your loss. Big hug to you!
Holding- Wow, 16 weeks! Thats great. I totally get the constant worry, its natural for women like us who have struggled to get where we are. I know our situations were different, but after I miscarried with the first pregnancy, I constantly worried during the 2nd one. It’s just who we are, and that’s ok. Always feel free to talk about your fears with us, if anyone can understand where you are coming from, its us. And screw those people who tell you to “just relax and enjoy the journey!” If they had been thru what you’ve been thru, they wouldn’t say those sort of things. I know people mean well, but for me, it always pissed me off when people made comments like that. Then again, I was pregnant and totally hormonal, so maybe I was over reacting! haha. But seriously, We are here if you need us.
I also wanted to thank you ladies for being supportive with me and my little guy. I always worry how much I should say, I don’t want to be insensitive to those who are still struggling. I understand that struggle, and I continue to log onto this thread because I want to see everyones progress. I get so excited for you ladies when someone gets pregnant, I feel like I’ve been part of your journey. But at anytime, if it gets too much for you ladies to hear about me and my son, I will gladly not mention him.
I hope everyone is having a good week!

Elen - :grouphug: thinking about you and DH… I am so sorry. When we didnt’ see a heartbeat back in Feb it took only 3 days before I miscarried…

Arbor - I love to hear up dates about you and your little guy… exciting and gives me hope that this journey does have a happy ending…

Holding- you are not far not far behind me :cheer: …16 weeks wow time flies…

Hi EOE! :grouphug:

Holding, I’m loving your updates. I tried the cabbage and it helped a bunch. I’m finally past that hump. I’m in a better place now with my boobs;) I don’t blame you for feeling some of the apprehension and fear. Especially after everything you went through with Sammie. The whole time through my pregnancy I worried too. I guess it never really goes away. Now I worry about their safety and the future…oh goodness. Something so sweet that my hubby would tell,me during the pregnancy was “I’m afraid you worrying so much is going to keep you from enjoying your pregnancy and embracing it.” Now, looking back, I see he was right (but don’t tell him). I wish I would have worried less, but it’s not in my nature. And it’s easier said than done, especially now. I also agree with Arbor, only we know what we have been through! Of course we worry! Wishing you the best… You deserve it!

Elen7, sorry about your results and what you have to go through right now. There is something great for you coming, just hang in there. I know it’s a lot to process and physically and mentally go through. I will pray that you get though this with a healthy mind and body soon! Praying for you! By the way, Christina sounds absolutely precious. I’m looking forward to my girls walking too. Wow! What a blessing.

Arbor, I’m so happy to hear about your little man. I can just imagine and picture all the wonderful things he is doing. I also get tired! I know what you mean about feeling older. I thought I was done with the twins, but now I’m thinking maybe one more. I don’t know. I wonder if I’m just being greedy now. Sometimes I think I should not tempt fate…whatever that means.
. I had a c section too. Feel free to message me about it. I would be glad to share my experience as I have some issues and concerns too.

Schmoo, how are you feeling? I hope all has been well. Yes, Maddie got her helmet and she is doing great! Much better than I expected. She looks cute! A little boy asked me what happened to her head and I joked and told him she’s a motorcycle rider…lol. But then I told I’m she just needed to fix her head a little so it could be pretty like his. I like it when people ask. I’m very open about it. We did the 3d ultrasound and it was great. I think 25 weeks is great. Any sooner and the baby looks a little spooky. It’s a little weird but I think we’ll worth it. I love our pictures we got.

AFM, I loved your post arbor about sharing news and details our little ones. Arbor said what I wanted to express too about sharing and letting us know if we need to back off with cutsie stories sometimes. Thank you for letting me share my joy too!
Madison has been going to therapy twice a week and has just been moved down to once. I’m so happy for my sweet girl. She looks adorable in her pink helmet.

Okay, it’s late…I’m off to bed.
Goodnight wonderful ladies! Prayers and Blessings for all of you!

Elen - First I want to say I’m so very sorry! I am also sorry I haven’t been able to reply before today. I have been praying that this next phase goes smoothly for you even though it’s a sucky phase. I am so very sorry! I am glad that you are looking forward to adoption again. I wish there was more I could say to help, but I truly am sorry!

Arbor we love to hear about your baby. You have come along way to be able to share such great news!

Schmoo - Yup I’m not that far behind you. At the rate I’m going we might deliver together :wink:

BBluck - I’m so glad to hear your daughter is doing so good with her helmet! I know it was nerve racking before hand, but I hope it passes quickly. It’s awesome her therapy has gone to once a week!

afm, I really appreciate all of your guys comments! I need that loving support! We had another bleeding scare today I woke up with bright red blood again. We were told to come right in and we had an ultrasound and doctor visit. The ultrasound showed everything fine with no collection of blood. I was told to stay home in bed today and re-evaluate tomorrow before going to work. We did find out that we are having an Unbashful, Open to the World, Proud little boy! We are excited to see that and it was fun to tell people. I didn’t know if it was too early after all we are still in week 16, but hey he was proud to display :).