IVF First-timer

Hi - hoping to connect with other IVF first-timers or people with IVF experience who can provide support. I am a single (divorced) woman about to undergo IVF to have a child on my own. No DH just me. I am waiting for my period to start so I can begin the meds - I will be using a combination of Gonal/Bravelle (the Gonal is super expensive even with my co-pay and nurse had some extra Bravelle so she said I could start on that and then order more based on how things go), Ganirelix, trigger HCG and then Crinone from the retrieval on. I’m very nervous and the process hasn’t started yet. If anyone has experience with these specific medications and can comment regarding the side effects I would greatly appreciate.

38 yrs old
Lapr/Hyst surgery revealed problems with fallopian tubes so RE recommended IVF rather than IUI
11/25 or 11/26 - anticipated baseline/cycle start
:pray:

I am far from a first timer, but I just wanted to say I commend your courage in going through this alone, and to be a single mom. It sounds like the protocol you are on is Antagonist, I have done that and am currently pregnant from my last cycle using it. The main side effect I feel with the stim drugs is a feeling of fullness in my ovaries after several days. It’s not painful, just a little uncomfortable. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message. I’ve been through IVF 6 times so I can help you with what to expect. Good luck! The hardest part for me, by far, was managing my emotions and expectations. It’s a lot of weighting on phone calls and results and can be very stressful in that regard.

Thanks

Hi Family Member - thanks so much for your reply. I’m still new at understanding all the abbreviations and acronyms but if I’m reading your profile correctly it looks like you are pregnant now… and if so congratulations and I will say some prayers for you. 6 IVF attempts and TTC for 3 years must be really difficult. I think my insurance is going to cap out after 1 attempt so at that stage I’m not sure how realistic it will be to try it again, but I’m taking it one step at a time and really trying not to think beyond the cycle at this stage. There is always adoption and fostering and I’ve considered both of those options, but there is something in me that wants to try for a biological child. I have heard the same thing about the stims creating a feeling of bloating and of being uncomfortable. I’m going to try to take it one day at a time. I appreciate the reply!