IVF ICSI New*

[FONT=Calibri]DH SA - 2.5 mil / 22% motility / 8% morph (due to double hernia & undescended teste as a baby with surgery to correct). I don’t really know how bad these results are with all perimeters? [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Me- HSG great, FSH good, no stds, current pap smear, P[/FONT][FONT=Calibri]rog. low- last draw on 100mg of Clomid 6.1. (I had 3 failed rounds). & periods irregular from 31-51 days.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]I have read various forums that suggest that with his count it will be IVF + ICSI. My insurance does not require IUIs before starting IVF, we go this Sat for RE consult with all results in. (AF is thankfully holding out for me incase we need to FSH tests again). :cross: How much more testing needs to be done before we can start IVF- since my periods are irregular I’m just trying to prepare myself mentally for the wait.:pray: [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Thank you ladies advance for your help!:cheer: :cheer: [/FONT]

Have you had a mock transfer with transvaginal SIS ultrasound yet? I had to have one of those befoer we start.

[quote=kmjf114][FONT=Calibri]DH SA - 2.5 mil / 22% motility / 8% morph (due to double hernia & undescended teste as a baby with surgery to correct). I don’t really know how bad these results are with all perimeters? [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Me- HSG great, FSH good, no stds, current pap smear, P[/FONT][FONT=Calibri]rog. low- last draw on 100mg of Clomid 6.1. (I had 3 failed rounds). & periods irregular from 31-51 days.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]I have read various forums that suggest that with his count it will be IVF + ICSI. My insurance does not require IUIs before starting IVF, we go this Sat for RE consult with all results in. (AF is thankfully holding out for me incase we need to FSH tests again). :cross: How much more testing needs to be done before we can start IVF- since my periods are irregular I’m just trying to prepare myself mentally for the wait.:pray: [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Thank you ladies advance for your help!:cheer: :cheer: [/FONT][/quote]

No, I haven’t had that done.

First off, welcome! This is a great place to come…sooo many supportive, understanding people here.

It will likely be a couple months (atleast) before you actually transfer. If your RE is done with all testing, then you will likely be put on bcp’s at the beginning of you next period, after that the stims will start (usually an average of about ten days). Then once you transfer it would be about two more weeks before you find out if it worked.

Also, not all RE’s do mock transfers…I never had one done. This just basically checks the shape, angle, etc of your uterus. Lets the RE’s anticipate any problems that could arise at transfer.

As for your test results…we have male factor infertility as well…my hubby’s count was in the thousands (I would have been thrilled to see anything in the millions). I honestly don’t know too much about the other numbers. The good thing about ICSI is that they only need a few good ones!