IVF in September 2013

Hi All,
I am new to the forum and seeking support and guidance
from everyone as starting my first( hopefully last) IVF in September 2013.

V are getting it done as DH as Sperm issues and I have PCOS. As my sister had troubles falling pregnant
I thought before we start trying v should get ourselves checked we both are 30. So before v got into monthly trying we found out we couldn’t conceive as his sperm count was low, antibodies were high, motility low like everything opp of what it should be!!!

So everyone please support me - guide me. As I am very nervous anxious scared😟

Can you help me on the below:
I am 94 kg . Will loosing weight make it more favorable?
What diet should I go on?
What should I eat more of and less off?
Will Accupunture help?
Anything specific I can do to give it my best shot??

Thanks so much everyone!

I’ll join

[quote=Simmi1234] V are getting it done as DH as Sperm issues and I have PCOS. As my sister had troubles falling pregnant
I thought before we start trying v should get ourselves checked we both are 30. So before v got into monthly trying we found out we couldn’t conceive as his sperm count was low, antibodies were high, motility low like everything opp of what it should be!!!

So everyone please support me - guide me. As I am very nervous anxious scared???

Can you help me on the below:
I am 94 kg . Will loosing weight make it more favorable?
What diet should I go on?
What should I eat more of and less off?
Will Accupunture help?
Anything specific I can do to give it my best shot??

Thanks so much everyone![/quote]

Hi Simmi, I will gladly join you on this board. I had been considering starting a Sept 2013 IVF board myself. I started 90 days of birth control a few weeks ago and I am preparing for my 2nd IVF to be the 2nd week in September. I will start stimulation at the end of August (next RE appt is Aug 22) and while I am enjoying the summer and don’t want to wish it away…I always get anxious between treatments!

Did I understand you right about not even ‘trying’ before being told to jump into IVF? Are you ‘trying’ in the months between now and September? IVF is pretty hard on the soul, body and pocket book so I wouldn’t let your RE push you into the decision too lightly…while it’s also a good feeling to jump in feet first. I’m sure you have thought it all through! My first RE back in…2009 I guess…seemed to think IVF was the only solution for my hubby and I and we got pregnant on our first IUI with my now nearly 3 year old girl. My RE acted shocked but I was nothing but grateful. Now, round 2…hasn’t been as quick or easy but it’s totally worth it IF it works out in the end!

I don’t know about things to do to make it your best shot but I do think about those types of questions myself a lot. I am taking a handful of vitamins / supplements while on birth control (alpha lipoic acid, CO10, DHEA, B-Complex, prenatal, omega 3, and something that starts with a py…). Some RE’s think the supplements help, seems like most don’t, but I haven’t heard any of them say that taking them in moderation up through stimulation point is a bad idea so…

I don’t know the lb to k equivalent of your weight (lol) but I’m sure it helps to be living a healthy lifestyle prior to the procedure. I am a healthy weight but I was a much more happy weight before I started all the infertility treatments last April. Something about not exercising and all the infertility drugs puts a girl at a disadvantage! I am definetely using these in between months to exercise and try to get into decent shape before my next IVF. I don’t really know if it will help but it certainly can’t hurt!

Hi ladies! I am joining you for September IVF! This will be our first one. I am excited and nervous. Started BCP last Thurs because of a cyst found while preparing for our 4th IUI. We decided to just move on to IVF.

Hey ladies
I am joining you for a late sept ER & ET. Still in recovery mode from a failed IVF in late may:grr:
Waiting for AF to start BCP. Will be doing BCP for 2 months then Stims in mid sept. In the meantime i’m trying not to run crazy.
Are you doing anything to improve your chances for a BFP? Diet? Exercise? Fasting and prayer

1st IVF

Good morning ladies, I’d like to join the September group as well. I had a few unsuccessful IUIs last year, and decided to try IVF this time. It’ll be my first try, but I’m optimistic.

I started taking prenatals again last week, I’m also trying to keep an exercise schedule and eat more fruits and vegetables. I’m been drinking nothing but water except for my morning cup of coffee. That’s pretty much all I’m doing to prepare for now. Hopefully it will be enough!

Good luck to everyone ladies!! :babydust:

Glad to see our September thread is getting a little group going…today is July 1st so we only have 2 more months until it’s our turn!

Yay, I’m excited to have a little group going now too!

Me too! I was really surprised to see a September board already started.

:woohoo: I’m so ready to get this cycle going, 2 months will feel like forever. Hopefully, it will fly by though! I’m just so excited thinking we could all be pregnant by the end of the year!

Hi ladies I am hoping I won’t have to be here but I am getting prepared. I had my first and only iui yesterday and if it fails I will be doing ivf sept/oct I don’t like being a pessimist but I need to know the next plan if it fails.

Hi all,
I have joined the July/August group, but it seems like everyone is far ahead if me, and I think I will be closer to September when we complete our 2nd IVF, so I will be joining this group too!

Started BCP last week ans will be on those until the end of the month. Baseline is August 3 and then I will start stims. Excited and nervous all at the same time!

Bballmama - Welcome! You will be a couple weeks ahead of us but it will be fun for us to watch you get started! I will probably start stims on August 22nd at my baseline appointment as well. My IVF clinic only does IVF one week a month though (Sher) so they will be aiming for me to be ready for the egg retrieval the 2nd week in September. I am not sure why my RE scheduled my baseline quite this early actually. It is a whole 20 days before the first day that they will be aiming to do retrievals and I think it usually only takes me 10 - 14 days of stims. I guess maybe he would just see me on the 22nd and get all the meds ordered and start a little later. OR maybe the difference is that I have been on birth control this time and they will need a few days to transition be off of it. I have ready something about this (overlapping with Lupron maybe?)…

Puglove - Be sure and let us know if your IUI works after all and don’t just disappear on us! lol Why did your RE only want to do 1 IUI before switching to IVF? If it makes you feel more hopeful, in October 2009 I had my first IUI and became pregnant with my beautiful and vivacious little girl who just turned 3 last weekend. Unfortunately I have had many more IUI’s trying for #2 with much less success but thought I would share a more uplifting story…

Does anyone know what their medicine protocol will be yet? With my 1st IVF my RE did a letrozole and follistim combination. I read something in Dr. Sher’s new IVF book along the lines of letrozole hurting egg quality and having little use in an IVF program. I had poor quality eggs / embroyos on my first shot and I am curious if I should try to talk my RE out of the letrozole for the next cycle. He is sort of a letrozole fan so it might be hard!

Hey Josie I’m glad to hear a success story. I’m hoping to be a success story someday. The reason I am only doing one iui is because my insurance will no longer coverinfertility so I have to til 12/31. So I only have time for 1 iui and 1 IVF. I need these to work because I know we can’t afford treatment out of pocket. Thanks insurance company for putting more stress on me.

No kidding! Well at least you can squeeze an IVF in there and increase your odds. I am jealous. I have ‘great’ medical insurance with absolutely no infertility coverage. Sigh.

Hi ladies!

Looks as though I’ll be joining you as well. This will be my 3rd IVF. I never thought I would say that…January was my 1st and it was a :bfn: but April was my first :bfp:. First ultrasound at 7 weeks showed baby and we heard its heartbeat (amazing!) at my 9 week, baby had grown by 12 days but there was longer a heartbeat. I have a frostie from that cycle but I’m too scared to use it. I will be doing a fresh cycle in September (hopefully) but will be doing PGD testing on all embryos. I used misoprostol to induce miscarriage (abortion) first 2 doses didn’t do the trick. Had to do a 3rd but still had bleeding for 4 weeks. Yesterday’s appointment showed some blood clots still there so another dose last night. This is honestly the longest miscarriage ever! Go back in 2 weeks for another checkup. My RE is avoiding a d&c to prevent scarring/ashermans syndrome. I have been doing accupuncture since the beginning of January. But stopped when this all happened, I will be starting again soon. Good luck to all of you and I’m very excited to be with a great group of ladies already!

[QUOTE=mannic777]Hi ladies!

Looks as though I’ll be joining you as well. This will be my 3rd IVF. I never thought I would say that…January was my 1st and it was a :bfn: but April was my first :bfp:. First ultrasound at 7 weeks showed baby and we heard its heartbeat (amazing!) at my 9 week, baby had grown by 12 days but there was longer a heartbeat. I have a frostie from that cycle but I’m too scared to use it. I will be doing a fresh cycle in September (hopefully) but will be doing PGD testing on all embryos. I used misoprostol to induce miscarriage (abortion) first 2 doses didn’t do the trick. Had to do a 3rd but still had bleeding for 4 weeks. Yesterday’s appointment showed some blood clots still there so another dose last night. This is honestly the longest miscarriage ever! Go back in 2 weeks for another checkup. My RE is avoiding a d&c to prevent scarring/ashermans syndrome. I have been doing accupuncture since the beginning of January. But stopped when this all happened, I will be starting again soon. Good luck to all of you and I’m very excited to be with a great group of ladies already![/QUOTE]

Hi manic, I think I remember you from the Jan ivf board. Hate to hear what a roller coaster you have been through this then. I feel emotionally drained but I bet you are just exhausted from the ups and downs. Sigh. I took time off after my failed Jan cycle and stuck with IUI’s and stimulated sexy time cycles. My diagnosis is very much like yours. Not much explanation for why we can’t get pregnant on our own but many guesses and a long history of it just not happening. My RE finally admitted that all the medicated cycles were futile and that we needed to jump into another ivf cycle for a chance or at least more of a diagnostic picture. So here I am…

I am considered unexplained too it is so frustrating I can’t try to fix something if I don’t know what I am fixing. Also I am really frustrated with my re its the only clinic my insurance covers also it is 200 miles away the next closest is 400 miles away. They keep telling me I’m unexplained but they haven’t done hardly anything to find out. My hystersalpingogram was fine but I still worry that I have endometriosis. Also my labs for insulin and thyroid are “borderline” so they won’t try medications for those and I told them as soon as I ovulate within a day or 2 I feel pms my obgyn says that can be a sign your progesterone drops. So I thought the re would put me on progesterone after my iui or at least check the level nope after my iui they said call in 2 weeks with + or -. It’s only been 3 days since iui and I already feel like :af: is around the corner. I :pray: my one chance at IVF works if not dh says we are done but I think if its out of pocket after that I want to at least go to a good clinic to at least find a diagnosis. Anyone know the best clinic in the Midwest ?

[QUOTE=josie_skye]Hi manic, I think I remember you from the Jan ivf board. Hate to hear what a roller coaster you have been through this then. I feel emotionally drained but I bet you are just exhausted from the ups and downs. Sigh. I took time off after my failed Jan cycle and stuck with IUI’s and stimulated sexy time cycles. My diagnosis is very much like yours. Not much explanation for why we can’t get pregnant on our own but many guesses and a long history of it just not happening. My RE finally admitted that all the medicated cycles were futile and that we needed to jump into another ivf cycle for a chance or at least more of a diagnostic picture. So here I am…[/QUOTE]

Yes, I remember you from January as well. Sorry you have been unsuccessful as well. Yes, the unexplained is beyond frustrating! I really hope september will be better for all of us. I am emotionally drained as well. But now that I know I can get pregnant and I had no issues carrying it, I am that much more determined to see this through!

[QUOTE=mannic777]Hi ladies!

April was my first :bfp:. First ultrasound at 7 weeks showed baby and we heard its heartbeat (amazing!) at my 9 week, baby had grown by 12 days but there was longer a heartbeat. [/QUOTE]

I’m so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I know how heartbreaking it must be for you. I wish you the best of luck with your next cycle though! :grouphug:

[QUOTE=josie_skye]
Does anyone know what their medicine protocol will be yet? [/QUOTE]

My RE wants me to do 4 vials of Bravelle a day during stim cycle. He said my amh is double the normal values for my age, but for some reason I responded slowly during my IUIs so he’s being a bit aggressive. He told me normally I would do 2 vials a day and the most any of his patients ever use is 6 per day, so I’m starting in the middle of that range.

new to sept

Hello Ladies!!

I’d like to join you on this thread…I was all set for a July/Aug IVF cycle but during my trial transfer Fri July 5th my RE found a uterine septum…it can cause miscarriage and inability of embryos to implant…so I have to surgery to correct the septum…and our IVF has has been postponed till Sept…

For now I’m taking a prenatal vit…baby aspirin…and metformin…just trying to eat healthy and stay active…also trying to stay stress free and maintain a positive attitude :slight_smile: