IVF October - December '13

I did not see a thread started so I thought I would start one. I will be gearing up to start my IVF #2 sometime between Oct - Dec it depends on $, my cycle, and when they are cycling for IVF.

A little about me I have done IVF before but its been 6 years ago. I did 1 fresh which did not take but the 1st frozen took and I got my DD. We want to give her a sibblibg and started to try when was 2.5, we have done 5 FET’s (2bfn and 3 m/c’s). We were mislead in the “quality” of the embies. We have sought out a new Dr who dies IVF and repeat miscarriages so here we are.

[quote=melodynewsome]I did not see a thread started so I thought I would start one. I will be gearing up to start my IVF #2 sometime between Oct - Dec it depends on $, my cycle, and when they are cycling for IVF.

A little about me I have done IVF before but its been 6 years ago. I did 1 fresh which did not take but the 1st frozen took and I got my DD. We want to give her a sibblibg and started to try when was 2.5, we have done 5 FET’s (2bfn and 3 m/c’s). We were mislead in the “quality” of the embies. We have sought out a new Dr who dies IVF and repeat miscarriages so here we are.[/quote]

Hi Melody! We just had an IVF cycle in April/May, and are taking a break for a few months to TTC naturally and just mentally regroup. I don’t have much hope for “naturally”, so we are also actively planning to do our next IVF cycle in October, possibly Nov or Dec if we can’t get situated again by October. I think we are going to try an antagonist protocol as the long Lupron don’t seem to work for us. We are in the process of trying to get a second opinion too. I love my current RE, but we are still considered “unexplained”, and I want to see if another RE would offer a different point of view. When you say you were misled about the quality of your embies, were you told they were better or worse than they actually were? Sometimes I think we have an egg quality issue, but RE wont come out and say it.

So thank you for starting this thread for the end of year IVFers. Are you doing anything to prepare for your next cycle over the next few months? I am trying to lose the weight I gained on my second IVF cycle.

Hi,

I could t find the post…lol

When I say mis-led we where told we had great quality blasts. My new RE says the fact that they could not get to blast until day 6 is not that great in how they boasted the quality was great.

I have been trying to loose some weight not so easy :frowning: We had my tubes checked again to ensure they were not blocked or leaking and I was fine there. I need to have a chicken pox booster because I have a low immunity. My thyroid antibodies are gone - yeah! This is the last month for trying on our own before the shot because I will not be able to try the month we I get the shot. I am hoping it just happens in CA!

I come to find out that the nurse told me in my file my RE wants me to meet with a prenatal perntoligust before I can stim because of my height and weight and I am at increase for diabetes, pre-ecampsia, and high blood pressure which I have never had including with DD. I also have had every diabetes sugar test under the sun after my 3rd m/c. I am nervous as what happens if they say NO YOU CANNOT DO IVF. I am 34 just under the 35 but I will be 35 while pregnant so I want to get this done.

So the plan will be try try try to get preg this month. If I am not I will get the shot at the end of July and test the end of August. As soon as I get my orders I will meet with this other Dr when I come back from CA, I leave next week.

What state are you in? I am in AZ and this new RE is suppose to be one of the best for repeat loss, unexplained and ivf.

Hi Ladies! Figured I would join you! I am scheduled for a laproscropy and endometrial biopsy in August so after we wait a month or so, we should start our next cycle around Novemberish?

I pray this is it for us! We aren’t getting any younger!

Melody - my last name is Newsome too! So funny! I am in Columbus, Ohio, but my RE is in Cincinnati. We didn’t have any luck with the our previous one that was in Columbus.

Sweetpeony - it appears we have similar history. This will be our 4th IVF too (Did I really just type that??) I hope this one works. My husband and I are both trying to lose weight and get on the right track mentally and physically to hopefully increase our changes :cross:

Good luck ladies! :babydust: :babydust:

Lol that’s so funny about the lady name. I use to work for a company which had my flying to OH a lot but now new company and no travel so far :).

Hope time gets here soon. Just nervous about pertologist visit.

When is your appointment? I am not familiar with a pertologist. Do you know what all they will be doing at your appointment?

[quote=melodynewsome]Lol that’s so funny about the lady name. I use to work for a company which had my flying to OH a lot but now new company and no travel so far :).

Hope time gets here soon. Just nervous about pertologist visit.[/quote]

I am waiting for the refferal to be faxed. I am leaving for vacation Monday so it won’t be until I get back. I have no idea what they do at this appt and the unknown scared me.

Hi girls, sorry to not respond for a few days, been a nutty week!

Melody, that is awesome you got a second opinion before going any further. Its also nice they are being honest about the blasts, or at least it sounds like they will try everything in their power to get you blasts that will be stronger. Sometimes I get a little concerned that our current clinic is a bit lax about our own scenario -that is why we are consulting with another RE, want to see if he would be willing to look into a bit more before another IVF. That really great about the thyroid antibodies being gone -one less thing you have to be concerned about. :nerd:

What kind of things are you doing to lose weight? I am working with a nutritionist, she has put me on a low-glycemic index or low-glycemic load diet. I don’t have any blood sugar issues, however supposedly this prevents crazy insulin surges which cause you to gain and retain weight. It has been pretty effective the past 2+ weeks I have lost 6 lbs already. Its not quite Atkins as you can still eat many fruits and veg, but she tells us to cut out most carbs and sugar, high fructose corn syrup, potatoes, most breads etc, and focus on protein, protein, protein and veg/fruit. I mention this to you as we have not had horrible embies, but they haven’t been great either -and we are still unexplained. Whenever I stim my follies grow really fast but my estradiol lags and never seems in decent proportion. Well, we did a stim cycle with timed intercourse while on this diet, and while I am not holding my breath for it to work, and still in the 2WW, I will say my follies were much more steady, and my estradiol was much higher than usual -I wonder if that means the eggs were better quality. So, there might be something to it. Have you tried anything like that for the weight loss as I wonder if it can help the embies too? I am going to mention this to the REs, current one and 2nd opinion one to see if they think it means anything. I wonder if it will help on our next IVF. Im not holding my breath for this cycle as its the first attempt since I figured this out and that may not actually be whats causing our problem. AZ is an awesome state -I am in New England . it sounds like you have got a great RE now! It looks like you have been through so much so I hope you have lots of success with this one. Hope you have a great vacation!

KTF - 4th times a charm, I’m fairly certain :flower: . Yes, we do have a similar history, do you know what caused your :wings: ? Ours turned out to be a chromosomal abnormality. What does the Laproscopy entail? We are also trying to lose a little weight before doing another IVF. I gained a bit on my second cycle when I got pregnant for some reason and just wasn’t able to get rid of it.

Its nice to know our IVFs are a few months off, I feel like it gives us lots of time to mentally prepare, get tests done, and just feel better about our cycles when we get to them.

I have always been told that diet plays a huge role with infertility. Whether its true or not, I don’t know. I was just diganosed with celiac and have found good info on the web about the affects gluten can have on our systems. Sounds like you are doing great! 6 pounds is awesome! I hope this cycle works for you!! When is your 2 weeks up?
I don’t know what caused our :wings: . The previous RE I had was not that great and never really had any answers for us. I was just happy we got pregnant. Now we just need it to stick! Hopefully the endometrial biopsy will help!
From what I understand, the lap is to look for endometriosis and make sure the tubes are clear. I don’t really have any symptoms, but really heavy periods, but I wanted to have it done just in case there is something going on in there.
Good luck to you!!

[quote=SweetPeony]Hi girls, sorry to not respond for a few days, been a nutty week!

Melody, that is awesome you got a second opinion before going any further. Its also nice they are being honest about the blasts, or at least it sounds like they will try everything in their power to get you blasts that will be stronger. Sometimes I get a little concerned that our current clinic is a bit lax about our own scenario -that is why we are consulting with another RE, want to see if he would be willing to look into a bit more before another IVF. That really great about the thyroid antibodies being gone -one less thing you have to be concerned about. :nerd:

What kind of things are you doing to lose weight? I am working with a nutritionist, she has put me on a low-glycemic index or low-glycemic load diet. I don’t have any blood sugar issues, however supposedly this prevents crazy insulin surges which cause you to gain and retain weight. It has been pretty effective the past 2+ weeks I have lost 6 lbs already. Its not quite Atkins as you can still eat many fruits and veg, but she tells us to cut out most carbs and sugar, high fructose corn syrup, potatoes, most breads etc, and focus on protein, protein, protein and veg/fruit. I mention this to you as we have not had horrible embies, but they haven’t been great either -and we are still unexplained. Whenever I stim my follies grow really fast but my estradiol lags and never seems in decent proportion. Well, we did a stim cycle with timed intercourse while on this diet, and while I am not holding my breath for it to work, and still in the 2WW, I will say my follies were much more steady, and my estradiol was much higher than usual -I wonder if that means the eggs were better quality. So, there might be something to it. Have you tried anything like that for the weight loss as I wonder if it can help the embies too? I am going to mention this to the REs, current one and 2nd opinion one to see if they think it means anything. I wonder if it will help on our next IVF. Im not holding my breath for this cycle as its the first attempt since I figured this out and that may not actually be whats causing our problem. AZ is an awesome state -I am in New England . it sounds like you have got a great RE now! It looks like you have been through so much so I hope you have lots of success with this one. Hope you have a great vacation!

KTF - 4th times a charm, I’m fairly certain :flower: . Yes, we do have a similar history, do you know what caused your :wings: ? Ours turned out to be a chromosomal abnormality. What does the Laproscopy entail? We are also trying to lose a little weight before doing another IVF. I gained a bit on my second cycle when I got pregnant for some reason and just wasn’t able to get rid of it.

Its nice to know our IVFs are a few months off, I feel like it gives us lots of time to mentally prepare, get tests done, and just feel better about our cycles when we get to them.[/quote]

Ktp how were you diagnosed? I have unexplained infertility and am planning on ivf in oct so I have been trying to find ways to increase my chances and this celiac stuff keeps jumping out at me. About 6 years ago I was tested my blood was positive for it and my intestine was negative I remember being told to try a gluten free diet I did it for 2 weeks and gave up and forgot all about it til now. As much as I hate that diet looks like I better go back on it.

I was having problems with my thyroid. It was fluctuating and my doc decided to test me for it. Apparently gluten has quite the impact on thyroids. I guess the 2 go hand in hand. He ran a simple blood test, then I had to get another bigger blood test to confirm. I think it was 7 vials…it was a little rough. I have never had my intestines tested. My GI doc isn’t all that concerned as long as I am on a gluten free diet, but he was floored that my RE had never tested me for it. My new RE is very supportive of going gluten free and has the opinion that it can affect fertility. I haven’t stuck to the diet though, its hard. But I plan on getting back on it.
I say give it a shot!

I am not sure about diet and embies never been mentioned. I try to eat healthy and don’t really eat a lot of surgar. I loose weight faster w working out over diet. I have been working out a lot more hoping it pays off. I am taking C0q10 for egg health along w other vitamins. I will start accupunture soon.

How is everyone doing ?

I got my Chocken Pox booster so hoping its enough in 30 days.

I have my Peri appt on Tuesadsy so I can get the green light.

I found out my chromosome testing will be covered by medical! Since my primary diagnosis code is habitual abortion trying to see if anything more can be coveted under medical.

Hi everyone I have my ivf class on aug 19 and I will also get my calendar my guess at this time is I will be doing ivf in October. This is starting to feel real now I am excited and scared. This is my one and only chance :pray:

Hello Everyone!!! I am gearing up to start my first IVF cycle in October! My DH and I have been ttc for a while now. (See my signature for details). We chose to do the donor sperm IUI’s last year cause IVF is not covered by insurance and we thought that would be the most cost effective way to get a baby at the time. Now, I wish we would just have sucked it up and saved cause we ended up spending close to the amount needed for IVF. Now, we have the money and are ready to embrace IVF! :cheer:

We had our official IVF consult this past monday. My RE put DH on conception XR and stated he has to be on this for 72 days before he provides the sample so that puts us around oct 15 for ER depending on how stims go. DH has been on clomid since April this year also. As far as diet goes that you all are talking about. The cycle I got pregnant during DS IUI’s I did a organic, gluten free, dairy free, suagr free (can use agave nectar and truvia as substitutes) alcohol and caffeine free diet and got pregnant… I dont know if that had anything to do with getting pregant that cycle but I am going to start this diet (or change in eating) around first of september in hopes of clearing out system of toxins etc. I am also doing AM/PM yoga to help too. My RE suggested not to do accupuncture unless I was a poor responder to the stims which I am not so I am not going to do it this cycle, although I did do it previously with DS IUI’s.

Ok, sorry for the long post! I am super excited to get started and nervous at the same time. Is there anything else you ladies would recommend I do for my first cycle? I hope we all have successful cycles!!!

[QUOTE=puglove]Hi everyone I have my ivf class on aug 19 and I will also get my calendar my guess at this time is I will be doing ivf in October. This is starting to feel real now I am excited and scared. This is my one and only chance :pray:[/QUOTE]

That’s cool :slight_smile:

Getting a plan is great! How exciting!

[QUOTE=nicuRN1225]Hello Everyone!!! I am gearing up to start my first IVF cycle in October! My DH and I have been ttc for a while now. (See my signature for details). We chose to do the donor sperm IUI’s last year cause IVF is not covered by insurance and we thought that would be the most cost effective way to get a baby at the time. Now, I wish we would just have sucked it up and saved cause we ended up spending close to the amount needed for IVF. Now, we have the money and are ready to embrace IVF! :cheer:

We had our official IVF consult this past monday. My RE put DH on conception XR and stated he has to be on this for 72 days before he provides the sample so that puts us around oct 15 for ER depending on how stims go. DH has been on clomid since April this year also. As far as diet goes that you all are talking about. The cycle I got pregnant during DS IUI’s I did a organic, gluten free, dairy free, suagr free (can use agave nectar and truvia as substitutes) alcohol and caffeine free diet and got pregnant… I dont know if that had anything to do with getting pregant that cycle but I am going to start this diet (or change in eating) around first of september in hopes of clearing out system of toxins etc. I am also doing AM/PM yoga to help too. My RE suggested not to do accupuncture unless I was a poor responder to the stims which I am not so I am not going to do it this cycle, although I did do it previously with DS IUI’s.

Ok, sorry for the long post! I am super excited to get started and nervous at the same time. Is there anything else you ladies would recommend I do for my first cycle? I hope we all have successful cycles!!![/QUOTE]

Hi guys, I’ve posted on a few other boards but kind of got lost as I kept getting dates pushed back from my RE, and the run around from a different one. My fist consultation appointment is the 22nd. I have some questions jotted down, but if anyone has any other advice to give I would take it. This is our one and only chance, one and done.

Me: tubes taken out after my dd was born prematurely.
Dh: absolutely normal

DD: natural, 1997
DS: natural, 2002
Tubal ligation
DD: natural, born at 33 weeks due to eclampsia.
I had laparoscopy to stop bleeding and see what happened. Ended up losing both tubes.
Divorced a jerk, married a prince
Now we want one together

I got my IVF schedule! FET late December or early January!