Ivf September/october

I’m going for my second IVF schedule in September well that is my plan I hope God 's plan is earlier. My first IVF cycle was changed to an IUI because of a poor response to the meds, but no BABY. So this thread is to help others and me to communicate on what we are doing to get healthy for a BFP in OCT so please join me.

Hi Tuck, i just posted on the August/September board but I think this timeline is more appropriate for me.

We’re doing one last round of IUI in August before going to IVF in September/October.

Our history has been 4 months of clomid, 4 more months of clomid+IUI all BFN. Then first month wait for IVF we got preggo but miscarried at 7 weeks.

We hope to have a take home baby soon by any means.

Hope we get lucky on this thread!!! :thankyou:

Welcome

[quote=Karenttc]Hi Tuck, i just posted on the August/September board but I think this timeline is more appropriate for me.

We’re doing one last round of IUI in August before going to IVF in September/October.

Our history has been 4 months of clomid, 4 more months of clomid+IUI all BFN. Then first month wait for IVF we got preggo but miscarried at 7 weeks.

We hope to have a take home baby soon by any means.

Hope we get lucky on this thread!!! :thankyou:[/quote]

:welcome: i’m praying for a baby too we will be on this thread together

First IVF nervousness and how many embryos to transfer?

I am hoping to start my first IVF cycle in September or October and I’m so nervous. Can’t agree wit DH on whether we should transfer one embryo or two, and now that time is getting closer I’m terrified, even though I want it so badly

I’m not sure if I’ll fall into this thread or a slightly earlier one, but figured I’d go ahead and post. We just got a :bfn: last Thursday on our first IVF cycle. I know I can’t cycle in July and I’m not sure that I’m ready so cycle as early as August.

Blondie: Just wanted to say that I wouldn’t get too concerned about those issues this early. There are LOTS of steps before the embryo transfer and all can change the decision-making process. We placed 2…and debated 3. But, we were lucky to have gotten the 3 we had! (We were worried about storing embryos…which was not even an issue in the end.)

Best wishes to all of you! I’m going to start taking some Royal Jelly this week and work on shedding the 15 pounds I’ve gained over the past 6 weeks of our failed cycle!

:welcome: you will get your answer don’t stress about it.

royal jelly

[quote=lucyddr]I’m not sure if I’ll fall into this thread or a slightly earlier one, but figured I’d go ahead and post. We just got a :bfn: last Thursday on our first IVF cycle. I know I can’t cycle in July and I’m not sure that I’m ready so cycle as early as August.

Blondie: Just wanted to say that I wouldn’t get too concerned about those issues this early. There are LOTS of steps before the embryo transfer and all can change the decision-making process. We placed 2…and debated 3. But, we were lucky to have gotten the 3 we had! (We were worried about storing embryos…which was not even an issue in the end.)
Best wishes to all of you! I’m going to start taking some Royal Jelly this week and work on shedding the 15 pounds I’ve gained over the past 6 weeks of our failed cycle![/quote]

royal jelly? what does that do? i think you fit in good with us.!!!

September IVF

Hello ladies,

I’m Mona and I will be doing my 3rd IVF the week of Sept. 12. I am very anxious to get started. I had my last IVF in June and it resulted in a chemical pg :frowning: I got :af: June 28 and my RE wants me to take a little break and try again in Sept. He recommened to do acupuncture till my next IVF so I started last week and will be going once a week till my ER/ET. :pray: it will work this time. Been trying for almost 13 years and I don’t know if I can handle another :bfn: . It’s just too hard. I :pray: all you ladies get a :bfp: very soon.

Mona :grouphug:

Hey everyone! I think i’d like to join your group. I was planning on trying in November but I got so excited I moved it up to September:) (I haven’t told DH though)
So there is a possibility that this is premature but whatever I would love to get started with you all.

Royal Jelly: I am on it now. I tried it for my IUI’s but it is of little help when DH is not making much sperm anyway, but now that we are doing IVF I figure it can’t hurt. I am also going to start acupuncture here shortly.

I’m excited to get started with you all :woohoo:

Me too.

We are scheduled to do IVF with ICSI and PGD in October. We are TTC #1. I (age 36) have clotting issues and DH (38)has low morphology, however he was tested at a very strict lab. This will be our first IVF.

Having said that, my clinic has fantastic #'s, however it is very impersonal. In fact, they rotate doctors so often (for ER, monitoring and, ET) that it’s rare you see the same doctor twice. I would really like the same doctor, or significantly less doctors for the IVF process. I just wonder if it’s too late to make a change, given that we’ve mentally prep’ed ourselves for IVF in October.

Either way, I am really looking for some support along the way.

:welcome: KTB

Do you mind me asking where you are cycling?

Sure

Sure roonis, check your inbox.

HI all,

I will be starting my first ivf cycle in September. Very anxious and nervous about it. Like KTB I was concerned about my center and the doctors too… Office staff is wonderful and I think that’s what keeps me going back but I feel the doctor hasn’t been agressive enough…but I guess I have to trust he is doing the right things.

I would love to share this journey with all of you!!!

I did get royal jelly before but have stopped it - I was just taking too may things. I’m now only taking DHEA and folic acid. I guess i should get myself some prenatals as well but i was taking a whole load of e and c’s for a while too. I’ve been going to acupuncture all last year during my iui’s and i never did get preggo. When i finally got preggo i stopped going and miscarried. I was told by acunpunturist that next time i should continue acu bc it helps keep the baby. So that’s what i’ll likely do - I’m now going weekly.

psheridan74 - I guess I am lucky that my clinic is aggressive. What is it that your clinic is doing/not doing?

MY RE works at huge machine of a clinic and I just wish I could see her more offten, or see less doctors there. Everything is done by the doctor on call.
I actually just contacted 3 other local clinics, to see if I could have 1-2 doctors for the whole process, instead of 10+ crapshoot we are dealing with now.

Royal Jelly is basically “stuff” made by the queen bee in the hive and is generally sold in honey. As a Western-trained doc, I really don’t believe in it. However, I’m willing to try anything that won’t cause any harm and may help…well…maybe not accupuncture (had plenty of needle issues with the PIO last cycle). Royal Jelly is thought to help egg quality, which may be an issue for us.

I was planning to ask our doc about DHEA, but not too fond of taking a testosterone analog. Will see what he says…

I took a prescription prenatal (our doc is VERY specific on type) with DHA and extra folate during the last cycle. Obviously, it didn’t matter!

Welcome everyone and Good Luck! We go for our follow-up appointment next Tuesday, though I doubt any calendars will be discussed. I guess we’ll see where things go from there…

my clinic has 3 doctors and I see every one of them, they do all the procedures and the monitoring. In my heart I feel there is something not right with my luteal phase as I had 2 early miscarriages years ago and now it seems the number of days from ovulation to my period are running about 11 days. I asked them about progesterone supplements or testing the levels and they told me that most people do not have issues with progesterone. I just feel that they shouldn’t be looking at most people. They have diagnosed DH and I with unexplained infertility and I am having a hard time with that diagnosis.

My last two cycles were iui and I started surging on my own, my follies were no bigger than 14 or 15. I was just told that some people just produce small follicles.

Like I said, the office staff is great, just would like more answers.

I have an appointment with the doctor for the 18th I will see what happens then and if I feel it’s time to change I will do it then.

I hope you find the clinic that best fits you.

[QUOTE=KTB_]psheridan74 - I guess I am lucky that my clinic is aggressive. What is it that your clinic is doing/not doing?

MY RE works at huge machine of a clinic and I just wish I could see her more offten, or see less doctors there. Everything is done by the doctor on call.
I actually just contacted 3 other local clinics, to see if I could have 1-2 doctors for the whole process, instead of 10+ crapshoot we are dealing with now.[/QUOTE]

Hi ladies! It looks like I’m going to be joining you. :slight_smile: We just found out our FET ended in a chemical pregnancy and we’re out of frozen embryos, so it’s on to a fresh cycle! We are switching clinics and meet with the new doctor on Thursday. I’m hoping he’ll let us start right away, or possibly the following month if the timing doesn’t work out. I’ve been doing this since February, and I’m tired of waiting. Ready to get this show on the road. :smiley:

Best of luck to all of us!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

:welcome: Backrow and psheridan74!

Backrow- sorry that your FET didn’t work out, but yeah for having you with us. This is going to be the one!

lucyddr-My RE really doesn’t believe in royal jelly either but says that it’ll probably only hurt my pocket so might as well try. I was thinking about DHEA as well, but I think that would be doing too much. I’m just going to stick to what i’m on.

AFM: I might not be with you guys. I might have to wait until November and its upsetting me. I’m too excited to wait. Hopefully this works and I cycle on time (on my time) Hope everyone had a great day!

Hi All,Would love to join you lovely ladies as I prepare to do IVF in September:pray: .After my first chemical pregnancy I took a break and now feel I am ready to get on this IVF road:clap: .

Curious to know in what form we can take Royal Jelly?Is is a Capsule? Please advice;

Our issue is Male factor so IVF 2 will be IVF/ICSI!!

For this we will use Dexamathasone from Day 1 of Cycle and also Baby Aspirin.

We also hope to do AH.